Some stat-selectable items did not get reset by the patch.

I think all of mine did get reset (I'm not sure because I don't pay much attention to changing stats around so heck if I know what I had before on bag-held items). However, on one character every time I log in on her or just change zones, I get the popup warning I have an equipped item that needs resetting. But everything on her has stats! Even everything in her bags has stats. I saw comments that items in invisible bags had triggered that, and did have an old Adventurer's Mantle in an invisible bag. Couldn't salvage it so I flat out tossed it.

And I still get the popup. Very annoying.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Anet follows through on this hotfix.

My husband has a transmuted Marauder's Caladbolg that was reset.

I have a non-transmuted Berserker Caladbolg that was not reset. (I had had a brainfart and originally chose Berserker by accident, so when I heard about the reset I got pretty excited at the prospect of being able to correct my mistake!)

Both of us had these weapons equipped on our characters at the time the update went through so...yeeeah.

Most of my other gear was reset properly. I care most about the fact my Caladbolg was missed when hubby's was not. :(

@"Sakaane.5973" said:I hope Anet follows through on this hotfix.

My husband has a transmuted Marauder's Caladbolg that was reset.

I have a non-transmuted Berserker Caladbolg that was not reset. (I had had a brainfart and originally chose Berserker by accident, so when I heard about the reset I got pretty excited at the prospect of being able to correct my mistake!)

Both of us had these weapons equipped on our characters at the time the update went through so...yeeeah.

Most of my other gear was reset properly. I care most about the fact my Caladbolg was missed when hubby's was not. :(

You do know you can easily stat swap the caladbolg right?

On the character that completed the story missions, go and find Ridhais in your home instance. She will allow you to exchange your current ascended weapon for a different one for 1000  Unbound Magic.png Unbound Magic.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Caladbolg_Orchida

@Linken.6345 said:

@Zevlove.4396 said:Has this hotfix been applied yet? I have a quiver of a thousand arrows that's stuck as rampagers, and 2 of the crafted ascended mist weapons that dont have the stat selections updated. Not including all of the wvw and bladed exotic armour that never reset.

Well rampagers is a core stat it looks like core stats wasent affected

Thats garbage... All of it should have been effected.

Not saying what you said is garbage either, just annoyed my gear was rendered moot for WvW roaming due to Warclaw and was really hoping to adjust to the new META with this reset.

I have a lot of celestial gear and none of it on any class can dismount someone. Its useless gear now and I had several sets.

If they implement dismount skills I wouldnt need a reset though.

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

@Ahratan.1098 said:My fractal/mists ring/acces/amu with grieving stats did not reset. My LS3 viper stuff did reset. My alts’ crafting backpieces did reset.

Moreover, my infused ‘There with Yakkington’ backpiece with Mad Memories skin (details included in case it helps fix...) was reset from Soldiers stats, but now only has berserker/knight/rabid options! That is fewer options than before!

• Attribute combinations related to raids and fractals
    (Assaulter's, Defender's, Healer's, and Malicious)This one seems to be the thing. I have multiple once selectable sets with core stats, which did not reset. Same sets with HoT stats did.

There are a few items that were missed in the reset and will be reset in an upcoming hotfix. Sorry about that!

Is it? Soon?

Suggestion for the hotfix: Grant players an item, so they can decide themselves, if they want to reset their stats. One must consider, if the item is account or character based, but basically it should be optional. Especially if you have multiple characters it is tedious work to reselect stats for all gear, although you even want to keep the current stats.

• ArenaNet Staff

The hotfix of attribute-selectable item’s reset was deployed last week and all items that should have been reset have been. I want to dispel a misunderstanding that all attribute-selectable item would have their selector reset: only the ones that were level 80 and that were affected by selector changes, minus a few categories that were listed in the blog post and my previous post, were eligible for a reset.

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:The hotfix of attribute-selectable item’s reset was deployed last week and all items that should have been reset have been. I want to dispel a misunderstanding that all attribute-selectable item would have their selector reset: only the ones that were level 80 and that were affected by selector changes, minus a few categories that were listed in the blog post and my previous post, were eligible for a reset.

In that case, could you please clarify the determining factors for resetting? I had two identical sets of trinkets on different characters of mine. One set of trinkets reset, the other one did not. Same items in both cases

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:The hotfix of attribute-selectable item’s reset was deployed last week and all items that should have been reset have been. I want to dispel a misunderstanding that all attribute-selectable item would have their selector reset: only the ones that were level 80 and that were affected by selector changes, minus a few categories that were listed in the blog post and my previous post, were eligible for a reset.

