ArenaNet at E3 2019

@Donari.5237 said:

@PyrateSilly.4710 said:It looks like the space they have is again in the meeting rooms area. I dropped coffee candy off to them last year :) Thou I did have quite a few stop to ask me where I got the Guild Wars 2 lanyard from and where were they so they could get one. Had to disappoint them as I had gotten it from the party they had in Seattle that I went to. I will again be the one walking around with a Guild Wars 2 lanyard on, lol.

PS is right, guys, be careful about getting too giddy. More than once they've been at E3 just to have business meetings, no formal public interaction at all. It seems very unlikely they will be doing any sort of announcement.

This. A lot of companies attend to hold meetings with distribution and other partners as well.

whats the date for this?E3 2019 Conference Schedule: Dates and TimesEA Play Live Stream: Saturday, June 8 - 12:15 PM ET.Microsoft: Sunday, June 9 - 4:00 PM ET.Bethesda: Sunday, June 9 - 8:30 PM ET.Devolver Digital: Sunday, June 9 - 10:00 PM ET.PC Gaming Show: Monday, June 10 - 1:00 PM ET.Ubisoft: Monday, June 10 - 4:00 PM ET.

As far as I recall, every time ArenaNet has had anything to announce at a convention, we've had advance warning on the website, social media etc. Crickets for this one, so I'm not expecting anything.

...and that's okay. We're between two living world seasons, what of importance would there be to announce? Expansion 3 is almost certainly over a year away.

Are they planning on milking GW2 with minor updates, like these world boss events etc, living story every 3 months, gem store items? The living story will unlock the map of Tyria. Perhaps Cantha or another continent in 5+ years.

As long as a future expansion cant give us something huge and mindbreaking I assume thats how it is. HoT gave us mastery system, glider, mushroom bouncing etc and raids. PoF gave us mounts and Balthazar. Nothing left for a new expansion than a new continent like Cantha, which would take many years to produce. 5-6 years. Same size as original GW2.

@Zoid.2568 said:Are they planning on milking GW2 with minor updates, like these world boss events etc, living story every 3 months, gem store items? The living story will unlock the map of Tyria. Perhaps Cantha or another continent in 5+ years.

As long as a future expansion cant give us something huge and mindbreaking I assume thats how it is. HoT gave us mastery system, glider, mushroom bouncing etc and raids. PoF gave us mounts and Balthazar. Nothing left for a new expansion than a new continent like Cantha, which would take many years to produce. 5-6 years. Same size as original GW2.

I'm sure some people would like player housing. There's always naval battles or underwater expansions, which could open up entirely new things we haven't even thought about. It's just not so easy to say everything that can be done has been done.

@Vayne.8563 said:

@Zoid.2568 said:Are they planning on milking GW2 with minor updates, like these world boss events etc, living story every 3 months, gem store items? The living story will unlock the map of Tyria. Perhaps Cantha or another continent in 5+ years.

I'm sure some people would like player housing. There's always naval battles or underwater expansions, which could open up entirely new things we haven't even thought about. It's just not so easy to say everything that can be done has been done.

Of course naval battles and such can be done, but not in Tyria as it is now. I would assume that another continent could unlock naval combat, as we would need to take a ship across the ocean. So Cantha or another continent in 5-6 years. No expansion before that.

We have personal housing. Our home instance and also Sun's Refuge. Improving on those two does not really need an expansion. The living story can do it.

@Zoid.2568 said:

Of course naval battles and such can be done, but not in Tyria as it is now. I would assume that another continent could unlock naval combat, as we would need to take a ship across the ocean. So Cantha or another continent in 5-6 years. No expansion before that.

We have personal housing. Our home instance and also Sun's Refuge. Improving on those two does not really need an expansion. The living story can do it.

Sorry but neither the home instance or Sun's Refuge is personal housing. And yes, that is expansion territory for an awful lot of people.

@Vayne.8563 said:

Sorry but neither the home instance or Sun's Refuge is personal housing. And yes, that is expansion territory for an awful lot of people.

You're not going to see personal housing in an expansion. They will improve it with the living story. Trust me.

Regardless of this Cantha hate, I am hungry to know this games future more than the road map we got. Yes i'm greedy.
I would love season 5 to lead into an expansion. I don't actually care where but Cantha to me would be a big bonus. If season 5 was cantha it would be a big bonus.Just to have an expansion would be a bonus.

My take on E3 this year compared to last year.I could tell that more than just Sony was missing. It was still a good show with lots to see and try. Over the 3 days I walked a total of about 40,000 steps (and believe it or not I did sit down a few times for at least 30 mins each to rest) ... today was less than 3,000. Resting time!I will say that I still have yet to find a VR headset I can wear with glasses and not have my nose get crushed/cut. No I did not see any AreaNet/GW/NCSoft employees walking around any of the 3 days. They had a guard at the door for the meeting rooms most of the time so there was no just walking around inside like last year :)Lots of things that were shown/demoed were of the 'do not take pics/videos of this' variety. I did have some videos and pics taken of some stuff and am putting it all into one video and will post it maybe tomorrow. Not a fancy video mind you as I am not a professional at all :) Got a lot of free stuff which I am giving to some gamers I know, most notably my granddaughter as yes she is very much a gamer nerd, lol.From what I understand there was a youtuber person that got ejected for live streaming ... from the bathroom