need help for renegade build

I recently made a Revenant and am playing Renegade but have yet to try it out in PvP. I use it in PvE and have done some WvW with it using Rune or Torment for sustain and it does "alright". You cannot use these runes in PvP though so ... yeah ... back to the drawing board.I would suggest playing around with some builds. It seem to be the Renegade is very underwhelming in PvP but you can probably make a build that works (I know I am going to try). Will it be an amazing build that takes you to platinum? Probably not.

I would probably do something along these lines:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJAVmnXMvNSum7JRZzVlst5rSY3cWJ4beskFUl6PETxXUtC+gSINAOgEA-jJh/gAAXAAv9HEfAAdlBAAReasoning - Condi build obviously. If you go Power, you may as well play Herald. Mainly intended for teamfighting with Shortbow and Renegade Spirits, sustain coming from mobility of Staff/Shiro. Decent point to point mobility so you can do +1's as well even if condi is a bit inefficient for that. Boon rip from Corruption and some re-sustainability from Retribution which also gives you Weakness uptime on your CC's.

There actually is a "meta" for Renegade, for as much as you can consider it meta... It was used to get an EU player to top 1 in the leaderboards a few seasons ago, and has seen some buffs. It is a very not-new friendly build though, so beware.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJAVmnXMvNSum7JRZzVlst5rSY3cWJ4beskFZlSNAWgH4vBvwOkNGyhfA-jZxHABKfEAuuMwY7PA/DAAgLBAA

The build sent above is from the person that got into the Top 1 position - Amulet can be menders, marauder's, celestial or avatar. It is a teamfighter/bruiser that can 1v1 under certain circumstances.

Good luck!

Renegade is gonna be awfully hard to play. It has nothing of the usual kit you'd expect for a PvP friendly class, in the sense of also being tractable to newbies and people who are not aware of every safe map spot and conditional positioning. But if you must, in general be sure to take Staff+shortbow and to partake mostly in teamfights. I'd take Shiro for mobility so that you can join in teamfights, wreak havoc, and leave immediately after being focused (similar to ranger but with godly AoE instead of single player focus, and much much less survivability). You can probably be a stone in their shoes and even help your team for real if you have a bunker, but I'd avoid 1vs1 and catching up outside of point unless you know the map well enough to rinse and repeat from battle.

EDIT: since you mention revenant in general inside the actual post, if Herald is on the table, do try it first.

The big problem with renegade right now is that even core rev is better than it. This is because Renegade traits just don't give enough useful stats for PvP, and ancient echo is a more versatile skill than renegades f2-f4 combined.

Renegades only good thing is it has lots of might stacks. That's really it. It seriously lacks sustain.

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:This is because Renegade traits just don't give enough useful stats for PvP.

Renegades only good thing is it has lots of might stacks. That's really it. It seriously lacks sustain.

Wow, out opinions on the class sure differ greatly.

In reply to our original post;https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Renegade_-_Kallas_Mender

The Renegade build above takes a bit of getting used to but I've realized a good way to train newbies on how to play the build;

STEP 1: Go into the heart of the mistsSTEP 2: Travel to where the 4 NPCS and the Lord of Legend of the Silent Storm are right next to the Siege Training Waypoint.STEP 3: Fight till you die.STEP 4: Keep fighting until you know you're so good at beating these guys, they don't pose a threat to you anymore.STEP 5: Profit.

That's what I did way back when to learn how to play Engie well. I love tough classes myself. Hope you have fun practicing if you do take my advice.

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:Please don’t play Renegade in Ranked PvP. Unless you really don’t care about winning. And if you don’t care about winning, you should really stay in Unranked PvP then.

You will get a lot of Salt and angry whispers. From me and most players all season long.

Renegade is not as bad as everybody says. It just gets outperformed by other teamfighters, but a good renegade can contribute quite well.

@Dirame.8521 said:

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:This is because Renegade traits just don't give enough useful stats for PvP.

Wow, out opinions on the class sure differ greatly.

In reply to our original post;

The Renegade build above takes a bit of getting used to but I've realized a good way to train newbies on how to play the build;

STEP 1: Go into the heart of the mistsSTEP 2: Travel to where the 4 NPCS and the Lord of Legend of the Silent Storm are right next to the Siege Training Waypoint.STEP 3: Fight till you die.STEP 4: Keep fighting until you know you're so good at beating these guys, they don't pose a threat to you anymore.STEP 5: Profit.

That's what I did way back when to learn how to play Engie well. I love tough classes myself. Hope you have fun practicing if you do take my advice.

1. That build sacrifices everything to have sustain. Builds like Holosmith have similar sustain without having to run menders jank.
  2. Anyone can kill those NPCs my dude it's not a benchmark for anything.

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

In reply to our original post;

1. That build sacrifices everything to have sustain. Builds like Holosmith have similar sustain without having to run menders jank.
  2. Anyone can kill those NPCs my dude it's not a benchmark for anything.

I guess it depends on how you think. If you can kill the NPCs without dieing, it means a list of things;

• Your build has good AoE
  • your build has good sustain
  • You as a player know who to focus first
  • Your build has good AOE CC
  • and if you beat them without breaking a sweat, your build may be OP

If you think it isn't a benchmark, then that's just like... your opinion man.

I've used it to test many a build and I can assure you, if your build doesn't work there, it won't work anywhere.

And as with regards to the Renegade build.... well.... I guess I'll just let M A S E keep proving everyone wrong then.

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:Please don’t play Renegade in Ranked PvP. Unless you really don’t care about winning. And if you don’t care about winning, you should really stay in Unranked PvP then.

You will get a lot of Salt and angry whispers. From me and most players all season long.

Only if they start to put pips in unranked. Also weak players will stay in silver, so they won't bother you too much.

It's really not that bad. Not super-viable for high tiers obviously but it's a fun teamfighter spec until like high gold to low platinum levels of play.

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:Oh boy....Everyone who have ever played necromancer in pvp have left the chat

This is not PvE. Necro is middle of the pack.

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

@Yannir.4132 said:This is not PvE. Necro is middle of the pack.

Name 2 serious specs weaker than necro.

At what? There's no one stronger than a necro when it comes to damage carry builds.

Necro is not a sidenoding class, if that's what you're getting at, and trying to play it as one will only lead to disappointments. I mean beating warriors is easy enough but anything that relies on evasion as its primary method of avoiding damage will rip you another one pretty fast.

@Yannir.4132 said:At what? There's no one stronger than a necro when it comes to damage carry builds.

2H berserker does more damage than any necro.Soulbeast does more damage than any necro.Core guardian (my main) does more damage than any necro.Power dragonhunter does more damage than any necro.Holosmith does more damage than any necro.Any mesmer does more damage than any necro.Power revenant does more damage than any necro.Deadeye does more single target damage than any necro.Majority of classes does more damage than necro in pvp.Who have told you that necro deals at least decent damage?

Also, during team fights necro can't even do anything as it have no blocks and no evasion, so it is instantly focused and instantly killed.

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

@Yannir.4132 said:At what? There's no one stronger than a necro when it comes to damage carry builds.

2H berserker does more damage than any necro.Soulbeast does more damage than any necro.Core guardian (my main) does more damage than any necro.Power dragonhunter does more damage than any necro.Holosmith does more damage than any necro.Any mesmer does more damage than any necro.Power revenant does more damage than any necro.Deadeye does more single target damage than any necro.Majority of classes does more damage than necro in pvp.Who have told you that necro deals at least decent damage?

Also, during team fights necro can't even do anything as it have no blocks and no evasion, so it is instantly focused and instantly killed.Dude, what are you smoking?