Skyscale flight bug?

Anyone else had any issues with not getting credit for the first part of skyscale flight achievment? I'm completely locked out and have tried relogging to different toons, and even rebuilding the client just in case there were some bad files. Anyone else had the issue and managed to get around it?

@"HazyDaisy.4107" said:When you spoke to Gorrik, was it on the ledge in North Jahai or in SR? And if it was on the ledge, after you spoke to him, did you happen to notice a SS "loaner" circle slightly to the south of him on the ledge?

Yep, but i got use my skyscale immediatly after finishing the saddle as it appeared next ot me, so i went with that straight to the reality tear, Maybe It was that thing which triggered the bug?

@"Rukario.1695" said:Can you elaborate on what you did right before you determined you could no longer progress?

I finished up the skyscale saddle, the mount appeared next to me and i was able to fly to the reality tear which i "investigated" by hovering close to it. After that the collection unlocked but i did not get credit for the part in Jahai Bluffs. The rest of the reality tear were no problem finishing.

So JB is the only 1 of the 28 Tears missing?

No, I didn't experience that or any other bugs, and I did the collection on 3 accounts, sounds as if you caught the odd bug.

CS is a good step, but in the meantime, did you try going back to just that 1 rift, skip Gorrik and just try redoing the rift with the loaner SS or is everything (SS and Gorrik) gone now?

Just as a note, I finished one account a week before the other 2 accounts, and when I got to this part on the last 2 accounts, the SS that I used to investigate the JB rifts seemed to appear in a different location than it did a week prior on the first account.

In fact I'd almost swear I remember that 1st accounts SS popping up right beside me just like you described yours as doing. But the other accounts, there was the loaner circle just slightly to the south of Gorrik, I didn't see the icon on the mini map, I just noticed it when I started wandering around that ledge.

@IvarEriksson.2498 said:

@"Rukario.1695" said:Can you elaborate on what you did right before you determined you could no longer progress?

I finished up the skyscale saddle, the mount appeared next to me and i was able to fly to the reality tear which i "investigated" by hovering close to it. After that the collection unlocked but i did not get credit for the part in Jahai Bluffs. The rest of the reality tear were no problem finishing.

Are you certain you completed the Jahai Bluffs one? Sometimes the Reality Tears fail to finish after you reach the end. A way around this is to repeat it again one or two times and it should finish eventually after you hit the end of the trail, like it normally should. The other idea is that you reached the one and finished it but it only progressed that part of the questline, however you may have to do another one in the same map. It's been a little while so I can't remember if I had to do a second one in the map or not.

@Rukario.1695 said:

@Rukario.1695 said:Can you elaborate on what you did right before you determined you could no longer progress?

Are you certain you completed the Jahai Bluffs one? Sometimes the Reality Tears fail to finish after you reach the end. A way around this is to repeat it again one or two times and it should finish eventually after you hit the end of the trail, like it normally should. The other idea is that you reached the one and finished it but it only progressed that part of the questline, however you may have to do another one in the same map. It's been a little while so I can't remember if I had to do a second one in the map or not.

If memory serves, JB is the only map that had just 1 rift option for SS Flight.

My guess (as uneducated as it may be) is that Anet changed something with the transition between the end of A Lesson in Flying and the beginning of SS Flight in the last week, and you OP in a weird sense of timing got caught in the midst of that transistion.

Go back to that cliff and see if the rift and the SS loaner circle are still there and try again, and if they are not there look for another SS Loaner icon, if none of these things exist, wait patiently for CS and hopefully it's a simple fix and not a's drastic as a full achievement reset.

I've been trying to find another SS loaner circle in JB and it seems there is one more, but when i go towards it i end up and Gorriks position. I've been back several times trying to investigate the tear but nothing happens when i hover close to it... I guess i just have to wait for the support team to help me out. Might have been the change HazyDaisy wrote about that messed up the collection for me :)

Skyscale Rider / Ruler of the Sky achievements got deleted without any notice around that time and that may actually create that bug. Atm you can fly in them rifts for those achievements with own skyscale and nothing will happen. (Apart from some volatile magic spawning on 1st one). Thinking back I think the 1st unlock of this achieve I got in Jahai (where i started your chain) and this count got deleted fully too (its not even in historical achieves). As if its perm deleted... Ofc no word from Anet about these achievements... The system used between your collect and these achievements were same...

@"Rauderi.8706" said:I'm having the same issue. I can mount the Skyscale from the loan point, but there is no way to trigger the "investigate" part.

Hello again! Seems there actually is another reality tear north of Venta pass wp. So no need to do the one close to Gorrik. Because of the collection marker colour i did not even see it against the map terrain. The reality tear is a bit north-east of the WP. Hope this is some kind of help to anyone having the same issue as me. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...