I had several non-80 items reset. I didn't report this because I don't think it's worth my time (let alone ANet's) to worry about out why it happened.

Even after the hotfix, I still had some L80 pieces that were were not reset, despite them being otherwise identical to pieces that were. (likewise about not taking the time to document: I don't see it as important).

To be clear: personally, I'm super happy about the change, despite some items not resetting. I had no hope originally that any of these items would get a second lease on life, so I'm pleased to see that some did. Even though I really can't explain why others did not.

Or in brief:

• Great utility update generally.
  • I don't see the need for any more adjustments, despite inconsistencies.

Same. I think that 30-50% of my LWS3 trinkets reset and the rest did not, regardless of what type they were. While it would have been nice to reset some that did not, I am super happy to now be able to get trinkets of any stat from the LWS3 maps! :)

i have full exotic and full ascended armor and ascended axe, torch and warhorn from wvwthe full exotic (EXCEPT boots) and ascended warhorn have reset at the 28th of may patch, nothing else has reset at the "hotfix"

i don't get the logic of what and what doesn't reset, especially my exotic boots not resetting

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:The hotfix of attribute-selectable item’s reset was deployed last week and all items that should have been reset have been.I believe some items have still been skipped. I have multiples of identical pieces of equipment, and only some of them reset.

For example, I have several of each of the Season 3 trinkets purchased with map currency: 6 or so Coral Chokers, 5 each of Black Ice Bands, Earrings, etc. Only about half of these had their stats reset. How is it that some of my Black Ice Earrings were reset, and some were not? I'm seeing this across many of these ascended trinkets.

Edit: Further elaboration - After item stats reset, I noticed that one of my Season 3 rings reset, but that same ring on another character did not reset. The rings are identical except one is attuned and has an extra infusion slot. This attuned ring did not reset, so I assumed the two are related - trinkets got reset except if they were attuned. Later, I noticed that this isn't the case, because some of my Season 3 attuned rings did have their stats reset. This is all current and observable when I log in, as of last night (not as of last week).

I think many of us have a good understanding of what should have been reset, it's that if I have 2 of an identical item and one is reset, but the other is not, then that cannot possibly be correct behavior. This inconsistency was not fixed by the update. Further infuriating is that no one from ArenaNet acknowledges that they have even taken the time to read any of these messages because if they had they would undoubtedly come to the same conclusion.

Between the time I started this thread and now, none of my items have been reset. So either my interpretation of the rules is wrong(I did read them many times), or the hotfix did not get applied. I do not feel any of the patch notes would apply to this problem. To help me understand the rules better, could you explain why some items did not get reset? So using Black Ice Earrings as an example, since I had 5 of them get reset and 3 did not reset: Were all Black Ice Earrings supposed to reset? Or is it only Black Ice Earrings that had a specific stat type? I thought I had some berserker ones reset, and I definitely have a berserker one that did not reset.

Ye, this stat reset was weird.I had WvW ascended armor with Trailblazer stats that did not reset but my PvP ascended armor with Marauders did.

Most of my trinkets followed the rules of resetting if they had PoF/HoT stats but not core tyria though (with the exception of Mist trinkets since those can be converted via an item)

For my LS3 stat selectable level rings/ammys/accessories, I have Vipers, Valkyries, and Carrion stats selected. Only the Vipers stats reset. The ones with Valkyries and Carrion did not. None of my armor or weapons with Vipers reset. None of my armor, trinkets, or weapons with Berserkers reset either. Does this seem correct? I am still not clear as to what was supposed to be effected by the reset.

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 : Could you confirm whether or not ascended back items created in the Mystic Forge (such as Mawdrey and Tempered Spinal Blades) should have had their stats reset? Apparently @"Kuulpb.5412" had their Mawdrey reset but I didn't. I know in the original blog post it was stated "Crafted backpacks" would not be reset but I'm not sure whether mystic forging counts as 'crafting' in this case.

I have been checking this thread every day waiting for this "hotfix" to complete the job started by the patch. This last update on the situation feels like a brush-off.

