EOTM needs love

@RedShark.9548 said:Honestly, its not THAT different if you dont follow everybody elses karmatrain, or just look for fights etc. There are enough similarities to draw wvw player to that for the rewards.

Your logic still doesn't follow. The player in your example plays wvw despite not needing any more rewards. This means that person is playing wvw specifically for the sake of wvw. But at the same time you are saying this person would be drawn to EOTM for the rewards when the premise is that this person isn't playing for rewards in the first place. So your logic contradicts itself.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's more likely is that the changes to EOTM I talk about would attract PVE players the same way a new LW map attracts them. A new map currency, armor set, and skins similar to the Jahai and Dragonfall maps. Arenanet can easily make that EOTM map change as the next LW season.

@DeathPanel.8362 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:Honestly, its not THAT different if you dont follow everybody elses karmatrain, or just look for fights etc. There are enough similarities to draw wvw player to that for the rewards.

Your logic still doesn't follow. The player in your example plays wvw despite not needing any more rewards. This means that person is playing wvw specifically for the sake of wvw. But at the same time you are saying this person would be drawn to EOTM for the rewards when the premise is that this person isn't playing for rewards in the first place. So your logic contradicts itself.

Yes, because wvw and eotm are simialiar enough to be played by the same type of person. But if given more rewards (because they have all Normal Wvw rewards) they will play eotm.

Whats so hard to understand about that?

@RedShark.9548 said:

Yes, because wvw and eotm are simialiar enough to be played by the same type of person. But if given more rewards (because they have all Normal Wvw rewards) they will play eotm.

Whats so hard to understand about that?Apparently you’re the one that don’t understand. They’re not played by the same type of person. People used EotM mainly to level alts and karma train. It was a glorified pve farm zone. It wasn’t at all similar to how people play Wvw. It was mostly pve farmers that played it. They just went to the Silverwastes when EotM was nerfed.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@DeathPanel.8362 said:To clarify this means EotM will have only its own reward track and none of the wvw ones so it will not take away people who want wvw track rewards from wvw.

It takes away wvw player that play wvw, but dont need those rewards anymore

I need to point out that your original point is flawed. In order to not need the rewards anyone one would need to be either bored badly by wvw in which case they’d stop playing or have gotten everything already which means they’d have to be at minimal rank 2000(req for legendary wvw armor) with thousands of hours in wvw. Even if you’re right the number lost through this would be inconsequential because that’s 0.1% of the population. If we’re being generous.

I remember levelling multiple characters back in the day on EOTM and I was sad to see that all change, as it was a good fun way to level so I could then focus on hearing and going out in to the world with a completed character to experience all the content as story only.

I hope they repurpose this map for some other reason in the future as it was well designed and I liked it.

This... ppl left wvw for the easy farm and wvw suffered because of it. That cant be allowed to happen again.

@DeathPanel.8362 said:Apparently you’re the one that don’t understand. They’re not played by the same type of person. People used EotM mainly to level alts and karma train. It was a glorified pve farm zone. It wasn’t at all similar to how people play Wvw. It was mostly pve farmers that played it. They just went to the Silverwastes when EotM was nerfed.

I like the map, its a fun map, just dont like what people used to do on it. Would be good if they made it a regular wvw map and rotated it weekly with Desert BL.

@Aeolus.3615 said:Getting EOTM removed from game and salavage the map for something else would be an improvement....

EOTM can have some interesting mechanics but the way Anet dev's achieved those mechanics feel cheap coded, like the scorpion transmogs....

Make it a smaller map and only allow 2 teams of no more than 10 or 20 like capture the flag. I would love a smaller game that you can queue with a smaller group, really not a fan of the zergs.

@DeathPanel.8362 said:

@DeathPanel.8362 said:To clarify this means EotM will have only its own reward track and none of the wvw ones so it will not take away people who want wvw track rewards from wvw.

