They nerfed staff in wvw saying it was doing too much dmg....

Arheundel.6451

Isn't it funny? They claimed staff ele was doing too much dmg....but this is allowed

https://imgur.com/a/PBckNGP

In the picture I am a tempest healer with 2400 toughness nomad armor and minstrel accessories with durability...2600 toughness no armor which was 3200...I get spiked for 13k skill from 1200 range instantly...meanwhile the full zerk staff ele hits for 3k dmg if lucky...

meanwhile the full zerk staff ele hits for 3k dmg if lucky...gets noncrit 3100 from an eleOk buddy.I was roaming once and zerg rolled over me with rev oneshotting me for 16k literally when I had full health(i was zerk mesmer no toughness), do you imply toughness doesnt really matter at this point?

@praqtos.9035 said:

meanwhile the full zerk staff ele hits for 3k dmg if lucky...
gets noncrit 3100 from an ele
Ok buddy.I was roaming once and zerg rolled over me with rev oneshotting me for 16k literally when I had full health(i was zerk mesmer no toughness), do you imply toughness doesnt really matter at this point?

Absolutely! You can have as much toughness as you want..you still get oneshotted left and right, the problems are the multipliers same classes have access to...because I can go full zerk ele and people will just take a stroll under meteor storm..but forget about this.

The title of the thread is Double standards in balance , they nerfed ele dmg at every turn in the name of balance....still other professions are free to do this much dmg, once I got oneshotted from a SBLb while having roughly the same levels of toughness as I was running back to my zerg as healer tempest...30k dmg from 1200 range it's fine for anet..so let's nerf the 10k beam burst of fresh weaver from 900 range...seems fair to me

@Arheundel.6451 said:

meanwhile the full zerk staff ele hits for 3k dmg if lucky...
gets noncrit 3100 from an ele
Ok buddy.I was roaming once and zerg rolled over me with rev oneshotting me for 16k literally when I had full health(i was zerk mesmer no toughness), do you imply toughness doesnt really matter at this point?

Absolutely! You can have as much toughness as you want..you still get oneshotted left and right, the problems are the multipliers same classes have access to...because I can go full zerk ele and people will just take a stroll under meteor storm..but forget about this.

The title of the thread is
Double standards in balance
, they nerfed ele dmg at every turn in the name of balance....still other professions are free to do this much dmg, once I got oneshotted from a SBLb while having roughly the same levels of toughness as I was running back to my zerg as healer tempest...30k dmg from 1200 range it's fine for anet..so let's nerf the 10k beam burst of fresh weaver from 900 range...seems fair to meI can relate, the same was with mesmer scepter3. I dont like zerg fights and roaming is dead thanks to anet released mount that nobody asked for, except happy zergers

It was over nerfed in both its dps and added effects. The nerf to GoEP having an ammo system destroy any hope of landing a real effect though MS this is true for any thing that works this way it simply dose not fit on the ele class who is all aoe.

@Justine.6351 said:Because the aoe size on hammer skills and meteor shower are totally the same...

Right but why then are the smaller or same size aoe as the hammer skills still hitting for less? See the thing about MS it the one skill that should hit harder then any thing else in gw2. It is the end all be all dmg skill. If they want to keep the dps nerfed on it as hard as they have then its burst dmg should be much higher. With its massive tell and cast time and randomness its more on you if your killed by it then the ele using it.

@Jski.6180 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Because the aoe size on hammer skills and meteor shower are totally the same...

Right but why then are the smaller or same size aoe as the hammer skills still hitting for less? See the thing about MS it the one skill that should hit harder then any thing else in gw2. It is the end all be all dmg skill. If they want to keep the dps nerfed on it as hard as they have then its burst dmg should be much higher. With its massive tell and cast time and randomness its more on you if your killed by it then the ele using it.

Uh...yes you have to run out of it's massive aoe or die. That's the power of meteor shower.

@Justine.6351 said:

Uh...yes you have to run out of it's massive aoe or die. That's the power of meteor shower.

Zone of control that the point of staff ele and with no quickness on the ele class there is a very know cast time and tell for it. But it mostly hits blocks or barriers MS is working with a 2 hit it has been nerfed hard for dps doing less dmg it also was hit by the power creep of def skill of barriers and blocks supports. I wish the 3ed pt dps program every one likes to think the game is balanced base off would read how much "non" dmg you do when you land dmg into barrier.

