Network error? error code=1083:5:7:1596:101

Same happened to me yesterday, during the 3 bosses in Dragonfall. And also the day before yesterday, during the maw of torment. Basically since the new meta event, sometimes I lose the connection: I can still move around, but everyone else is frozen on the map. I wait for a couple of minutes, and then I'm disconnected.When I try to log in again, I get the error message. At least it happens after dinner, so it's a good time to stop playing.Might be not related to the meta event, since this thread started one week ago, but I've been disconnected only in the last 2 days.

A friend and I had this happen during a balthazar temple event in straits of devastation yesterday. The whole world would freeze, skills were blinking but not going off, then we would loose connection and were unable to log in with any character for several minutes. Since we were playing from oposite ends of the country (we were in teamspeak at the time, that's how we knew it happened simultaeously) I suspect it was a map crash rather than an individual problem.

This has happened to me only twice (about a year ago and now a few days ago) - both times I got kicked out of the game and was unable to log back in on any of my characters. The same fix worked on either of those cases.

If you are running Windows, turn off GW2 client, try flushing your DNS and then check if you can log back into the game:

-> Start menu-> Search for CMD or Command Prompt-> Run as administrator-> type the following:

ipconfig /flushdns

-> confirm by pressing enterI don't know how the procedure looks on other OS so you'll have to look it up on your own.

• Like 1

to be honest the network errors that keep popping up almost feel like a DDOS issue is going on somewhere. If it was just happening to me I would be less inclined to point a finger, but with the numerous threads that have appeared and no input from ANET it does kind of feel like something is happening somewhere.. hopefully it will get sorted soon

Just happened to me, and I haven't been able to log back in. Oddly enough my partner's having no problems at all. Another friend of mine had the same issue earlier. I was in Lion's Arch, and so was my friend. Partner isn't anywhere near Lion's Arch. Lion's Arch instance having issues?

• 2 years later...
On 6/7/2019 at 5:06 PM, Bloodstealer.5978 said:

to be honest the network errors that keep popping up almost feel like a DDOS issue is going on somewhere. If it was just happening to me I would be less inclined to point a finger, but with the numerous threads that have appeared and no input from ANET it does kind of feel like something is happening somewhere.. hopefully it will get sorted soon

It just happened to me while i was reporting what i am sure it was people using bots. 

• 1 year later...
On 6/7/2019 at 5:59 AM, WolandPL.4280 said:

This has happened to me only twice (about a year ago and now a few days ago) - both times I got kicked out of the game and was unable to log back in on any of my characters. The same fix worked on either of those cases.

If you are running Windows, turn off GW2 client, try flushing your DNS and then check if you can log back into the game:

-> Start menu-> Search for CMD or Command Prompt-> Run as administrator-> type the following:

ipconfig /flushdns

-> confirm by pressing enterI don't know how the procedure looks on other OS so you'll have to look it up on your own.

this just worked for me - March 2023

• Sad 1