Weeklong Bonus Event: Meta-Event Rush!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been one of my favorite events ever. I haven't played alot since PoF released, but the meta event has really drawn me back this week. I love the old HoT metas and seeing them thrive this week has been great. Plus the PoF meta's were almost new to me, so the crowds on them are great too.In the future I would love to see this on a regular rotation highlighting different events each time, perhaps even one of those portal devices linked to a regular event rotation like this could pay the manpower on it. I would also suggest some revamping of the orr events to make them more timer friendly

Are bonus boxes capped? Or daily per meta/character?

It seems to be random whether I get bonus boxes from the listed meta events or not. Just to clarify, I understand there is a specific list of meta events which are included in the rush. I am sticking to the list, and still not getting bonus boxes upon completion. For example yesterday I received no bonus boxes at all after midday, and just now, I completed Ascension for the first time today. According to all sources I've found that event should reward me with 4 boxes, but I got none, yet Pinata at reset gave me 4 as it should have. I'm very confused, please help!

@"Praxis.4976" said:Are bonus boxes capped? Or daily per meta/character?

It seems to be random whether I get bonus boxes from the listed meta events or not. Just to clarify, I understand there is a specific list of meta events which are included in the rush. I am sticking to the list, and still not getting bonus boxes upon completion. For example yesterday I received no bonus boxes at all after midday, and just now, I completed Ascension for the first time today. According to all sources I've found that event should reward me with 4 boxes, but I got none, yet Pinata at reset gave me 4 as it should have. I'm very confused, please help!

What are these sources? Ascension does not give any boxes, only the doppelganger after it. Sounds like you did some stuff not included in the event.

From the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Meta-Event_Rush page, you can review the 'event for reward' table underneath the timer.

Ascension is only included in the timer because, if ascension is not done, doppelganger will not spawn. It is part of the chain. Similarly, you can see helping the outposts before chak and rounds 1-3 also do not give bonus boxes, they are simply part of the chain.

Well, I'm confused. I haven't been able to log on this week until tonight, when I find all of the tiers apparently done? But in my achievements it says "0/x" for all of them. I did a meta (Vinewraith), and got 4 bonus boxes, but that's it. Did I miss out on all of the community tier rewards entirely? I guess that's ok if so, as I didn't get a chance to contribute to them, but the description was a bit vague on that. It seems sad to have an event that weekend-only players just aren't going to be able to take full advantage of.

EDIT: when I changed maps, THEN the 5 tier rewards showed up. Confusing as all heck.

Adding an extra tier would not be hard.. doing nothing makes it feel like they're not monitoring the event at all :(

Completing all the tiers in half the time, it would be nice if that was acknowledged and we had more bonus tiers to work on. Show us you're here anet :)

I got a lot out of this event and I hope they do it again. I never spent much time doing metas before. I just never looked in to them that much to get interested. I started working on Astralaria this week so the timing worked out great as I needed a lot of the HoT map currencies and mats. So I opened LFG and started joining metas. Not only did I learn how to do them but I also found a really nice guild along the way that is excellent at metas and they took me in. I got all the HoT stuff I needed in a few days, made a fair amount of gold and learned enough after a few runs to command a few HoT meta lanes when a tag was needed. So at least in my case I think this event served its purpose.

It seems a lot of people learned a fair amount as well. I noticed a significant improvement in how players did during the metas over the last few days, even in less organized groups.

Not extending the tiers dynamically based on the player engagement is a bit of a missed opportunity by anet. Would have been quite a win to show they're actively part of the community.

Something small and simple like 'wow guys, we've been watching you all smash through those tiers.. so here's some more to work on!'

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Fear not. Looks like another 'Bonus Week' is coming this next week.

[...]Rubi and Clayton investigate strange happenings around Central Tyria’s world bosses in search of shinies.

Hmmm, intriguing. B)

The event is part of the introduction of the new raid, see https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/meet-the-key-of-ahdashim-on-june-11/

@"LadyRhonwyn.2501" said:Looks like if you arrive late in the game (only got to play again since yesterday), you might as well not bother at all?

And if they are adding things like the temple events to something like a "rush", having to wait an undetermined time for something to begin is not fun.

You still get the rewards from all 5 tiers as long as you complete one single event. Seems fair?

This is the heart of this game: open world content. Whether we're rushing metas, events, bosses, as long as the content is OPEN, you'll get good reviews overall. Closed content makes for a game that serves a few. This game was meant to be open. Core Tyria was structured to be that way. Go back to your roots, devs. Open world is your bread and butter.

@Etria.3642 said:

@"LadyRhonwyn.2501" said:Looks like if you arrive late in the game (only got to play again since yesterday), you might as well not bother at all?

And if they are adding things like the temple events to something like a "rush", having to wait an undetermined time for something to begin is not fun.

You still get the rewards from all 5 tiers as long as you complete one single event. Seems fair?

Whew, I'm glad Anet was so inclusive about the rewards. During the first three tiers I participated a lot and really enjoyed it. Then my internet connection starting going totally out of whack with repeated, frequent disconnects. I managed to finish one event in tier 4 and none at all in tier 5. Didn't think I would get the tier 5 reward but lo and behold, when I did manage to log in for a minute after that tier was completed, there was the tier 5 reward waiting for me. Woo Hoo! Ty Anet!

Yep I lost count of how many of these meta bonus things that have not even been received do to long time known game breaking bugs/glitches. The only thing really still keeping me playing is the new map I like its meta but after anets changes in wvw and this event thing its really the only thing the game has going for it before it really does die.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Schimmi.6872 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Fear not. Looks like another 'Bonus Week' is coming this next week.

[...]Rubi and Clayton investigate strange happenings around Central Tyria’s world bosses in search of shinies.

Hmmm, intriguing. B)

The event is part of the introduction of the new raid, see

Yup, that's correct! @"Clayton Kisko.5207" and I will be running around on EU worlds participating in this event for about an hour tomorrow. If you're on EU worlds, join us! My character is Rubi Djinn and Clayton's is Solair Artorias. The livestream will happen tomorrow (Tuesday June 11) at noon Pacific time (UTC -7) on our Twitch channel.

If you want to make sure your time conversion is correct you can check it on this site.