I need to point out that your original point is flawed. In order to not need the rewards anyone one would need to be either bored badly by wvw in which case they’d stop playing or have gotten everything already which means they’d have to be at minimal rank 2000(req for legendary wvw armor) with thousands of hours in wvw. Even if you’re right the number lost through this would be inconsequential because that’s 0.1% of the population. If we’re being generous.

You dont need 2000 rank for legendary wvw armor.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Yes you do. If you want the mistforged legendary.

@Lady Sapphirah.6234 said:This... ppl left wvw for the easy farm and wvw suffered because of it. That cant be allowed to happen again.

@DeathPanel.8362 said:Apparently you’re the one that don’t understand. They’re not played by the same type of person. People used EotM mainly to level alts and karma train. It was a glorified pve farm zone. It wasn’t at all similar to how people play Wvw. It was mostly pve farmers that played it. They just went to the Silverwastes when EotM was nerfed.

You’re not understanding. People mostly used EotM as Pve karma train. They didn’t leave wvw. Wvw was simply getting stale because it didn’t have reward tracks back then. The people that used to do EotM are mostly doing Silverwastes trains now, not wvw.

The biggest misconception people have is that somehow EotM and wvw shared the same player base. They don’t. One set is a mostly pve group after karma train. The other set is after wvw Zerg/roaming pvp. Nerfing EotM didn’t make the farmers join wvw. It just made them move on to a pve farm zone. Ie Silverwastes. Improving EotM in the way I talked about isn’t going to detract from wvw. It would just encourage part of the pve population to go there the same way a new LS zone attracts them.

@DeathPanel.8362 said:

Yes you do. If you want the mistforged legendary.

You can craft T2 legendary, which has no rank requirements.

@DeathPanel.8362 said:The biggest misconception people have is that somehow EotM and wvw shared the same player base. They don’t. One set is a mostly pve group after karma train. The other set is after wvw Zerg/roaming pvp. Nerfing EotM didn’t make the farmers join wvw. It just made them move on to a pve farm zone. Ie Silverwastes. Improving EotM in the way I talked about isn’t going to detract from wvw. It would just encourage part of the pve population to go there the same way a new LS zone attracts them.

Plenty of pve maps to farm, no need for more. This topic like many others before it offers nothing new. I would rather Anet spend resources on the Alliance system, new ls maps, new content instead of this.

@DeathPanel.8362 said:

Whats so hard to understand about that?Apparently you’re the one that don’t understand. They’re not played by the same type of person. People used EotM mainly to level alts and karma train. It was a glorified pve farm zone. It wasn’t at all similar to how people play Wvw. It was mostly pve farmers that played it. They just went to the Silverwastes when EotM was nerfed.

Dude, im almost rank 4k aswell, ive leveled many character there, ive also played wirh my guild there and also sometimes one of our servers public commanders jumped into wvw, because we had no one to fight in our normal borders.

Like i said, eotm is what you make it. Ofc many played it just training in a circle, but ive seen MANY times zergs that just ran around and busted the karmatrains. If wvw veterans are drawn to it, what would stop them from playing the mode how they want?

There are many ppl over 2k rank, after almost 7 years.How could you ever say that it has no similiarities at all, geez.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@DeathPanel.8362 said:The biggest misconception people have is that somehow EotM and wvw shared the same player base. They don’t. One set is a mostly pve group after karma train. The other set is after wvw Zerg/roaming pvp. Nerfing EotM didn’t make the farmers join wvw. It just made them move on to a pve farm zone. Ie Silverwastes. Improving EotM in the way I talked about isn’t going to detract from wvw. It would just encourage part of the pve population to go there the same way a new LS zone attracts them.

Plenty of pve maps to farm, no need for more. This topic like many others before it offers nothing new. I would rather Anet spend resources on the Alliance system, new ls maps, new content instead of this.

You: Plenty of pve maps to farm, no need for more.You in the same paragraph: I would rather Anet spend resources on the Alliance system, new ls maps.

