Mystic coins price is out of control

They are 1.49G insta buy 1.42G buy order and constantly going up with no decline in sight.

Can you please add more ways to get this item? It's making legendaries more expensive to make and the only unfarmable item for legendaries in the game.

It makes it very unfun to make legendaries when this items price is high.

edit: fixed silver to gold

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just log in often enough and you'll get the amount you need eventually for FREE, no gold or gems required, the only thing required from you is to spare 2 mins to log in each day.Or you can buy them from TP due to get them quicker but just like every other item in high demand it will cost you.And then there are the other ways you can get them as others have already mentioned. Eitherway at least you get a choice, not sure why this is even an issue.

@Shiyo.3578 said:They are 1.49s insta buy 1.42s buy order and constantly going up with no decline in sight.

Can you please add more ways to get this item? It's making legendaries more expensive to make and the only unfarmable item for legendaries in the game.

It makes it very unfun to make legendaries when this items price is high.

It’s true they’re costing more now than they have in a while, but the price fluctuates over time and they have been this expensive before. It is odd that the price is increasing now rather than when Exordium released. I guess people used up their stockpiles and haven’t had a chance to replenish?

Besides log in rewards, Mystic Coins are also an occasional drop in fractals (tiers 2-4 and more frequently from 99 and 100 CM) and when the Mystic Forge is a daily. As has been mentioned, there is also a Ley-Line Anomaly daily that rewards one.

This complaint doesn't make sense ... MC prices are controlled by market demand and supply. If you think they are too expensive because you want to buy them, there are people that think they are too cheap because they want to sell them. The price on the market is a balance between those ... it couldn't be any MORE under control than it already is.

@Obtena.7952 said:This complaint doesn't make sense ... MC prices are controlled by market demand and supply. If you think they are too expensive because you want to buy them, there are people that think they are too cheap because they want to sell them. The price on the market is a balance between those ... it couldn't be any MORE under control than it already is.

^^^ This.

If you're making a legendary my advice is to leave the parts which need Mystic Coins until last. (Same for other things you can buy but could also get from login rewards/playing.) There's no point in buying them from the TP to get it done sooner, then finding you spend enough time on other stuff that you're getting more Mystic Coins from login rewards. Of course you can sell those ones to fund other stuff, but you're still losing money to the TP fees.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Almost like a new legendary released that requires at least 350 of them.The price went down when exordium released, required 500.

It's possible that a lot of people had been saving them for the legendary greatsword and enough of them sold their stockpiles at the same time that it actually exceeded demand. Especially if some of those selling them were people who had been planning to make the new legendary who then decided they didn't like it.

I didn't think of it when the new legendary was released but I did consider selling some of the mystic coins I have saved up when I saw this topic. But I'm planning to make the Claw of the Khan-Ur at some point soon (although it's been bumped back to after I get the skyscale) so I supposed I'd better save them, at least until I know how many I'll need.

The only consistent and guaranteed way to get them is log in rewards (I think it's 20 every 28 days) and one a day from ley-line anomaly.It's very frustrating that they are so heavily gated when you need so many of them.

The mystic clover crafting is not a way to get them, you will generally have a net loss of mystic coins if you are crafting mystic clovers.They are common from nightmare and shattered observatory challenge modes. And there is a chance from the fractal daily chests as well.If you PvP you can get them from tournaments, but that also requires getting a certain rank

So if you really wanted to try and get them as fast as possible the easiest way would be to keep logging in every day and do daily anomaly and fractals.

@Shiyo.3578 said:Raid sellers take mystic coins as a form of payment and prefer it over gold.

Mystic Coins are the federal gold reserve of GW2. Their value doesn't fluctuate much and is likely to go up, whereas buying power of raw gold may go down over time. There are also many people who don't have large amounts of liquid gold but have a lot of coins. But you should explain what your sentence exactly means. Is it a judgment? Are you saying that is a negative thing?

@Obtena.7952 said:This complaint doesn't make sense ... MC prices are controlled by market demand and supply. If you think they are too expensive because you want to buy them, there are people that think they are too cheap because they want to sell them. The price on the market is a balance between those ... it couldn't be any MORE under control than it already is.

Idk, I wouldn't consider it absolute but yeah anet's control over the supply and demand is certainly sufficient to fit under the commonly accepted definition of the term . . .

my other problem with the complaint ...

What has the OP been doing with all the MC's that have been raining on him for the last few years from log in rewards? It's not like anyone should be starting with zero MC's here. Frankly, it sounds like a thinly veiled complaint that he sold them cheap and now needs them and they are more expensive.

@Shiyo.3578 said:Raid sellers take mystic coins as a form of payment and prefer it over gold.

and? What's your point? That doesn't mean they are too expensive.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"Hashberry.4510" said:Need some items that will not rapidly deflate. You may know you can at least get one per day from the ley line anomaly. Good luck.

Only 500 days for a single gen2 or gen 2.5.

That "1 coin a day" reward does not exist in a vacuum.

Wiki says ~481 coins required for Gen 2. Astralaria requires 484. There's some variation between weapons, so I'll assume you're rounding. If you are logging in for the ley line event each day, you'll get another 20 MC's per month from login rewards. That's an average of 50 MC's per month for logging in and doing one event. That's ~300 days, not ~500. Daily Mystic Forger awards 1, and is available at least once a month. That's down to ~290 days assuming you don't buy any -- not ~500.

I get it. You don't want to "grind" for as much gold as it would take to buy MC's so you get can a weapon in a time frame you consider acceptable. It's your prerogative to complain about it. However, accuracy in presenting what would be involved in getting enough coins without farming gold is better than inflating the time required by over 40%.

Would the game be better if there were less grind for optional stuff? Maybe. It might also be less populated, which would mean less revenue. Like it or not, ANet (like every MMO design studio I've seen) uses reward carrots to extend the life of their game. Legendary items are the ultimate carrot for this game.

edit: as pointed out by @Diak Atoli.2085 a page or so on, the daily login cycle is 28 days, not 30.

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:Would the game be better if there were less grind for optional stuff? Maybe. It might also be less populated, which would mean less revenue. Like it or not, ANet (like every MMO design studio I've seen) uses reward carrots to extend the life of their game. Legendary items are the ultimate carrot for this game.

I would say that's especially true in GW2 where the vast majority of rewards are optional.

If I only worried about things I actually need to progress I wouldn't have gotten anything new for my main character since about May 2013, since I don't do high level raids so I don't even need ascended armour and weapons and I could have kept using the same stat combination I picked when she first got to level 80.

@Obtena.7952 said:my other problem with the complaint ...

What has the OP been doing with all the MC's that have been raining on him for the last few years from log in rewards? It's not like anyone should be starting with zero MC's here. Frankly, it sounds like a thinly veiled complaint that he sold them cheap and now needs them and they are more expensive.

@"Shiyo.3578" said:Raid sellers take mystic coins as a form of payment and prefer it over gold.

and? What's your point? That doesn't mean they are too expensive.

Lol.. they might rain on us, but they are soon washed away if your wanting to craft leggies, do guild upgrades and other things in game that might use them.Supply of MC's has always, been and always will be, outstripped by the demand based on the very high requirements of those items that use them.As for expensive.. perhaps they are expensive to the OP, but sure the price is very much controlled by the market, but the supply and demand are such that it keeps players having a reason to login as often as possible or whip out a credit card to buy gems to convert in order to use the TP MC pool.BTW, your "thinly veiled, OP sold cheap not fair has to buy high" synopsis of this thread is nothing more than a cheap shot at the OP and has no place in the thread.. sure counter the OP but no need to make up wild accusation like that imo.