[suggestion] invisible commander tag

Safandula.8723

@TheGrimm.5624 said:WHY THE $? DIDN'T THAT MAKE IT TO PATCH NOTES! THAT IS AWESOME!

Can anyone confirm that it works as we expect. Aka you tag up and your group can see the tag and others can't? Is the work day over yet....need to be online.

If it is true than, thank you! Will making running havocs easier while not pulling people from the main tag that needs them.Seems to work, we tried tagging up, setting invisble and no one came.

Unless that's normal.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:Hi all, we mistakenly shipped a feature in today's release that isn't quite ready for live. We're still working on the Private Squad feature, so we're removing it in a hotfix today. We'll have it back in your hands as soon as it's ready!

Tease!! :smile: Thank you for letting us know. I was pretty excited to see it but will be happy with "it is on the way" for now

I'm fine with it in theory, especially with most small groups or even guild groups that don't run with pugs. That being said, I'd be cautious about its use since I will openly mock any commander that screams in chat for support only to have their tag hidden and no one come to help them because they were worried about a rando running with them.

@PookieDaWombat.6209 said:I'm fine with it in theory, especially with most small groups or even guild groups that don't run with pugs. That being said, I'd be cautious about its use since I will openly mock any commander that screams in chat for support only to have their tag hidden and no one come to help them because they were worried about a rando running with them.

I mean, look at the server you play on, it's only fair that what you type makes no sense.

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:Hi all, we mistakenly shipped a feature in today's release that isn't quite ready for live. We're still working on the Private Squad feature, so we're removing it in a hotfix today. We'll have it back in your hands as soon as it's ready!

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo o o o o o o o...Hopes, crushed. lol. So close, so so close. Didn't even get out work to see it shine, invisibly of course. Well at least you know this will be a big win for some of us, will call it forward looking feedback.

@PookieDaWombat.6209 said:I'm fine with it in theory, especially with most small groups or even guild groups that don't run with pugs. That being said, I'd be cautious about its use since I will openly mock any commander that screams in chat for support only to have their tag hidden and no one come to help them because they were worried about a rando running with them.

Still see this as more aid for smaller groups that are trying to move as a group but don't want to have people running to the wrong tag but still want their group to be able to quickly see direction changes.

But you are right if the main tags do this it would be worth a laugh. Where are you!?

maybe just me theorizing but if they DO release the invisible tag again, it will be with other WvW features and as a larger package.

MOST OF THE TIME, you wouldn't want to go invisible tag in PVE otherwise you'd get farmed by the raid boss.

I feel like this is more WvW tailored since there are many groups that want to run invisible and other things.(and maybe they will re-release this Friday on reset)

@MalinBlume.9314 said:maybe just me theorizing but if they DO release the invisible tag again, it will be with other WvW features and as a larger package.

MOST OF THE TIME, you wouldn't want to go invisible tag in PVE otherwise you'd get farmed by the raid boss.

I feel like this is more WvW tailored since there are many groups that want to run invisible and other things.(and maybe they will re-release this Friday on reset)

Not entirely. Guilds doing guild missions, or organized events, etc, run the issue of tagging up to include all guildies, but then having people running towards your event, having seen the tag, expecting a bounty, world boss, or something. This feature will be equally useful for PvE content.

Actually a really bad idea to implement this. WvW is struggling to get people as it is. A lot of times, players will look for a tag and if there are none, they will leave.

I definitely see the appeal to groups that want to run closed, but any group that is good does that effectively already.

@style.6173 said:Actually a really bad idea to implement this. WvW is struggling to get people as it is. A lot of times, players will look for a tag and if there are none, they will leave.

I definitely see the appeal to groups that want to run closed, but any group that is good does that effectively already.

People non-stop cry about blobs 24/7 in WvW. What happens when you tag up but wish to run small scale/guild only to improve together as a guild and focus on other objectives? Everyone and their mother flocks to you. Having the ability to tag invisible helps break up the blob mentality.

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:Hi all, we mistakenly shipped a feature in today's release that isn't quite ready for live. We're still working on the Private Squad feature, so we're removing it in a hotfix today. We'll have it back in your hands as soon as it's ready!

Noooo, better an incomplete feature than a no feature imho...:S