Gizmo Reward and new 'God of Conquest' Title

I was talking with a friend recently back from a long break and we came to the question of how to improve the sorry state of PvP. His idea was to create a new Gizmo and title, maybe something like 'God of Conquest' to reward the following:

-win 5̶0̶0̶ 300 games on each character class in Ranked (lose maximum 130)-win all types of ATs (excluding monthly)-win 5̶0̶0̶0̶ 3000 top stats

This is for sure a grind, but perfectly obtainable by a good player (many of us have far past this over the years) and it encourages multi-classing, something that improves a player's ability in conquest beyond measure. We would get many more active players. They would be encouraged to learn the mode and each class. To win on each class in this new competitive environment would force the playerbase to git gud. Finally, and this is the best part for Anet, it would sell more character slots.

If we think about the current rewards and titles, all are pretty much a joke. The Ascension is extremely easy to get and because of this introduces toxic casuals into the mode. Season titles are win traded and even botted. Monthly ATs are the last and only decent reward, but there just isn't a good enough population to support such a competition, at least not on NA.

Happy to debate the numbers, but keep them very high. This should be a long term goal to reward top quality play.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Gizmo and God of PVP title should not be grind-able items/achievements for players.

Regardless if it's a meme to the community leave the ONLY NONE grind-able stuff alone. Everything else is already hand given to players as it is.

I'd just like repeatable champion (insert class here) titles with a number next to it.

Oh and champion titles for each elite spec.

And class specific achievements. Something like; kill three players with one mighty blow in a rated game.

@zoopop.5630 said:Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Gizmo and God of PVP title should not be grind-able items/achievements for players.

Regardless if it's a meme to the community leave the ONLY NONE grind-able stuff alone. Everything else is already hand given to players as it is.

It's not an achievable grind for bad players though. Did you even read? This is a new title, not a replacement for 'God of Match Manipulation'.

@bladezero.9470 said:

@"zoopop.5630" said:Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It's not an achievable grind for bad players though. Did you even read? This is a new title, not a replacement for 'God of Match Manipulation'.

any PvP title with the word "god" in it shouldn't be grind-able period.

Rename the title and Remove the gizmo Idea and I can feel better about supporting this idea.

@zoopop.5630 said:

Rename the title and Remove the gizmo Idea and I can feel better about supporting this idea.

We just name it Grinder of Conquest instead then.And the Gizmo could be of an Ascended variety, and far less fancy than the current Legendary ones.

Edit: Why do people get so bloody worked up over minor details like the word "God" in a title? A bit it silly if you ask me.

@Yannir.4132 said:

We just name it Grinder of Conquest instead then.And the Gizmo could be of an Ascended variety, and far less fancy than the current Legendary ones.

Edit: Why do people get so bloody worked up over minor details like the word "God" in a title? A bit it silly if you ask me.

Why do people want some sort of gizmo that isn't going to be fancy or legendary status?

Again, Feels like some of ya'll just want more flashy items no real reason. I'll probably never get 1 but I don't want to see cheap versions of gizmo flying around Spvp because everyone else wants to feel "special".

The game mode doesn't have anything else that's worth keeping the good players/teams at the moment. Changing the balance of the rarity of a item such as Gizmo might do more harm then good for the population of spvp. That's my ONLY concern about the aspect of gizmo being an items to grab and titles being given out with the name of "god" in it.

@zoopop.5630 said:

Why do people want some sort of gizmo that isn't going to be fancy or legendary status?

Again, Feels like some of ya'll just want more flashy items no real reason. I'll probably never get 1 but I don't want to see cheap versions of gizmo flying around Spvp because everyone else wants to feel "special".

The game mode doesn't have anything else that's worth keeping the good players/teams at the moment. Changing the balance of the rarity of a item such as Gizmo might do more harm then good for the population of spvp. That's my ONLY concern about the aspect of gizmo being an items to grab and titles being given out with the name of "god" in it.

I mean...gizmos aren't exclusive as an item type already. I got my Halo Gizmo front black lion statues.

The idea is more of a personal achievement thing rather than a prestige symbol. At the moment, there are basically no reward tracks in PvP of any significance and nothing to encourage improved gameplay. The mode will only degrade further.

Ranked and seasons as it stands today are already a grind and a complete joke and ATs/mATs are deadzones because nobody is competitive.

The number or wins needs to be high in order to overwhelm manipulation of the track. I basically can't imagine any scenario where a player wins 500 matches on a class and FAILS to git gud.

That being said, maybe it needs to be beyond a threshhold for losses as well. I'll edit my original post.

• ArenaNet Staff

One note about the tournament gizmo type rewards. One of the reasons we are able to do such a "noisy" reward is because the availability of these rewards is exceptionally exclusive. The number of people who get access to the tournament gizmos every month is 20 in the world, including China. If they became available to everyone just from grinding, even if it was for a very long grind, the fx would probably be somewhat unbearable.

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:One note about the tournament gizmo type rewards. One of the reasons we are able to do such a "noisy" reward is because the availability of these rewards is exceptionally exclusive. The number of people who get access to the tournament gizmos every month is 20 in the world, including China. If they became available to everyone just from grinding, even if it was for a very long grind, the fx would probably be somewhat unbearable.

Whoever designed the SAB chair apparently didn't get the memo.Seriously though, thanks for sharing the dev PoV on the topic. It is appreciated.

@Vague Memory.2817 said:Sounds like very specific requirements. Let me guess you and your friend have already fulfilled them and therefore get automatically rewarded if your system was introduced?

Well yes, I wrote in the post that we have it. The point is to encourage players to get better at the mode and to play more classes. It's never going to happen imo with the current state of reward tracks.