[suggestion] Siege and Traps button on hotbar and personal siege storage

crazyhusky.2985

For those of you who use a lot of siegeI find it rather fraustraing having to go into inventory and find the siege amoungst all the loot in your bag if you've playing for an hour or two.

They should add a siege and trap button to the hotbar, For WvW only. I feel like this should be added a long time ago.They implemented a Novelities button on your hot bar, something i don't really use (is kind of pointless) but in wvw we all use siege and its a hassle at times to maintain/organise it or to get it out quickly like getting a disabler out because you have to find it first.The Siege/Trap button would go at the end of the skill bar next to the mounts and Novelities. Here is roughly drawn example.Most people use 1 or 2 traps and the odd siege here and there. so this would be perfect.You hit the siege button if a siege is set to it and you equip it as normal, you don't have to go in the inventory. If you want a different siege, it arrow above it and a small pop up appears with the siege and traps you've set will be there for you to choose from, no more inventory window. I think 12 slots of siege along with the 4 slots for traps should be enough for most people

They would have to add a tab to the WvW panel under the skill point tab call "siege" (they could add it to hero panel but it's wvw thing so keep it there)This is where your siege and traps are stored to use in wvw and you can also set which ones you want in the drop down menu when changing siege.As for how many siege and traps of a type you would able to store in the siege storage... I would say limit to 1 stack of each to make it easier, (250 basic of the version, 250 Superior of the version and 250 Guild of the version ) this would allow you have 750 of 1 type of siege. Otherwise people would go crazy with it.After buying a siege or trap you can right click it and add it to the "siege storage" or double click it to use as normal.

This would mean that siege or traps could be shared amoungst ALL character's on the account. A common problem is a lot of people switch characters depending on the situation or their mood. Some people have solo roaming only characters and others have ones geared out for groups or commanding. Whatever the case maybe an issue is sometimes you forget bring a siege or traps with you because you've just left them on the other character you've switched from. Having access to siege when you need it would be nice.Futhermore it would save on inventory space and bank storage space. So you don't have to carry 6-10 different siege/trap items on you.

What do you think.It would be nice to have this on WvW. I know it's not for everyone but it would help.

True, they should replace the funnies button with a siege/traps buttons (the one on the right of the elite).

It's not like it's usable in WvW anymore anyway - you cant use transforms with the mount. And it had marginal use before, since you cant use them with siege either.

@Dawdler.8521 said:True, they should replace the funnies button with a siege/traps buttons (the one on the right of the elite).

It's not like it's usable in WvW anymore anyway - you cant use transforms with the mount. And it had marginal use before, since you cant use them with siege either.

Not replace it, but put siege/trap button next to it, like in the link. Because the novelities button is in a weird spot.There are a few combat tonics like the Kodan one, there are usable WvW but i mean if you are in WvW you're there to fight not run about transformed as something. each to their I guess.

Mounts are counted as a transformation, thats why you can't use them with mounts. (also something creatures would look weird on a mount)

@crazyhusky.2985 said:There are a few combat tonics like the Kodan one, there are usable WvW but i mean if you are in WvW you're there to fight not run about transformed as something. each to their I guess.You talk as if the two are mutually exclusive. I used to roam a fair bit as the watchknight (original of course, huehuehue) but you cant anymore with the mount.

Possible usage of existing in-game technology for this problem:Give the special action key a usage. Create a special tab for traps & siege like the consumable finishers work. Select one "slot from that tab" that is open all the time on the key, unless you don't have enough supply to deploy. In that case, the skill gets disabled.(added a small picture to illustrate this)

GCy0wKY.jpg

PS: This needs a right mouse click context menu option to add blueprints to the account tab, if they are in your normal inventory slot (much like the salvage kits work for the different classes of items)

@"Gorani.7205" said:Possible usage of existing in-game technology for this problem:Give the special action key a usage. Create a special tab for traps & siege like the consumable finishers work. Select one "slot from that tab" that is open all the time on the key, unless you don't have enough supply to deploy. In that case, the skill gets disabled.(added a small picture to illustrate this)

GCy0wKY.jpg

PS: This needs a right mouse click context menu option to add blueprints to the account tab, if they are in your normal inventory slot (much like the salvage kits work for the different classes of items)

I did say a special tab for traps & siege , The hero panel edit looks nice, but it could go into the WvW panel too. Either way works. Most of the WvW and PvP stuff tends to stay within their panels.

I had thought about the "special action key" and the issue is what about if they want to you to use special action key in future for something like a throwing spear to throw at mounted players nearby to instantly dismount them. Which could lead to a conflict with two commands sharing the same button, as some people could then troll you preventing you putting down siege if they are mounted nearby.Also the key would need to modified to allow switching of siege types from a menu to allow for quick switching on the go. The main purpose of special action key is to be a dynamic action that appears to do an action usually for events, it's not suppose to be on you all the time.

I am not against them using the special action key for it. It would save on remapping the key. If they use the same button for the action key but place it on hot bar or to side of it.I feel like that it would look better that way, it's not the way. As you can see from your screenshot it looks rather clustered with it there, its very close to profession skill bars, having it there that could get in way of combat, making you equip siege mid fight by accident or when you don't intend to. Also If its there, right in the middle of your bar all the time, It might annoy people who don't use siege or traps that often.