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:One year ago the first impact could deal 24k in zerg; now I'm arround 10-8k at best.I know they "fixed" the initial impact, but ...more than 50% nerf ?? Really ? Don't forget you're locked in a 3sec cast time + you lose half your life or more because of retaliation.

Indeed but having your heatlh drop down to lower 50% despite wearing full minstrel after 2 hits is ludicrous

0u1uUIb.jpg

Enjoy! By the way just dodge 4Head. A ranger from 1500+ hitting you mid-zerg with Quickness and Unblockable attack that is thought to be clearly countered by a Block for some people. In less than 1s I was dead. Oh wait, my evade frames were out after I had to get away of Rapidfire and some auto attacks. The ranger had Might only from the elite skill only, so they didn't have stacks of it. That's merely auto attacks we talking.

@Ultramex.1506 said:

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:One year ago the first impact could deal 24k in zerg; now I'm arround 10-8k at best.I know they "fixed" the initial impact, but ...more than 50% nerf ?? Really ? Don't forget you're locked in a 3sec cast time + you lose half your life or more because of retaliation.

Indeed but having your heatlh drop down to lower 50% despite wearing full minstrel after 2 hits is ludicrous

Right but getting one shot by a rev in full minstrels is ok? That just where the game is right now the dmg skill that have small tells are doing way more dmg then the big tells from staff ele.

@Jski.6180 said:

Right but getting one shot by a rev in full minstrels is ok? That just where the game is right now the dmg skill that have small tells are doing way more dmg then the big tells from staff ele.

Oh no that ain't ok but my problem isn't "this class too op plz nerf" it's get killed in 2 sec despite wearing defensive gear.I think, and maybe this is because i'm salty, if you have enough dmg modifier it bypass armor instead of being reduced by it.

@Ultramex.1506 said:

Oh no that ain't ok but my problem isn't "this class too op plz nerf" it's get killed in 2 sec despite wearing defensive gear.I think, and maybe this is because i'm salty, if you have enough dmg modifier it bypass armor instead of being reduced by it.

Staff is a zone controlled wepon its made for making ppl pay a high price for going into zones that the ele has spells going off in. Its hard counter by skill sadly things like rev CoR you can only guess what going on.

All of staff aoe should be slow cast or have short lasting effects but players should pay a very high cost to go into these spells.

@Jski.6180 said:

Staff is a zone controlled wepon its made for making ppl pay a high price for going into zones that the ele has spells going off in. Its hard counter by skill sadly things like rev CoR you can only guess what going on.

All of staff aoe should be slow cast or have short lasting effects but players should pay a very high cost to go into these spells.

I'm all for slow skills if they are actually impactful. Eruption and ice spike do less damage than fireball but have like 2-3 times higher cast time and much higher cooldown. Shockwave, gust and similar dual skills are too slow and have too narrow hitboxes.

The only skills you can cast reliably on staff are lightning surge (no delays after casting and no projectiles) and aoe CC skills (<1 sec cast time). For some reason burning retreat is failing me too many times.

@steki.1478 said:

I'm all for slow skills if they are actually impactful. Eruption and ice spike do less damage than fireball but have like 2-3 times higher cast time and much higher cooldown. Shockwave, gust and similar dual skills are too slow and have too narrow hitboxes.

The only skills you can cast reliably on staff are lightning surge (no delays after casting and no projectiles) and aoe CC skills (<1 sec cast time). For some reason burning retreat is failing me too many times.

You know they will see this part and then nerf fireball so it does less damage than Ice Spike and Eruption, Job done, now Ice Spike and Eruption are worth using more than fireball

The most hilarious part of the staff nerfs was that lava font got nerfed more in PvP than in other game modes. All game modes got the 40% damage reduction, but PvE and WvW got a small compensation in the form of a CD reduction. PvP did not get that compensation because it already had a smaller CD due to a previous balance split between game modes. I guess they did well because lava font was destroying absolutely everyone in PvP. All those complaints from the top players were addressed. Have your /s Anet in case you don't realize it's sarcasm.

Staff really needs some work to become up to date with current profession design. Especially all the non-fire attunements. They simply do not do enough.

@steki.1478 said:

Fire skills still a fire skill it should do more dmg then the water and earth skill lol. If any thing fire ball should have burning on it. There more then dmg from staff like cc its just ice spike dose not chill (it should) and eruption may means a root on its dmg hit and a cripple during its charge up. Shockwave needs a prices though targets. Lighting surge needs a daze on it or at least weekness.