DH with a longbow I think is the worst spec weapon in game. I'm speaking with experience as I main DH bow build both in pve and pvp. The damage is clearly underwhelming (Except for the second skill) and the range is weird, one skill has 1500 and the rest 1200? Since there aren't many specs with Longbow as a weapon I'm gonna compare this to a suitable rival i.e Ranger with long bow. I'm gonna compare all 5 skills side by side so lets get down to it:
1. Auto attack: Ranger's auto attack gains damage as the distance grows, DH has that too with "Pure of sight trait" Additionally DH's arrows bounce so that's good but the range is 300m less compared to ranger.
2. Second skill: Trueshot, is a single hit skill with good range but very predictable animation and very likely to miss your target in PVP. Ranger's rapid fire is a 12 hit skill with vulnerability add-on in every hit. 12 hits means you are guaranteed to land something and get the conditions on your target unlike trueshot, granted the cooldown makes up for it but even then a successful hit despite being a crit wont hit more than 4k with around 1-5 might or less which is pretty bad.
3. Third skill: Deflecting shot, Cast time is the same as ranger (instant) Skill animation is very obvious (yes its cool), projectile speed is terrible AND you have to manually aim it unlike ranger which is a simple lock on and fire. The projectile block is good I guess but its hard to use it that way because it has no tracking and in pvp no range class is gonna fire at you while standing still. Oh the range is inferior too.
4. Fourth Skill: Symbol of energy, Symbol skill is good as it follows the guardian theme but why vigor?? If I'm using a bow to hit my targets I'm gonna be far from them, How does the vigor help me at all? am I supposed to fire it on my feet? if so then why give it any damage? Oh and range is inferior too.
5. Fifth skill: Hunter's ward, Great skill for pvp, the chain's look gorgeous and the sound effects are lovely. Damage is ok so no complaints there BUT the range and cooldown make it a serious pain to use not to mention you have to channel it all the way to make use of the rings which is dangerous and can be easily interrupted in pvp. Ranger has a better CD on 5th skill along with lots of cripple and ok cool down which can be reduced via traits. DH LB cannot do that because there are no traits for it.
In conclusion DH bow has 0 value in pve (Sceptre outclasses it in terms of damage) and its only good for shooting from a safe distance which is again inferior to ranger or deadeye. Only reason I use it because I like the blue arrows and the fact I have Pharus. And what synergy do ground based traps share with LB? Maybe you can use it to create a protection area in pvp where players cannot charge at you recklessly but even then most builds only use one trap(test of faith) because rest are very easy to dodge or negate completely, I mean apart from the initial damage test of faith is also useless because you can simply dodge out of it or stand inside. Hell even the elite skill dragon maw can be cheesed with a single stability boon making the barrier useless. I guess traps weren't meant to nuke so that's fine but at least give them some form of damage overtime or hard cc? make them punishable for players who trigger it. But seriously give us some speed/range/trait for Longbow DH. Make it at least decent and an alternative option to other range guardian weapons. Thank you for reading this far.