GW1 Hall of Monuments?

Is this still a thing? I didn't dive into GW until part 2, and then bought all the GW1 games when I found out that you could get titles and rewards from it to transfer into GW2. The control/graphics for GW1 at the time was a bit of a turn off for me, but I understand there was a recent revamp to boost it up a bit. I'd like to dig back in, and finish my playthrough (once I get a PW reset...it's been a long time!) and I was wondering if those rewards/titles still transfer over? I vaguely recall something about HoM being disabled for awhile.

I actually did a full Zero to Hero last year. Took me about three months of almost exclusive GW1, but I enjoyed it a lot. Then again, I did play that game for quite a long time, I just couldn't link my accounts. At the time I was angry, but in hindsight I'm actually glad, because having a reason beyond nostalgia to return to GW1 was great. I loved every minute of it. And my chars are all either Champs or GWAMMs, nothing compares to me.

Those three months shouldn't be a measure to you, though. Being a GW1-Vet cuts a 0 to 50/50 trip in half, probably more, so it's best to see this as something long-term^^

The key to getting the full 50, in the end, are the account titles. Therefore, what you want to do as soon as (mostly financially) possible is:

• open chests in normal mode whenever you come across them (buy lockpicks from other players in Kamadan, not from the vendor). You'll be doing this for the lucky and unlucky titles, as they don't need to be maxed out to display them in the HoM, they both only need to be Level 2! As soon as you reach Lucky Level 2, stop opening chests.

• getting your character through factions asap and then vanquishing the Jade Sea and the Echovald Forest in Hardmode during a double-it week for the Kurzick/Luxon titles, they need to be Level 4.

• farming for the gifts of the traveller every week and completing Zaishen Missions as often as possible and trading with other players the gifts and the silver Zaishen Coins for Zaishen Keys to open the Zaishen Chest. This title can be displayed at Level 3.

• once you've finished everything else and you're missing one more trophy to hit 50/50, open chests in hardmode from Boreal Station, so-called Chest-Run, until you reach Level 2 Unlucky. Basically, hitting level 2 Unlucky should be the very last thing you do to become Champion of the Gods, kind of ironic, don’t you think? ;)

A few more tips:

1) Missions

Some missions are hard to solo in hardmode with bonus. As you need the bonus for the title, it's best to team up with someone for these missions or have someone run it for you. The problem is: not many ppl play GW1 anymore. What you want to do is keep an eye on the Zaishen-Mission-Board. This is when those still playing will complete those missions for the extra rewards. The ones you might want to complete in this way are:

In Prophecies:

• Divinity Coast
  • Aurora Glade
  • Hell's Precipice

In Factions:

• The Eternal Grove (almost impossible to solo in HM, it's even tough in NM)
  • Imperial Sanctum (this one can be solo'd by Ele or Sin, you should find someone running it when it's Zaishen-Mission)

In Nightfall:

• Moddok Crevice
  • Ruins of Morah (can be solo'd by Monks, but there aren't many ppl left that do it, you might get lucky)
  • Gate of Pain
  • Gate of Madness

In Eye of the North:

• Assault on the Stronghold
  • Destruction's Depths
  • A Time for Heroes (can be solo'd by all classes, requires some experience, so you might want to have someone run it for you)

In general: before you complete any mission, read the wiki. There are many missions that are much easier when completed with a specific team composition or when following specific instructions (e.g. Gyala Hatchery and G.O.L.E.M. turn from really hard to really easy). Save yourself the frustration that will come if you just jump head forward into every mission.

Also: get Texmod and add "Cartography Made Easy Complete Collection". You'll want to do this from the very moment you start playing Prophecies and Factions, because the missions in those campaigns count towards the cartographer title. This will save you having to return at a later time.

