A plea from the community - it's not too late to renege on mounts in WvW

Lonecap.4105

Mounts are great, I love not having to fight in a pvp game mode. Last night there was a player back capping the blood lust, but whenever I approached them they just rode away, which was excellent, i was worried I might have to fight them. But thanks to mounts fights are a much more rare occurrence and we can now all focus on what we love about wvw. The karma train. I sure hope anet don't add dismount skills, or maybe lower the mounts health and immunity to cc.

Wouldn't it suck if mounts were only good for out of combat movement speed, and not used as a tool to avoid having to fight anyone ever. If that happened players might actually end up having to defend themselves or hold their ground or some other ludicrous form of pvp game play. But none of us would want that, who wants to fight when you can just ride to the next pve objective and fight the pve mobs like in pve. When a player turns up just ride away to the next camp or tower.Mounts are a great addition to wvw, all us wvw players who avoid pve like the plague sure do love that we don't fight players anymore.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Doug.4930 said:Mounts are great, I love not having to fight in a pvp game mode. Last night there was a player back capping the blood lust, but whenever I approached them they just rode away, which was excellent, i was worried I might have to fight them. But thanks to mounts fights are a much more rare occurrence and we can now all focus on what we love about wvw. The karma train. I sure hope anet don't add dismount skills, or maybe lower the mounts health and immunity to cc.

Wouldn't it suck if mounts were only good for out of combat movement speed, and not used as a tool to avoid having to fight anyone ever. If that happened players might actually end up having to defend themselves or hold their ground or some other ludicrous form of pvp game play. But none of us would want that, who wants to fight when you can just ride to the next pve objective and fight the pve mobs like in pve. When a player turns up just ride away to the next camp or tower.Mounts are a great addition to wvw, all us wvw players who avoid pve like the plague sure do love that we don't fight players anymore.

Then you are doing it wrong, I spent 4 hours getting into constant fights with other servers roaming on multiple maps a few days back. Mounts never changed the ability to have those fights, and actually I had MORE fights because of enemies running back to kill me faster than previously. Also, want more fights? Take stuff, defend it (not just hiding in objectives but going out to fight). I had so many bags doing that.

Occasionally you'll get someone running from you, you really should accept that you won't get a fight EVERY time you see an enemy. I did and had a blast fighting those who wanted to. (Not duels either)

Again, another misleading title. A plea from the community? Which community? Warclaw haters? WvW Gankers? Forum participants? Most likely the community you self-proclaimed representing is only a handful of the mount haters in this forum and at most, a tiny mini fraction of the World player base.

@Mil.3562 said:Again, another misleading title. A plea from the community? Which community? Warclaw haters? WvW Gankers? Forum participants? Most likely the community you self-proclaimed representing is only a handful of the mount haters in this forum and at most, a tiny mini fraction of the World player base.

Not like the game is booming with max queue times right now. If anything it seems more empty...more boring. So Id have to say not a tiny mini fraction.

@Mil.3562 said:Again, another misleading title. A plea from the community? Which community? Warclaw haters? WvW Gankers? Forum participants? Most likely the community you self-proclaimed representing is only a handful of the mount haters in this forum and at most, a tiny mini fraction of the World player base.

Fun fact: there are more people ganking with mounts now, especially when outnumbering opponent.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@Mil.3562 said:Again, another misleading title. A plea from
the community
? Which community? Warclaw haters? WvW Gankers? Forum participants? Most likely the community you self-proclaimed representing is only a handful of the mount haters in this forum and at most, a tiny mini fraction of the World player base.

Fun fact: there are more people ganking with mounts now, especially when outnumbering opponent.

Fun fact: when you’re outnumbered you’re getting ganked anyway mounts or not.

@DeathPanel.8362 said:

the community
? Which community? Warclaw haters? WvW Gankers? Forum participants? Most likely the community you self-proclaimed representing is only a handful of the mount haters in this forum and at most, a tiny mini fraction of the World player base.

Fun fact: Without mounts you are able to outplay your gankers. With mounts, only one needs to keep you in combat.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

the community

Fun fact: Without mounts you are able to outplay your gankers. With mounts, only one needs to keep you in combat.

Fun fact: If they outnumber you and know what they’re doing you’re not going to “outplay” them mounts or not.

@DeathPanel.8362 said:

the community

Fun fact: If they outnumber you and know what they’re doing you’re not going to “outplay” them mounts or not.

Correction: Outplay doesnt just mean beating them. It could mean escaping and not dieing to a entourage.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

the community

Correction: Outplay doesnt just mean beating them. It could mean escaping and not dieing to a entourage.

Never said otherwise. If others know what they are doing and outnumber you what's to prevent them from using their own abilities to catch and gank you?

@DeathPanel.8362 said:

the community

Never said otherwise. If others know what they are doing and outnumber you what's to prevent them from using their own abilities to catch and gank you?

The fact that that isnt really outplaying them?