Should Downed Skills Be Interruptable?

Equinox.1463

In PvP specifically, downed skills can be very punishing to glassier builds (not what I run, to be honest, but it's a fact).Should downed bodies be able to dazes and stuns? Necromancer's downed 1 ability especially hits for half your HP (exaggerating) when you're a glass cannon or a bruiser/roamer.It would make, though, for less interactive playstyles when you are downed, because you wouldn't be able to do much (which you are alrady not able to do if left to bleed out).

Cast your votes!

Yes but a very select few of them should probably not be.Hammer toss, vapor form, Fear, and the other slow, stally ones should not be interruptible.The skills that allow someone to get back into a fight like vengeance, lick wounds and the like definitely should be.

That being said, they're mostly good as they are now. you can interrupt most key downed skills as they stand with certain ccs.

@DigiQWill.6378 said:In PvP specifically, downed skills can be very punishing to glassier builds (not what I run, to be honest, but it's a fact).Should downed bodies be able to dazes and stuns? Necromancer's downed 1 ability especially hits for half your HP (exaggerating) when you're a glass cannon or a bruiser/roamer.It would make, though, for less interactive playstyles when you are downed, because you wouldn't be able to do much (which you are alrady not able to do if left to bleed out).

Cast your votes!

Lol they are

@Faux Play.6104 said:

@DigiQWill.6378 said:In PvP specifically, downed skills can be very punishing to glassier builds (not what I run, to be honest, but it's a fact).Should downed bodies be able to dazes and stuns? Necromancer's downed 1 ability especially hits for half your HP (exaggerating) when you're a glass cannon or a bruiser/roamer.It would make, though, for less interactive playstyles when you are downed, because you wouldn't be able to do much (which you are alrady not able to do if left to bleed out).

Cast your votes!

Lol they are

I don't know about that. Dazes/stuns aren't effective, same with pulls and floats. You specifically need a launch CC, as knockbacks aren't working either. At least I think.

@DigiQWill.6378 said:

Cast your votes!

Lol they are

I don't know about that. Dazes/stuns aren't effective, same with pulls and floats. You specifically need a launch CC, as knockbacks aren't working either. At least I think.

Maybe you need to be more specific. Stuns work. Try it on something like the necros downed channel. Knockdown doesn't but that makes sense to me. Blinds, weakness, taunt, and chills are also effective.

Downstate skills were not interruptable (except for cc that moves the downed body like guardian hammer knockback), only show the interrupt symbol and proc interrupt traits but lately i even got a 15 secs powerblock cd on one of my downstate skills (not autoattack). Maybe there is something bugging atm?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:They already are interruptable. Only certain CC skills can interrupt them: launches and floats.

Dazes work too.. I quite often use daze to stop a Guards knockback while stomping.Sounds like bull*ht tbh. Pretty sure nothing except launch stop it (not sure about float because how exclusive this CC is)

@"bravan.3876" said:Downstate skills were not interruptable (except for cc that moves the downed body like guardian hammer knockback), only show the interrupt symbol and proc interrupt traits but lately i even got a 15 secs powerblock cd on one of my downstate skills (not autoattack). Maybe there is something bugging atm?As it was written before, you get "interrupted" but nothing really happen, powerblock is triggered because you CAN be interrupted but .... not really interrpted....so its proc'd 15s cd...if this makes sense to you

@praqtos.9035 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:They already are interruptable. Only certain CC skills can interrupt them: launches and floats.

Dazes work too.. I quite often use daze to stop a Guards knockback while stomping.Sounds like bull*ht tbh. Pretty sure nothing except launch stop it (not sure about float because how exclusive this CC is)

@"bravan.3876" said:Downstate skills were not interruptable (except for cc that moves the downed body like guardian hammer knockback), only show the interrupt symbol and proc interrupt traits but lately i even got a 15 secs powerblock cd on one of my downstate skills (not autoattack). Maybe there is something bugging atm?As it was written before, you get "interrupted" but nothing really happen, powerblock is triggered because you CAN be interrupted but .... not really interrpted....so its proc'd 15s cd...if this makes sense to you

Not sure, it never happend before, that i got a powerblock cd on a downstate skill. Also the skill did get interrupted, means it didnt do what it would do without interrupt. It felt weird but maybe i was just lucky before to never get a downstate skill interrupted like that incl a powerblock cd.

@praqtos.9035 said:

Best way to see it for yourself is to be a Mesmer and use F3 on a downed Guard..It will stop the guards down 2 skill and secure a stomp.

Have been doing this since game release.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Best way to see it for yourself is to be a Mesmer and use F3 on a downed Guard..It will stop the guards down 2 skill and secure a stomp.

Have been doing this since game release.Then you are hella delusional if you really do it since release, it did not interrupt dowend skill, neither guardian,neither warrior, doesnt do sht to anyone or anything.Dazes,stuns,knockdowns never interrupted downed skills,they could say "INTERRUPTED" but never have any effect,except triggring "on interrurpt" traits.You know, before making X wrong claim and state it does work since release,just waste 1 minute to test it

@praqtos.9035 said:

Have been doing this since game release.Then you are hella delusional if you really do it since release, it did not interrupt dowend skill, neither guardian,neither warrior, doesnt do kitten to anyone or anything.

It works fine for me.

I dont appreciate your slander either as a head up, Im just sharing what I know to be true from experience.

I could go in to more detail and explain that Daze shatters work on downs but not mantra dazes, but my point was centered around F3.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Have been doing this since game release.Then you are hella delusional if you really do it since release, it did not interrupt dowend skill, neither guardian,neither warrior, doesnt do kitten to anyone or anything.

It works fine for me.

I dont appreciate your slander either as a head up, Im just sharing what I know to be true from experience.