It was a nice idea to upgrade stat-selectable items to include all available stat combos, and it was responsible to patch the pre-existing items, the ones we spent time farming to buy, so that they would have the same value as newly-farmed items, but it would have been even better to actually follow through with the idea and apply the patch to all of the pre-existing items.

I spent just as much time farming for the Jade Pendant where I selected Berserker's stats as I spent farming for the Jade Pendant where I selected Viper's stats; one of those items was reset, and the other was not. Also I have several items stored in invisible bags that were missed entirely. Because of these discrepancies, some people had a higher percentage of their items reset than others. Again, resetting the items was a kind and responsible gesture, but the way it was applied turned out to be unfair; some people may have had 80% of their items reset, and others only 20%. Yes, they are both getting something, but it's like gifting one person a box of chocolates and the other a stick of corn; when done improperly, even gifts can be insulting. And then there are the people who were left out entirely.

Please go over this item-reset again and do it properly. Perhaps you could set up a temporary vendor with an item that could be used to reset items manually, so that people can fix their items themselves. Leave it up for a couple months, give people a heads up, and everyone will be happy.

I saw no consistent pattern with regard to prefixes being reset or not, and as far as I can recall there was no change to any of my items after the "hotfix" was supposedly applied. As others noted, I can see that identical items both were and were not reset.

A possible explanation for this inconsistency is that the script that reset the items was originally hitting a broader scope than what they had intended, and was aborted after a partial run, leaving affected items reset. But after adding those exceptions to narrow the list of items, further items of the same kind were not reset. If this is what happened, Anet should come clean and state as such, then we can all move on with the understanding that an error was made and corrected. Otherwise we have an open bug that needs investigation because something clearly went wrong with touching the database and that is not something to be ignored. If the current state of resets is what was intended, they also need to state that the exception list is actually much broader than what was previously acknowledged, in point of fact it seems that the majority of stat-select items were put on the exclusion list at some point.

I just put in a ticket regarding the items I have that were not reset. Most are LWS3 ascended trinkets, and going by the patch notes those items should have been universally reset regardless of current stat combos. I'm not misreading anything there, right?

I also have two Mawdreys that were not reset, though I guess those could fall under "crafted backpacks". Still, it's very disappointing that the crafted ascended back items have new stats available and existing owners can't access them.

Anyway, I'll see how it goes with the ticket, though I'm fully expecting a PFO message.

@"jimbothirtytwo.1547" said:I just put in a ticket regarding the items I have that were not reset. Most are LWS3 ascended trinkets, and going by the patch notes those items should have been universally reset regardless of current stat combos. I'm not misreading anything there, right?

I also have two Mawdreys that were not reset, though I guess those could fall under "crafted backpacks". Still, it's very disappointing that the crafted ascended back items have new stats available and existing owners can't access them.

Anyway, I'll see how it goes with the ticket, though I'm fully expecting a PFO message.

Incorrect if mawdrey was classed as ceafted mine shouldnt have bren reset, it is also not ascended exclusive as my exotic backpack from sandswet isles reset, however some armour and trinkets that should DEFINITELY have been reset were not. I am still 100% with my decision that should make all ascended armour stat selectable, any armour created after the patch would not be, but all ascended items would be stat selectable that are made and owned by a player at the time of the patch.

Edit: i should also mention i sent in a ticket and they said they are currently working on a patch for this - I think the absolute best thing would be make an npc that takes “old” ascended items and will give you a new ascended one along with any runes and infusions the item had and change the code for ascended, since they all now will have all stats available there is no need to have “some” items reset while unfortunately not successfully resetting those items.

Hi Stephane, finally got back to the game after 2.5 weeks without internet at new home, logged in noticed some of my items got reset

one of the most noticeable one I noticed did not reset was the Static Tempered Spinal Blades (Infused) which have Dire stats on

according to your previous post, should it not have reset? :confused: ?or does the team's definition of 'crafted' include items that got thrown back to us by Zommoros?

most of the items that were not affected by this update because of their particular combination of attributes and the unaffected items didn’t get their attribute reset. They include, among other items:

• Crafted backpacks
  • Specialization armor and weapon rewards
  • Attribute combinations related to raids and fractals (Assaulter's, Defender's, Healer's, and Malicious)

I believe the majority of community members had wanted for yonks is a way to expand mystic forge receipt to switch stat on Backpacks, they are pretty expensive in considering the amount of materials poured into a fully upgrade one; or an item that works exactly like Bloodstone Capacitor would be even better ;)