Dear Anet before you listen to all the haters about the ranger please read. I will keep it short.

silentsiren.4879

Toxicity has poisonined Rangers. In other words: Rangers are no longer an examptions to the Toxicity that has spread among the other professors who are Toxic.

Yes, Toxicity has also infected the Ranger profession by Toxic Balancing and Toxic design

(Rangers must be severely dealt with, with the others, with no exception)

Honestly, I believe that if they just made druid viable in terms of PvP (sPvP and WvW) most of these problems would be solved... Give the ranger profession as a whole some variation instead of "forcing" the roaming spec upon us - nobody wants any type of roaming build in their zerg group, but neither does all ranger want to herd dolyaks or decap points all day. Win-win.

Druid has next to zero usefulness outside of acting as a spirit herder in raids or fail-safe net in fracts... There are sooo many good suggestions regarding druids in these forums that I do not even know where to begin - but seeing as they just recently nerfed the druids potential for anything else but their current roles (pet stat reduction and stationary Elite skill)... Yeah, it does not look very bright :(

@"Dezember.1295" said:Honestly, I believe that if they just made druid viable in terms of PvP (sPvP and WvW) most of these problems would be solved... Give the ranger profession as a whole some variation instead of "forcing" the roaming spec upon us - nobody wants any type of roaming build in their zerg group, but neither does all ranger want to herd dolyaks or decap points all day. Win-win.

Druid has next to zero usefulness outside of acting as a spirit herder in raids or fail-safe net in fracts... There are sooo many good suggestions regarding druids in these forums that I do not even know where to begin - but seeing as they just recently nerfed the druids potential for anything else but their current roles (pet stat reduction and stationary Elite skill)... Yeah, it does not look very bright :(

I've actually encountered some very strong Druids in WvW lately. Granted, they were just great players who may have won regardless of spec, but to say Druid isn't viable isn't reflective of the one's I've fought post 'update.'

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:I've actually encountered some very strong Druids in WvW lately. Granted, they were just great players who may have won regardless of spec, but to say Druid isn't viable isn't reflective of the one's I've fought post 'update.'

That is interesting. I have not encountered many druids in zergs at all. Druid and thieves are the only professions in this game that does not have any viable zerg build AT ALL when you look for WvW zerg builds.

And as for roaming, in my personal experience- the few times I do see a druid they're dead within seconds. I am pretty confident to say that druid is not viable when it comes to WvW considering there isn't a single recommended build for druids in WvW anywhere. Not for roaming, not for zergs. That's not saying that they are a complete heap of garbage no matter what - excellent players can make pretty much anything work... But that's really a mute point since it doesn't prove anything at all - bringing a druid to a zerg when you could have been LITERALLY any other support profession is still considered a waste of squad boons... Ask any commander about that.

@Dezember.1295 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:I've actually encountered some very strong Druids in WvW lately. Granted, they were just great players who may have won regardless of spec, but to say Druid isn't viable isn't reflective of the one's I've fought post 'update.'

That is interesting. I have not encountered many druids in zergs at all. Druid and thieves are the only professions in this game that does not have any viable zerg build AT ALL when you look for WvW zerg builds.

And as for roaming, in my personal experience- the few times I do see a druid they're dead within seconds. I am pretty confident to say that druid is not viable when it comes to WvW considering there isn't a single recommended build for druids in WvW anywhere. Not for roaming, not for zergs. That's not saying that they are a complete heap of garbage no matter what - excellent players can make pretty much anything work... But that's really a mute point since it doesn't prove anything at all - bringing a druid to a zerg when you could have been LITERALLY any other support profession is still considered a waste of squad boons... Ask any commander about that.

I barely ever see druids anywhere. When I do they are usually just struggling to stay alive let alone provide support/damage. I just have a feeling Soulbeast will soon be stuffed to the bottom of the barrel with Druid due to all the outcry lately. Before long ranger is going to end up like thief, one viable core build.