2) Vanquishing

As stated above, you want to vanquish in the Jade Sea and the Echovald Forest during double-it-weeks. These double-its are on a rotation that you want to observe. Important double-it-weeks:

• Lightbringer/Sunspear for vanquishing in Nightfall
  • Luxon/Kurzick for vanquishing in Factions
  • Eye of the North for vanquishing and completing dungeons in Eye of the North
  • (Lucky/Unlucky can be utilized while vanquishing in Prophecies, but I wouldn't go so far and recommend it)

Furthermore: in Prophecies you can vanquish quite a few areas with a larger team than intended and I highly recommend doing so. This however will require a large allotment of time for the individual session, a stable internet connection is very important and you'll want to buy some merchant summoning stones, but it makes vanquishing Proph a breeze. Some will take a whole day, there is however no automatic logout in GW1, so as long as you have a stable internet connection you can take a break in between. I recommend the following sessions:

• start at Yak's Bend with a 6 man team, run south-east through Traveler's Vale and into Ascalon Foothills. Vanquish in the following order:Ascalon Foothills, (run through Diessa Lowlands and Flame Temple Corridor into Dragons Gullet, then continue vanquishing), Dragons Gullet, Flame Temple Corridor, Diessa Lowlands, The Breach, Old Ascalon, Regent Valley, Pockmark Flats, Eastern Frontier.

• start at Temple of the Ages with an 8 man team, run through The Black Curtain into Cursed Lands. Vanquish in the following order:Cursed Lands, Nebo Terrace, North Kryta Province, Scoundrel's Rise, Griffon's Mouth, Deldrimor Bowl, Anvil Rock, Iron Horse Mine, Traveler's Vale.

• start at Temple of the Ages with an 8 man team, run through The Black Curtain and Talmark Wilderness into Majesty's Rest. Vanquish in the following order:Majesty's Rest, Sage Lands, Mamnoon Lagoon, Silverwood, (run through Ettin's Back and Reed Bog into The Falls, then continue), The Falls, Reed Bog, Ettin's Back, Dry Top, Tangle Root.

• start at Temple of the Ages with an 8 man team, run throgh The Black Curtain into Kessex Peak. Vanquish in the following order:Kessex Peak, The Black Curtain, Talmark Wilderness, Tears of the Fallen, Twin Serpent Lakes, Stingray Strand.

• start at Camp Rankor with an 8 Man Team, enter Snake Dance and vanquish it, followed by Dreadnought's Drift and Lornar's Pass (Lornar's with a 6 man team truly is a nightmare...). BEWARE the statue of Grenth in Lornar’s Pass, one wrong click and you’ll unintendedly find yourself in the underworld. Happened to me, I cried. Hence why I know Lornar’s with a 6 man is a nightmare.

• start at Ruins of Morah or The Mouth of Torment (both in Nightfall) with an 8 man team, run through The Ruptured Heart into Crystal Overlook. In the north-western corner there is a portal to The Arid Sea, use it. Vanquish in the following order:The Arid Sea, (run through Skyward Reach into The Scar, then continue), The Scar, Skyward Reach, Vulture Drifts, Prophet's Path, Salt Flats, Diviner's Ascent.

There a more areas throughout the game that should be vanquished in a row for the lack of there being an outpost to start from, but they're easy to spot. Also, read the wiki page on "Vanquisher", theres a table that has specific tips to make certain areas easier to complete, this is especially important in factions (e.g. Zen Daijun, Bukdek Byway and Tahnnakai Temple only requiring 1 - 3 foes to vanquish, if the right quests are in your log).

IMPORTANT: Do not start Winds of Change before vanquishing Factions. Do not vanquish Kryta in Prophecies until after completing War in Kryta.

3) Other

There are small quests throughout the game that require you to fight solo, in this case meaning without your heroes to stand by you. In situations like these, remember these words: every class can play a spirit spammer.

The title "Legendary Master of the North" requires the most work for one title. You need a total 1000 Master of the North points, you can achieve 1030 points. This means you can skip some content and still receive the title. The hardest content to complete solo in EotN are the dungeons. 30 points works out to one dungeon in normal mode for 10 and one in hardmode for 20 points. I extremely highly can't stess it enough in any way possible recommend skipping Slaver's exile in normal and hardmode. It's a great dungeon in a team or as an experienced sin and the story is worth it, but Duncan the Black is awful to solo both in normal and in hardmode. Also, it is very time consuming.