@RedShark.9548 said:Like i said, eotm is what you make it. Ofc many played it just training in a circle, but ive seen MANY times zergs that just ran around and busted the karmatrains. If wvw veterans are drawn to it, what would stop them from playing the mode how they want?

There are many ppl over 2k rank, after almost 7 years.How could you ever say that it has no similiarities at all, geez.

I never same there were NO similarities. Just that they weren't similar in more ways than similar. There's a difference there. By some standards even Conquest is similar to WvW since they both have the same professions and mechanics.Most people don't play WvW full time. Most people haven't played since release day. Vast majority of people don't have over 2k rank. Your point once again is flawed.

@DeathPanel.8362 said:

You: Plenty of pve maps to farm, no need for more.You in the same paragraph: I would rather Anet spend resources on the Alliance system,
new ls maps

You DO understand that eotm and new ls maps are quite different things, I hope? Eotm is silverwastes, no fights, karma train. It should be easy to get. Hopefully.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

You: Plenty of pve maps to farm, no need for more.You in the same paragraph: I would rather Anet spend resources on the Alliance system,
new ls maps

You DO understand that eotm and new ls maps are quite different things, I hope? Eotm is silverwastes, no fights, karma train. It should be easy to get. Hopefully.

You: Plenty of pve maps to farm, no need for more.Also You in the same post: I would rather Anet spend resources on the Alliance system, new ls maps.You directly contradicted yourself. New LS Maps are by definition PVE maps. You both said there's no need for more and said you wanted more in the same paragraph.You either misspoke or have cognitive dissonance.

@DeathPanel.8362 said:

new ls maps

You: Plenty of pve maps to farm, no need for more.Also You in the same post: I would rather Anet spend resources on the Alliance system,
new ls maps
.You directly contradicted yourself. New LS Maps are by definition PVE maps. You both said there's no need for more and said you wanted more in the same paragraph.You either misspoke or have cognitive dissonance.

I am sorry, you wrote on a previous post/comment that you want eotm to become a pve map, and it to have reward tracks. Since my cognitive dissonance is apparent, pray tell me which PVE map has reward tracks as a feature. If you want eotm to remain a wvw map, and for it to have a reward track, you should really make better arguments to the devs mainly WHY they should spend their time to change eotm rewards. Ad hominems hardly make your case stronger.I am a patient man, I will wait for your apology

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:Delete eotm from game seams a decent work arround.

Useless and abandoned map.

If you delete it from the game, then I wont have it to point to when I show people how clueless anet is about the WvW population and the fact it was only ever a ktrain PvE map.

if Anet makes eotn a pve map in pve similar to dry top, I think I’m quoting the right map, correct if wrong, eotm gets “fixed”.

But theres 2 serious issues here, players that want wvw rewards by leeching and ktrains that can avoid fights and the second issue is that the map at the moment is.l a death weight in the game, even the mechanics of the map like the scorpion transmigriffers are bad and that’s just a start from what’s wrong in that map....As a siege gamemode players whatever they built should need supply at least, there should be no transmigriffers either cause that’s a slacker solution from devolopers team.Scorpions or anything mobile like the charr Car should be builded as golems are and count as mobile siege.

Maybe Anet could design eotm to be the Mists factory grounds where guilds and alliances that own those eotm keeps would have access to a tech tree they could choose from and unlock special siege, as a developer and with a siege game design mindset, this is what my mind thinks Anet should up their game, mechanics and sense of allience evolution and different strategies rather we all end in aoe spam more than target gameplay.

ATM the best to due would be Anet remove until game has better mechanics and they can find something logical with that map.

Then go talk about this on the PvE forums. You're on the WvW forums, because indeed it was WvW players that played EotM.

PvE players have their farm zones. No need for EotM to become another for the massive numbers of PvE players that want to EotM.

Now, if ANet would alternate EotM map with EBG map I could perhaps get behind that.