Dumb noob question. Don't Leave Your Toys Out

@voltaicbore.8012 Aha! Ok, I had no clue about the defense making me an aggro magnet. That explains a lot since I've been going with a lot of defense, being as how it just seems the mobs all think I'm groceries. Thanks. And thanks for all the other advice as well. :)

As a side note, I've been fooling around with a Necro the last couple days. I'm really liking that class too so will probably end up playing both. So far it's been pretty survivable but I think with some changes with all the advice in this thread the Ranger will still be my favorite. It's the class I usually end up playing in any game.

A couple weeks ago my neighbour was creeping his barbecue, chairs, and kids toys into my parking spot. My solution after a 12 hour shift from work was driving into it and parking my truck. His barbecue hit the wall of his apartment, his sons water gun was in pieces and his chairs implanted inside the picnic table.

When it comes to this story line of not leaving your toys out, I suggest taking a similar approach. Grab your greatsword and just start spamming mail on everything that comes at you. Beat the instance and never let it bother you again.

@Strider.7849 said:A couple weeks ago my neighbour was creeping his barbecue, chairs, and kids toys into my parking spot. My solution after a 12 hour shift from work was driving into it and parking my truck. His barbecue hit the wall of his apartment, his sons water gun was in pieces and his chairs implanted inside the picnic table.

When it comes to this story line of not leaving your toys out, I suggest taking a similar approach. Grab your greatsword and just start spamming mail on everything that comes at you. Beat the instance and never let it bother you again.

Why would throwing letters help them clear the instance?

If you're on a US server and you want to learn the game better, I'm pretty sure I can help. I help a lot of people learn this game. I can even go into the instance with you and show you. Up to you but I'm on most US evenings, if you want help.

Don't worry. I was really bad myself when I started out. This game was a bit different and it took time to get used to the combat. I'd recommend you use Greatsword for cleave and Longbow for range and as someone mentioned Drake is a good pet to use.

I'd recommend you invest in a MMO mouse to map buttons on the side and remap your skills closer to your movement keys. The sooner you get used to your end setup, the faster/quicker you'll improve your gameplay and muscle memory. It'll take some time, don't sweat it. It took me 2 weeks to even get comfortable with controls again after comming back from a 2 year hiatus.

I haven't leveled for quite some time but I recall keeping my weapon and the bigger armor pieces(chest/pants/shoulders) up to date level wise was most useful for the story instances. I.E. level 20 for level 20 story. It's cheap to buy on the tp. Just get the cheapest beserker(or assasin) Fine or Masterwork rarity.