Whats a fun Elementalist Build?

Ele is a very squishy class, and unfortunately a lot of their defense comes from evades/positioning. I dont know your current build, but the arcane traitline has some good defensive choices in each tier. Renewing stamina, final shielding, are some good passive traits, elemental attunement gives you protection on earth attune, and regen on water, and evasive arcana gives your dodge roll in water a small heal/condi clear.

You still have offensive options too, if you dont need all the defensive traits. Arcane precision improves your weakness uptime, which is 10% extra crit chance if you take the superior elements weaver trait, and bountiful power is some passive extra damage.

Other than that, the arcane shield utility is a great defensive skill that allows you to keep dpsing while blocking attacks, and running some marauder gear should help a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know what’s meta anymore but in PvE I’ve been running with sword and focus. And remember ele is always just going to be squishy. Downed state is a tool for me. I often use it intentionally because between dropping a lava font and the skill 5, it’s incredibly powerful

I've started running something like this in dungeons and Open World, and sometimes in lower tier fractals just for fun (when being bored of the typical SW/D Weaver thing in T4 and CMs). This build is Tempest though, not Weaver.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJBIhdSfJ0yAWyA4fJwhJWEAsiOZT8MEEAKAHA3U7st2C-jhCXQB0RZyDUCaSdA2TLAA2fUK0DVIkl6L86BAoAlUj6EAAA-e

The aim is to spam combos for Might which gives like perma Fury as well, and sharing them boons through Heat Sync and Sand Squall. Pretty good Protection uptime as well as some healing, but the main focus is spreading Might and Fury as well as doing dmg—still being able to sustain and "help out" more than them full dmg builds. Scepter instead of dagger is a nice setup as well, but I simple like the dagger more—more mobility. :)

The utility skills are pretty optional. I run Arcane Wave for more blasts but other than that I swap them out to adapt to the situation at hand. The same goes for the Elite and the Heal skill, as well as almost all of the Arcane Traits. Maybe swap to Invigorating Torrents i Tempest line for even more self sustain.

The build may not be the most optimal setup for the thing I'm looking for—more like what gear I already had as well as what traits and skills I like running. My aim was for around 500 Healing Power, around 15000 HP and some Toughness. The rest for dmg.In the end, it revolves more around buffing party or squad DPS.