I am interested in how they will add certain skill types to a different class

Knighthonor.4061

Some really interesting vanilla skill types that I am interested in seeing cross class barrier with the Elite Spec concept in the future if I am still here.

Some of these are:

●Spirit Weapons●Turrets●Pet●Conjunction●Minion●Banner●Kits

I myself like to be creative with some of these. Sometimes taking from some already established concepts on the market.

For example:

Warrior: I have some interesting ideas on how to do Conjuration, Kits, Pets and Minions for a Warrior Elite Specialization.

Elementalist: I have some interesting ideas on how to do Banners and Turrets for a Elementalist Elite Specialization.

Revenant: I have some interesting ideas on how to do Minions and Turrets for a Revenant Elite Specialization.

Engineer: I have some interesting ideas on how to do Pets, Minions and Conjuration for an Engineer Elite Specialization.

The new version of Spirit Weapons is a bit more limiting so dont have many interesting ideas with that right now.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Some really interesting vanilla skill types that I am interested in seeing cross class barrier with the Elite Spec concept in the future if I am still here.

Some of these are:

I myself like to be creative with some of these. Sometimes taking from some already established concepts on the market.

For example:

Warrior: I have some interesting ideas on how to do Conjuration, Kits, Pets and Minions for a Warrior Elite Specialization.

Elementalist: I have some interesting ideas on how to do Banners and Turrets for a Elementalist Elite Specialization.

Revenant: I have some interesting ideas on how to do Minions and Turrets for a Revenant Elite Specialization.

Engineer: I have some interesting ideas on how to do Pets, Minions and Conjuration for an Engineer Elite Specialization.

The new version of Spirit Weapons is a bit more limiting so dont have many interesting ideas with that right now.

You don't want conjures, like, you shouldn't.

Kits good, conjures bad.

@Auburner.6945 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Some really interesting vanilla skill types that I am interested in seeing cross class barrier with the Elite Spec concept in the future if I am still here.

Some of these are:

For example:

You don't want conjures, like, you shouldn't.

Kits good, conjures bad.

Yeah I do. Just because it didnt work well for one class doesnt mean it cant work for another class that will have a dedicated specialization to balance it around unlike Elementalist which this is a Vanilla skill type before the current Specialization system was ever a thing.

@RedShark.9548 said:I can see kits on warrior,I cant see pets on anyone else

I can see pets working on a few classes actually.Warrior and Engineer being some of them. I have ideas on how to do this as well. The Specialization will keep it balanced with certain trade offs and attributes and strengths. Engineer was a little more difficult but I came up with a way to do that as well.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Zex Anthon.8673 said:If any other class gets kits, engineer loses what little identity it had in the first place.

Not really. That can be said about many classes. But we see classes are different beyond just skill types. For example a Mesmer with Wells is not a Necromancer.

I wouldn't consider wells as inherently necromancer. Spectral skills are related more closely with the profession mechanic. It wouldn't make sense to give Mesmer spectral skills, just like it wouldn't make sense to give necromancer clones/phantasms.

Kits are a key part to engineers unique playstyle. Giving other classes access to kits takes that identity away from engineer. Additionally, any engineer player can tell how much of a shitshow engineer is to balance because of kits.

I could easily imagine Rangers having Minions. Packs of small animals that don't warrant an individual pet, or just your regular pets working as a pack.Summon Lemmings should totally be a skill.

Vice versa you could easily give Necromancers a pet, turn the shroud into your pet management mechanic and LF becoming your pet health.

Spirit Weapons could easily be turned into Phantasmal Weapons for Mesmer. Illusionary Weaponry is an iconic skill from GW1.

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:Some really interesting vanilla skill types that I am interested in seeing cross class barrier with the Elite Spec concept in the future if I am still here.

Some of these are:

●Spirit Weapons

Spirit weapons can match necromancer and mesmer.

●Turrets

Turrets can match necromancer (undead turret), ranger (plant turret) and maybe elementalist.

●Pet

This is a special mechanic so it's highly unlikely to see it go to another profession than ranger, however, with some twist you can probably give a pet to the necromancer to replace the shroud and engineer can probably make one out of metal scraps.

●Conjuration

I can see it as replacement of the special mechanisms on necromancer (yeah the LF bar make things easy), firebrand already seem to have it with their "books" and so does holosmith with the forge. It's probably possible for mesmer as well.

●Minion

Ranger is probably the one that would thematically have the easiest way to gain minions. Revenant could have a legend similar to glint with upkeep minions instead of upkeep aoe buff.

●Banner

Any profession could.

●Kits

To ensure that there is as little powercreep as possible, kits should only be a possibility for profession that don't have access to weapon swap, so elementalist is probably the only one that could have kits.

I’m sure it’s been stated before but just reiterating:

Pets will not be added to other classes like they have with ranger. They are the class mechanic, like how changing attunements, have burst skills, and having the tool belt skills are.

The only thing similar to that which has a chance to be added are minion skills (more akin to what Necromancers have) or some profession mechanic which would summon some large pet for x amount of time.

@"Ultramex.1506" said:Engineer can have signet, rather than calling it signet, call it "Reserve Energy". Give bonus depend on the energy you reserve and activate to discharge.

Yes i know it ls similiar to Rev's Facet

If you think about it, Facets are just signets, except you don’t get the passive unless you activate it the first time.