I could go in to more detail and explain that Daze shatters work on downs but not mantra dazes, but my point was centered around F3.As I said before, before making ridiculous wrong claim = test it yourself as you are wrong.Before making MY post I did test it with guardian F3 and warrior hammer toss, your "experience" doesnt match neither MY own experience or my tests

@praqtos.9035 said:

It works fine for me.

I could go in to more detail and explain that Daze shatters work on downs but not mantra dazes, but my point was centered around F3.As I said before, before making ridiculous wrong claim = test it yourself as you are wrong.Before making MY post I did test it with guardian F3 and warrior hammer toss, your "experience" doesnt match neither MY own experience or my tests

Well im sorry that's the case for you but for me it has worked just fine for 6 years.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

It works fine for me.

Well im sorry that's the case for you but for me it has worked just fine for 6 years.It never did work on downedstate skills, you never could interrupt it with anything but launch. Want me to post a screenshot where I used f3 into his knock and I still got pushed back? xDI have feeling like you had an old blind shatter trait, when any shatter blinded,so you might think its actually did work :joy:

@praqtos.9035 said:

It works fine for me.

Well im sorry that's the case for you but for me it has worked just fine for 6 years.It never did work on downedstate skills, you never could interrupt it with anything but launch. Want me to post a screenshot where I used f3 into his knock and I still got pushed back? xD

I dont need a screenshot. Ive got 6 years of seeing it happen.

I already hinted in a previous post that not all dazes work too. For all we know there could be a weird interaction with traits such as powerblock or lost time, same issue Berserker currently has with a certain trait set up boosting rampage toughness by over 1k.

YES GOD YES. Not just interruptible, I want ALL CC to work on downed enemies. I think Daze in particular has no effect? It's so freaking annoying to get an already challenging player barely downed and then you can't even CC them to prevent them from downing you too.

What's also super annoying is the necro's blood draining thing, from which you can't evade. Does a lot of damage and heals the necro too.

Especially as a thief player my downed state feels ridiculously underpowered compared to what some other classes get. All I can do is troll the enemy a bit by teleporting away before they stomp, then going invisible before they try to stomp again, but all it does is waste both our time. The stealth in particular is practically completely useless as it's not like you're going anywhere, and you've probably already used up your teleport, and it stealths you for maybe 2 seconds...

That being said, the Daredevil elite skill is amazing against downed enemies, if there's no enemy players to interrupt you. It's a 3-step combo where the first includes a small leap towards the enemy, the second is a launch attack which prevents your enemy from doing anything, and the third is an auto-stomp. OH AND THERE'S A CHANCE YOUR LITTLE ASURA THIEF WILL LITERALLY YELL "GET REKT". Literally the most satisfying skill in the game by far. xD

@sephiroth.4217 said:

It works fine for me.

Well im sorry that's the case for you but for me it has worked just fine for 6 years.It never did work on downedstate skills, you never could interrupt it with anything but launch. Want me to post a screenshot where I used f3 into his knock and I still got pushed back? xD

I already hinted in a previous post that not all dazes work too. For all we know there could be a weird interaction with traits such as powerblock or lost time, same issue Berserker currently has with a certain trait set up boosting rampage toughness by over 1k.The only CC that interrupt dowendskills is a launch.I did additional test with power block, it does stop skills midway because it does put ICD instant so you cant use a skill that has 15s cd. I never thought about this trait as worth using as mental anguish had more value to oneshotting targets rather than trying to interrupt something through stability spam(in the past). I'm not sure if its really interrupted downedstate targets years ago as complain about it came recently and became more obvious with sword ambush on mirage.Mantra daze and F3 are equal if you are interested.

@praqtos.9035 said:

It works fine for me.

I already hinted in a previous post that not all dazes work too. For all we know there could be a weird interaction with traits such as powerblock or lost time, same issue Berserker currently has with a certain trait set up boosting rampage toughness by over 1k.The only CC that interrupt dowendskills is a launch.I did additional test with power block, it does stop skills midway because it does put ICD instant so you cant use a skill that has 15s cd. I never thought about this trait as worth using as mental anguish had more value to oneshotting targets rather than trying to interrupt something through stability spam(in the past). I'm not sure if its really interrupted downedstate targets years ago as complain about it came recently and became more obvious with sword ambush on mirage.Mantra daze and F3 are equal if you are interested.

So i was right then. But still not sure if the interaction with powerblock is intended (i never had a 15 secs powerblock cd or an interrupted downstate skill from mesmer daze/stun before). I know that weakness and vulnerability get applied from interrupt traits but never had it with the powrblock cd what even interrupt my downstate skill so it doesnt work at all.

@bravan.3876 said:

@bravan.3876 said:Downstate skills were not interruptable (except for cc that moves the downed body like guardian hammer knockback), only show the interrupt symbol and proc interrupt traits but lately i even got a 15 secs powerblock cd on one of my downstate skills (not autoattack). Maybe there is something bugging atm?As it was written before, you get "interrupted" but nothing really happen, powerblock is triggered because you CAN be interrupted but .... not really interrpted....so its proc'd 15s cd...if this makes sense to you

It works fine for me.

So i was right then. But still not sure if the interaction with powerblock is intended (i never had a 15 secs powerblock cd or an interrupted downstate skill from mesmer daze/stun before). I know that weakness and vulnerability get applied from interrupt traits but never had it with the powrblock cd what even interrupt my downstate skill so it doesnt work at all.I dont remember that either, may be because people didnt actually:Play power mesmer, play power block(mental anguish was way better as it provided more reliable damage) and became obvious when mirage could make his clones leap on u and proc it. I dont know if it was like that back then or intended

@praqtos.9035 said:

It works fine for me.

Ive always been a power block player on Mes which is why Ive been seeing it and you haven't.