every class have too high damage

Lala.8752

@Elementalist Owner.7802 said:

@"Lala.8752" said:seriously kitten everything two shot everything, ok nerf every passive trait was a good idea because it was so kitten but pls nerf a bit all damage of every class

Stop using squishy amulets :)

But he won't be able to 2 shot things if he don't use a squishy amulet.

Anyway, in one thread people point out the damage and in the other people point out the defense. Somehow I guess this mean that overall damage and defense are balanced.

Rock paper scissors is balanced. Flipping a coin is balanced. Would you do either of those things for fun?

"Balance" does not matter when every meta build is so overpowered that the game feels like a button mashing competition

Sure who mashes the right buttons at the right time in the right place... That's the question. Every game is just mashing buttons, at least on pc anyway.

In good games you have to think about every action. In GW2, it mostly comes down to spamming as hard as you can. I don't think you understand how dumbed down the game has gotten since the HoT days... A bronze league player from those days could easily reach platinum now because skill is hardly a factor anymore.

Most of the former ESL players have quit the game and/or come out vocally about how faceroll the meta has become. This is not even a debate. This is common knowledge to anyone who knows what they are talking about. I know you casuals AKA GW2's target audience in 2019 like being able to roll your faces on your keyboards to win, but that is not how competitive games are supposed to work.

Hahaha bronze reaching plat hahah yea no.I'd agree there's more button pressing cus there's more abilities and the cooldowns are slightly lower but other than that it's basically just the powercreep, which is NOT good but it doesn't mean that just anybody can be top dawg facerolling. If you just press as many buttons as fast as possible you're not gonna win a fight, you're gonna blow your defense and big impact skills on nothing.

@"Lala.8752" said:seriously kitten everything two shot everything, ok nerf every passive trait was a good idea because it was so kitten but pls nerf a bit all damage of every class

Anyway, in one thread people point out the damage and in the other people point out the defense. Somehow I guess this mean that overall damage and defense are balanced.

Rock paper scissors is balanced. Flipping a coin is balanced. Would you do either of those things for fun?

"Balance" does not matter when every meta build is so overpowered that the game feels like a button mashing competition

Sure who mashes the right buttons at the right time in the right place... That's the question. Every game is just mashing buttons, at least on pc anyway.

In good games you have to think about every action. In GW2, it mostly comes down to spamming as hard as you can. I don't think you understand how dumbed down the game has gotten since the HoT days... A bronze league player from those days could easily reach platinum now because skill is hardly a factor anymore.

Most of the former ESL players have quit the game and/or come out vocally about how faceroll the meta has become. This is not even a debate. This is common knowledge to anyone who knows what they are talking about. I know you casuals AKA GW2's target audience in 2019 like being able to roll your faces on your keyboards to win, but that is not how competitive games are supposed to work.

It definitely has become more dumbed down, without a doubt, but pretty sure as I've said somewhere else, if you pitted the best players against mediocre or even high tier players with exactly the same build in a duel you'd quite easily see a world of difference. Same thing with a 5 man team in a game.

"Mostly comes down to spamming as hard as you can." is a bit disingenuous.

@Vithzerai.3291 said:

It definitely has become more dumbed down, without a doubt, but pretty sure as I've said somewhere else, if you pitted the best players against mediocre or even high tier players with exactly the same build in a duel you'd quite easily see a world of difference. Same thing with a 5 man team in a game.

"Mostly comes down to spamming as hard as you can." is a bit disingenuous.

I would agree with you that the "best" players (MAT winners and maybe the top 10 ranked leaderboard players) could beat almost anyone in the game, although not with the level of consistency that we had seen in the HoT days when skill mattered more.

You also have to consider that these players are exceptional, so not the best example to use when we're talking about the entire PvP scene. They stand out because they are leagues better than the rest in terms of mechanical skill and rotational knowledge. You have to look at a more saturated sample of the playerbase, such as the platinum, gold, and silver leagues, where the difference in skill is not as dramatic. At these levels, you can clearly see that the difference in skill hardly affects the outcome of the fight or match.

The "mostly comes down to spamming as hard as you can" line was a bit of hyperbole lol. I got carried away when arguing with those soulbeast mains who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

@Gamble.4580 said:

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:Nerf damage in pvp by 80%Nerf healing in pvp by 85%All problems with 1-shot builds will get fixed instantly.

What... lol if u loose more healing than dps u will get more 1 shotted?!?Did u just take bait of a troll comment?

...... Math should be mandatory class in every country....Lets take soulbeast VS basic guardian as an example.Guardian have about 17k HP in a moderate build. Soulbeast can potentially dish out 12k DPS. Currently, that guardian survives for 1.4 sec.If all damage get reduced by 80%, then soulbeast would only be able to deal 2.4k dps. So, the same guardian with 17k HP would survive for at least 7 sec.Where are you seeing 1-shot in here?

Yeah, here's an idea. 'Balance' does not always mean buff! Nerf is also part of the equation! The powercreep is off the charts, I can just literally mash keys and get results even with professions I've never played. I'm sorry, but that's terrible. I don't care if they're 'easier to play', if makes for lousy pvp.