@Dezember.1295 said:

The ones I found were while roaming. Oddly prior to the update I killed them no problem, but the current batch I've been seeing have been VERY good at the keep away game. Been seeing them running LB, SB, or Staff with the Entangle elite. Combinations of knockbacks, leaps, evades, and stealth to maximize distance between their targets while getting pot shots off in between gap openers, they use Entangle only once they're confident they've blown through your condi cleanse. Honestly its how a ranger should be played but not many do play them like that.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

I barely ever see druids anywhere. When I do they are usually just struggling to stay alive let alone provide support/damage. I just have a feeling Soulbeast will soon be stuffed to the bottom of the barrel with Druid due to all the outcry lately. Before long ranger is going to end up like thief, one viable core build.

Most of the one's I've seen have been on Yak's Bend. Where as Soulbeast is a rushed sniper the Druids I've been encountering lately have been more 'patient' in their tactics, more like hit and run to wear you down.

I have tried soulbeast for some time after I have experienced pew pew first hand. I was a ranger player before PoF so I knew the class a little. I can say that sic em needs to be adjusted but that is all. Other skills do not need any nerfs but buffs (staff, dagger, shortbow) in some cases. It is easy to kite your opponent if your opponent is bad. That is all. I have killed soulbeasts without much problem with DH, Holo and Warrior (they were not the best players, true but we are not talking about the best) and had quite hard time with my thief (I really suck at thief).

There are buggy skills and builds that need to be fixed, but apart from that ranger is "meh". Druid needs more love, staff needs to be an aoe weapon. Stance sharing sucks compared to other supportive skills and traits. All in all, if you are not faced vs a really skilled ranger player, it is not a problem. That is my opinion and experience ofc. And I am not a really good duelist.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@Eliren.4985 said:play a real class

Am very triggered

oof, already dropped thief? :astonished:

Eh, it's on the back burner. It's fun, I just find it lacking.

I just remember when you said thief's so strong because of no weapon cd and steal being basically warrior's burst... But now it's lacking, hmm...Found it a little ironic, but let's move on. :D

A bit more on topic: I disagree with OP and find this response to be pretty reasonable:

^^

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

Am very triggered

I just remember when you said thief's so strong because of no weapon cd and steal being basically warrior's burst... But now it's lacking, hmm...Found it a little ironic, but move on. :D

Oh no, am big triggered now. Much very.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

Am very triggered

I just remember when you said thief's so strong because of no weapon cd and steal being basically warrior's burst... But now it's lacking, hmm...Found it a little ironic, but move on. :D

I mean there's not much more you could say here, so no surprises, I enjoyed the hypocrisy though :lol:

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

Am very triggered

I mean there's not much more you could say here, so no surprises, I enjoyed the hypocrisy though :lol:

¯\(ツ)/¯ Why're you bringing up unrelated topics in a thread nothing about that. I still stand by what I said nonetheless. I find it lacking in build variety, not in power.

Am very triggered

¯\
(ツ)
/¯ Why're you bringing up unrelated topics in a thread nothing about that. I still stand by what I said nonetheless. I find it lacking in build variety, not in power.

Yeah, sure you do, that's why you moved to soulbeast :lol:

• Confused 1

Am very triggered

¯\
(ツ)
/¯ Why're you bringing up unrelated topics in a thread nothing about that. I still stand by what I said nonetheless. I find it lacking in build variety, not in power.

Where did I say I play soulbeast? I play melee core ranger when I do play ranger, thank you very much. I like how you're just watching and waiting for me to post to try to call me out all likeヽ༼ ಠ益ಠ ༽ノ

This is just getting further and further off topic for no reason dude, just chill yo jets. We're here to talk about ranger.

Am very triggered

¯\
(ツ)

Where did I say I play soulbeast? I play melee core ranger when I do play ranger, thank you very much. I like how you're just watching and waiting for me to post to try to call me out all like

Sure, that's what I'm doing :lol: At least your imagination keeps going strong.

