No Melee Spots

@"rng.1024" said:What exactly is it that you are looking for here? Try to explain what you think of as a no-melee spot.

I was watching grimjacks stream, and he was up in the fences at waterfall (legacy of foefire), and he couldnt get hit by the warrior.

I think he even used this term "no melee spots" to describe that spot, sometimes you get into certain height that you can't be hit by some melee skills, and those spots aren't that high, some is just one jump away, like a small box, or that fence.

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@"rng.1024" said:What exactly is it that you are looking for here? Try to explain what you think of as a no-melee spot.

I was watching grimjacks stream, and he was up in the fences at waterfall (legacy of foefire), and he couldnt get hit by the warrior.

I think he even used this term "no melee spots" to describe that spot, sometimes you get into certain height that you can't be hit by some melee skills, and those spots aren't that high, some is just one jump away, like a small box, or that fence.

Ah yes, these are usually lumped in with the kiting spots term, however different attacks have different range and height parameters meaning different spots will only work against some attacks because the terrain blocking also comes in different sizes.

I do remember however one example of what you mention on forest, where you can walk outside the fence at the mid node and while technically in range, enemies can't hit you.

If you want extensive info on the pvp maps regarding kite spots, jumping puzzles, no port spots and no line of sight spots - Wooden Potatoes has assembled a marker pack using the Taco overlay which you can download and use, it shows you in real time what the spot is categorized as, difficulty of use and more.

Here's a link to his video on it, further information should be easy to aquire (as I haven't gotten around to download it myself yet) from his channel:

He also uses these spots constantly in his "Game of the Day" playlist, showcasing it's use (no melee, no port, projectile denial, secret and so forth) whenever he utilizes them. Quality gameplay and great commentary, very worthwhile to watch if you are interested in the finer aspects of PvP as a gamemode.