If you don't care which class to take through all of this, both Ritualist and Necromancer are very strong if you prefer ranged (Ritualist is also good for that weekly gift farming). If you prefer melee or don't have a preference, go for Pious Teardowns Dervish. For your heroes (and builds in general), check out PVXWiki. I destroyed all content with my PT Derv and the 7-hero BiP Melee Support or variations of it due to limited team size. There is a downside to playing Dervish though: you can’t buy the Elite-Kurzick-Armor (or the Elite-Luxon, but that’s ugly anyway^^). So you’d have to create another character and play through Cantha to get that armor. Basically, there is no “weak” class in GW1, but when it comes to battling hardmode content, I wouldn’t recommend Monk or Elementalist. That is more personal preference, those classes just felt like they were having a harder time.

You'll need to complete at least two "Elite-Areas" to get 50/50, normal mode is sufficient. I recommend Sorrow's Furnace, it takes a while, but it's easy and the story is fantastic. The second area is basically obligatory anyway, as you have to complete a part of it for another trophy: The Fissure of Woe. Once you have all materials for the Obsidian Armor (you must have them in your inventory!!), complete the necessary quests in the FoW, get the armor and then complete the rest of the quests, two asurans with one boulder :)I can’t recommend doing the Underworld solo. There is at least one quest where certain NPCs can’t die if the quest isn’t to fail. And if it fails, you die and say bye bye UW. If that happens to you after 2+ hours, you’ll eat your keyboard, believe me.

Don’t buy Minipets!! You’ll be hanging around in Kamadan anyway and there are still players around giving away minipets for free or at least dirt-cheap.

For the Monument of Fellowship, the cheapest Hero Armors are the Primeval Armor Remnants for your Nightfall Heroes and the Cloths of the Brotherhood for your EotN Heroes. Take your time in Kamadan to get a bearing of the prices, as some ppl will try to get (much) more than they’re worth.

In August, there is an event called “Wayfarer's Reverie”. Complete this event to receive a tormented weapon, required for your HoM. For the rest just mix farming the materials for the destroyer weapons and the currency for the oppressor weapons.

When it comes to the question of which campaign to play first and whatnot, there really is no optimal way. It depends on so many things. For instance, if you plan to play the PT Derv, you’ll need Eternal Aura to be effective, which is a Factions Skill acquired with Luxon or Kurzick points. At the same time, you’ll want to get those heroes and some of the EotN skills as soon as possible. My personal recommendation would be: create a character anywhere and get it to level 10. Then go to Eye of the North and complete it. Then complete Nightfall for even more heroes, then Factions and lastly Prophecies. Skill and Hero optimization isn’t required until you begin your hardmode journey. Till then, it really doesn’t matter.

I’m sure there are many other tips out there to make things easier, but I think I’ve suggested the most important ones. Well, actually, there is one more, probably the most important of all: have fun. Guild Wars is a great, no, a fantastic and brilliant game. The story alone is the best I’ve played in any game ever and beats the story of the “sequel” by a long shot. You will have fun and you will feel one hell of a sense of achievement when you’re done.

Finally, I do believe my method to be the quickest and easiest, but definitely not the cheapest method to getting from 0 to 50. If you’re unsure which titles you still need, slap “Adelheid Alpenmaid” in the HoM calculator, compare it to yours and see what you’re missing. I’m fairly certain I bought the cheapest possible armors to complete the Monument of Resilience, so just copy me there.

Best of Luck and Unluck to you :)

It is still possible, but filling up your HoM to the max is very time consuming and may not be worth the time if you consider the amount of achievement points you get from it. However, GW1 is a great game, and if you enjoy playing it: Why not? But be prepared for a muli-year journey (Or multi-month, if you go all-in on it).

@Shep.4026 said this awesome stuff:I actually did a full Zero to Hero last year. Took me about three months of almost exclusive GW1, but I enjoyed it a lot. Then again, I did play that game for quite a long time, I just couldn't link my accounts. At the time I was angry, but in hindsight I'm actually glad, because having a reason beyond nostalgia to return to GW1 was great. I loved every minute of it. And my chars are all either Champs or GWAMMs, nothing compares to me.