This is just getting further and further off topic for no reason dude, just chill yo jets. We're here to talk about ranger.

Pretty chilled over here, just responding when you tag me o/

• Confused 1

@"alain.1659" said:I have tried soulbeast for some time after I have experienced pew pew first hand. I was a ranger player before PoF so I knew the class a little. I can say that sic em needs to be adjusted but that is all. Other skills do not need any nerfs but buffs (staff, dagger, shortbow) in some cases. It is easy to kite your opponent if your opponent is bad. That is all. I have killed soulbeasts without much problem with DH, Holo and Warrior (they were not the best players, true but we are not talking about the best) and had quite hard time with my thief (I really suck at thief).

There are buggy skills and builds that need to be fixed, but apart from that ranger is "meh". Druid needs more love, staff needs to be an aoe weapon. Stance sharing sucks compared to other supportive skills and traits. All in all, if you are not faced vs a really skilled ranger player, it is not a problem. That is my opinion and experience ofc. And I am not a really good duelist.

Yeah daggers and shortbow need some love for sure. I wish they'd take the flanking riders off of shortbow and its related trait and just let it do that amount of condi by default. The issues with Soulbeast really center around Attack of Opportunity and Sic'em, and even then primarily Sic'em. Others whine about boonbeast, as if sigils of absorption don't exist to counter boons on any class.

I think the root of the toxic view the playerbase has on the ranger is because its incredibly unfun to be +1 by a random 1800 longbow pewpew and downed in a second in WvW. Similar feeling like prenerfed Deadeyes 1shots etc.

Its possible that the history of longbow pewpews has clouded the judgement of soulbeasts/rangers other... less memebuilds?

I do think that soulbeasts benefits a bit too much with all damage amplifiers cough sick e'm cough, but could use some more evenly "spread out" amplifiers instead of all oompf in 1-2 buttons.

• 2 weeks later...

@"silentsiren.4879" said:The ranger class is in a sad state already. No matter what current spec or gear you bring. NON ask or wants you in WvW squads. The ranger dont need a nerf it needs rework or a new spec.

The ranger class are not vaild in wvw. We are put in "shame groups" (no buffs or as little as possible). Non is ever looking for a ranger in a squad for any WvW play. They laugh at you and say play a real class. Think hard before you kill or change any ability of the ranger. You will kill the ranger, that in its current state a very DEAD, HATED and very USELESS class for Wvw fights. I think its a big shame what some of these haters are saying. Just wanted you to hear from a ranger perspective.

Please Buff the class make some use full changes so we are asked to join the fun in WvW SQUAD play. I am so tired of these haters. If you change the class so it makes even less dmg? What use will it be then? Its a horror show already in its current state.

To the other players in here please dont flame, or be mean. We can all start to point out what advantages other classes have, I haven't done that. I am trying to keep my arguments clean from hate. Any other class is more wanted in WvW squad play.

Ps, I been playing Gw2 for soon 7 years. Before there was ranks in WvW. And mostly on ranger class.

Thank you for your time,

A bullied ranger danger class ( sad face) that's how some say and laugh at you.

What are you even talking about? I played around soulbeast with no Sic Em last night instead going for a balanced survival no gimmick build and I was not lacking for damage. The only thing you're afraid of is your 3 button autowin from 1800 yards away gimmick build being removed so you actually have to try.

Plenty of other viable soulbeast builds that you can play outside of the 2 popular ones.

I am a Ranger and I play WvW, I even play in a zerg. But my commander uses me in a different capacity as most. We have Rangers that are scouts and roamers. I am used at the garrison, where I am in charge of supply shipments, shrine taking and overall look out for the northern end of the map. and guess what it works great. I am not the best player but my Commander has worked around that by using my strentgh's to an advantage. I use the same build in Wvw that I do in open world. Yes I am a little squishy but I do not mind. It would be nice if the dev's would redo the long bow stats. A ranger witht he right stats, ruins and equipment could be one hell of a sniper