Thank you for new Skyscale skin!

I just want to express how happy I am with new Skyscale skin!I instantly bought it and I don't regret it one bit. The dragon is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!Thank you so much ANet, you've made my day from a really gloomy and sad one to an absolutely happy one with this!I love this dragon so much now!Amazing artists/designers as always!

@Blur.3465 said:I just want to express how happy I am with new Skyscale skin!I instantly bought it and I don't regret it one bit. The dragon is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!Thank you so much ANet, you've made my day from a really gloomy and sad one, to an absolutely happy one with this.I love this dragon so much now!

Post a screenshot? I’d love to see it! :)

I really like what they did with the base skin, how the one dye channel completely alters it’s appearance. I look forward to see this new skin!

@VDAC.2137 said:

@"Blur.3465" said:I just want to express how happy I am with new Skyscale skin!I instantly bought it and I don't regret it one bit. The dragon is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!Thank you so much ANet, you've made my day from a really gloomy and sad one, to an absolutely happy one with this.I love this dragon so much now!

Post a screenshot? I’d love to see it! :)

I really like what they did with the base skin, how the one dye channel completely alters it’s appearance. I look forward to see this new skin!

I can't post a screenshot yet, but I'll share the video from the main site page!

I find it to be beyond beautiful! <3

The wing color varies in shade and color based on your viewing angle! It's quite mesmerizing to look at. Keep that in mind when you think that your dye job has a vastly different color to what it should be.

It also has pretty animations!

The idle fire breath animation looks like an icy breath (cannot be dyed). The engage skill also uses blue/white fire!You throw a different (glowy)~~ kind of fish~~ mushroom for that feeding animation.Beautiful animation where the Skyscale extends its wings in a stretch

Will post screenshots for thpse too.

Edit: Here's an album with 3 those screenshots. I dyed wings in "Rosewood" and the rest Shadow Abyss color (gives it a purple hue on the wings) and will definitely experiment some more.https://imgur.com/a/JWmuJVo

I'll probably be changing colors from time to time, as this beauty dyes so well and looks good with almost any combination!I went with the classic dragon look for now, wanting that Smaug-like feel!

gw291.jpg

EDIT:How do you post thumbnail pictures here? >>

@Memoranda.9386 said:I instapurchased it. Very lovely and just what I was hoping for.

Also: the skin has a unique mount/unmount animation, and the engage ability is also different from standard model.

Yeah it breathes blue flame, and the circle on the ground appears all flowery and stuff.

I think secretly the designer for this skin is mad that not enough players are equipping Kudzu.

I was looking forward to getting a cool skin for my Skyscale but this one isn't my thing. I don't care for the wings mostly and was hoping for something meaner looking. Glad others like it though.

Edit: I just read on Reddit that is has a purple/pink aura to it that can't be changed with dyes. Ugh...

Yknow seriously, all the other skins I got for my other mounts, I still liked the base model, I just wanted different dye channels or particle effects. This skin makes me literally dislike the original Skyscale skin =(

I was ultimately holding out for a Starscale Skyscale, but after looking at this fairy dragon, I don't think I can use the stock Skyscale skin anymore..../cry

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:I don't care for the wings mostly and was hoping for something meaner looking.

I feel the same; was hoping for something a bit more dark and sinister; something that atcually looks like a dragon, not a butterfly I can squash with my foot :/ Guess we'll just have to wait for the next round of mount skins. I just hope we'll get some mount selection licenses for it.

@Josiah.2967 said:This might be a missed opportunity. The casuals and new players don't have the mount yet.

That isn’t stopping me! I bought two griffon skins and will buy this one even though I don’t have either of those mounts unlocked yet. I know I WILL have them, and it just bumps the priority among all the goals I’m working toward! :lol:

I was trying to convince myself I don't need a new skin-- but as a sylvari mesmer I just... I just gotta...

Butterfly dragon baby with nature themes??? I feel as though I've been personally targeted and I can't bring myself to be angry about it.