Thanks for the in-depth rundown, Shep! When I jump back in, I'll make sure to reference this frequently!

• 2 months later...

@"Shep.4026" said:I actually did a full Zero to Hero last year. Took me about three months of almost exclusive GW1, but I enjoyed it a lot. Then again, I did play that game for quite a long time, I just couldn't link my accounts. At the time I was angry, but in hindsight I'm actually glad, because having a reason beyond nostalgia to return to GW1 was great. I loved every minute of it. And my chars are all either Champs or GWAMMs, nothing compares to me.

Those three months shouldn't be a measure to you, though. Being a GW1-Vet cuts a 0 to 50/50 trip in half, probably more, so it's best to see this as something long-term^^

The key to getting the full 50, in the end, are the account titles. Therefore, what you want to do as soon as (mostly financially) possible is:

• open chests in normal mode whenever you come across them (buy lockpicks from other players in Kamadan, not from the vendor). You'll be doing this for the lucky and unlucky titles, as they don't need to be maxed out to display them in the HoM, they both only need to be Level 2! As soon as you reach Lucky Level 2, stop opening chests.

• getting your character through factions asap and then vanquishing the Jade Sea and the Echovald Forest in Hardmode during a double-it week for the Kurzick/Luxon titles, they need to be Level 4.

• farming for the gifts of the traveller every week and completing Zaishen Missions as often as possible and trading with other players the gifts and the silver Zaishen Coins for Zaishen Keys to open the Zaishen Chest. This title can be displayed at Level 3.

• once you've finished everything else and you're missing one more trophy to hit 50/50, open chests in hardmode from Boreal Station, so-called Chest-Run, until you reach Level 2 Unlucky. Basically, hitting level 2 Unlucky should be the very last thing you do to become Champion of the Gods, kind of ironic, don’t you think? ;)

A few more tips:

1) Missions

Some missions are hard to solo in hardmode with bonus. As you need the bonus for the title, it's best to team up with someone for these missions or have someone run it for you. The problem is: not many ppl play GW1 anymore. What you want to do is keep an eye on the Zaishen-Mission-Board. This is when those still playing will complete those missions for the extra rewards. The ones you might want to complete in this way are:

In Prophecies:

• Divinity Coast
  • Aurora Glade
  • Hell's Precipice

In Factions:

• The Eternal Grove (almost impossible to solo in HM, it's even tough in NM)
  • Imperial Sanctum (this one can be solo'd by Ele or Sin, you should find someone running it when it's Zaishen-Mission)

In Nightfall:

• Moddok Crevice
  • Ruins of Morah (can be solo'd by Monks, but there aren't many ppl left that do it, you might get lucky)
  • Gate of Pain
  • Gate of Madness

In Eye of the North:

• Assault on the Stronghold
  • Destruction's Depths
  • A Time for Heroes (can be solo'd by all classes, requires some experience, so you might want to have someone run it for you)

In general: before you complete any mission, read the wiki. There are many missions that are much easier when completed with a specific team composition or when following specific instructions (e.g. Gyala Hatchery and G.O.L.E.M. turn from really hard to really easy). Save yourself the frustration that will come if you just jump head forward into every mission.

Also: get Texmod and add "Cartography Made Easy Complete Collection". You'll want to do this from the very moment you start playing Prophecies and Factions, because the missions in those campaigns count towards the cartographer title. This will save you having to return at a later time.

2) Vanquishing

As stated above, you want to vanquish in the Jade Sea and the Echovald Forest during double-it-weeks. These double-its are on a rotation that you want to observe. Important double-it-weeks:

• Lightbringer/Sunspear for vanquishing in Nightfall
  • Luxon/Kurzick for vanquishing in Factions
  • Eye of the North for vanquishing and completing dungeons in Eye of the North
  • (Lucky/Unlucky can be utilized while vanquishing in Prophecies, but I wouldn't go so far and recommend it)

