Deleted characters and birthdays

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

Looking at the wiki page, I see items listed as "Gift contents," and those listed as "One-time account rewards." If what the OP is suggesting is that in order to get the one-time account rewards, one would need an
account
of that age, whereas to get the Gift contents items, one would have to have a
character
of that age, then I wouldn't have an issue. I
think
that's what he wants, but there was one mention of "scrolls," which fall under Gift contents.

Allowing the OP and those in his shoes access to the one-time account rewards does not take anything away from players who've kept all their characters. I don't like the idea of ANet restricting the gift contents rewards that are not currently once-per-account (e.g., dye kits). That would be removing an existing benefit that having kept multiple characters currently offers. More inclusiveness, to my mind, is fine, but less, in the form of taking away a benefit never goes over well.

Are you sure the "One-time account rewards" means only once per account regardless of how many characters you have that reach that age? I'm pretty sure I got more than one of the Triumphant Dye kits on my 6 year old characters...but then I could be wrong too(thought I sold that second Permafrost dye I took).

The dye kit is not under the once per account rewards, so you should definitely get 1 for each character. Can't have sold them though, since they are accountbound. Check the link again people, its pretty clear which is the gift content all characters get and which is only once.

So what it really boils down to is making the ACHIEVEMENT tied to account age(HEY you've played GUILD WARS 2 for xx years! AWESOME!) and give the unique awards through that(which is already done, just through character reaching that age) and nothing else at all changing.

This sounds pretty reasonable, unless you fall into the camps of people who actually enjoy denying folks other things. You know the ones. I did it this way, I had to suffer(presumably by buying additional slots and/or not deleting that character they made on account-open-day and named it something silly) so in order to get the shinies you have to suffer too. Or better yet, not get them at all since then my shiny will be even MORE exclusive.

To my embarrassment, I was once one of those. Back in SWTOR they released an anniversary gift(account not character) and it was only up that DAY. Well, after some outcry, the next anniversary, they put out a vendor where you could get all the past years gifts if you hadn't yet gotten them. BOY was I angry and upset. MY SPECIAL something was no longer special because everyone was able to get it. Eventually I realized I was behaving in a less than mature manner, and y'know, that was actually a pretty cool thing SWTOR did.

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi everyone,

This discussion thread has turned sour, with many 1-to-1 discussions that are unproductive back-and-forth, coupled with posts that are going to be moderated, once I've closed this thread. While we allow discussions on a wide range of topics, we do not want debates where participants are not respectful of each other.

I invite everyone to please be respectful in the way you phrase your questions and answers, both to us and to fellow players. If you're not sure what is allowed or not on the forums, check out the Code of Conduct.

Thank you.