Furthermore: in Prophecies you can vanquish quite a few areas with a larger team than intended and I highly recommend doing so. This however will require a large allotment of time for the individual session, a stable internet connection is very important and you'll want to buy some merchant summoning stones, but it makes vanquishing Proph a breeze. Some will take a whole day, there is however no automatic logout in GW1, so as long as you have a stable internet connection you can take a break in between. I recommend the following sessions:

• start at Yak's Bend with a 6 man team, run south-east through Traveler's Vale and into Ascalon Foothills. Vanquish in the following order:Ascalon Foothills, (run through Diessa Lowlands and Flame Temple Corridor into Dragons Gullet, then continue vanquishing), Dragons Gullet, Flame Temple Corridor, Diessa Lowlands, The Breach, Old Ascalon, Regent Valley, Pockmark Flats, Eastern Frontier.

• start at Temple of the Ages with an 8 man team, run through The Black Curtain into Cursed Lands. Vanquish in the following order:Cursed Lands, Nebo Terrace, North Kryta Province, Scoundrel's Rise, Griffon's Mouth, Deldrimor Bowl, Anvil Rock, Iron Horse Mine, Traveler's Vale.

• start at Temple of the Ages with an 8 man team, run through The Black Curtain and Talmark Wilderness into Majesty's Rest. Vanquish in the following order:Majesty's Rest, Sage Lands, Mamnoon Lagoon, Silverwood, (run through Ettin's Back and Reed Bog into The Falls, then continue), The Falls, Reed Bog, Ettin's Back, Dry Top, Tangle Root.

• start at Temple of the Ages with an 8 man team, run throgh The Black Curtain into Kessex Peak. Vanquish in the following order:Kessex Peak, The Black Curtain, Talmark Wilderness, Tears of the Fallen, Twin Serpent Lakes, Stingray Strand.

• start at Camp Rankor with an 8 Man Team, enter Snake Dance and vanquish it, followed by Dreadnought's Drift and Lornar's Pass (Lornar's with a 6 man team truly is a nightmare...). BEWARE the statue of Grenth in Lornar’s Pass, one wrong click and you’ll unintendedly find yourself in the underworld. Happened to me, I cried. Hence why I know Lornar’s with a 6 man is a nightmare.

• start at Ruins of Morah or The Mouth of Torment (both in Nightfall) with an 8 man team, run through The Ruptured Heart into Crystal Overlook. In the north-western corner there is a portal to The Arid Sea, use it. Vanquish in the following order:The Arid Sea, (run through Skyward Reach into The Scar, then continue), The Scar, Skyward Reach, Vulture Drifts, Prophet's Path, Salt Flats, Diviner's Ascent.

There a more areas throughout the game that should be vanquished in a row for the lack of there being an outpost to start from, but they're easy to spot. Also, read the wiki page on "Vanquisher", theres a table that has specific tips to make certain areas easier to complete, this is especially important in factions (e.g. Zen Daijun, Bukdek Byway and Tahnnakai Temple only requiring 1 - 3 foes to vanquish, if the right quests are in your log).

IMPORTANT: Do not start Winds of Change before vanquishing Factions. Do not vanquish Kryta in Prophecies until after completing War in Kryta.

3) Other

There are small quests throughout the game that require you to fight solo, in this case meaning without your heroes to stand by you. In situations like these, remember these words: every class can play a spirit spammer.

The title "Legendary Master of the North" requires the most work for one title. You need a total 1000 Master of the North points, you can achieve 1030 points. This means you can skip some content and still receive the title. The hardest content to complete solo in EotN are the dungeons. 30 points works out to one dungeon in normal mode for 10 and one in hardmode for 20 points. I extremely highly can't stess it enough in any way possible recommend skipping Slaver's exile in normal and hardmode. It's a great dungeon in a team or as an experienced sin and the story is worth it, but Duncan the Black is awful to solo both in normal and in hardmode. Also, it is very time consuming.

If you don't care which class to take through all of this, both Ritualist and Necromancer are very strong if you prefer ranged (Ritualist is also good for that weekly gift farming). If you prefer melee or don't have a preference, go for Pious Teardowns Dervish. For your heroes (and builds in general), check out PVXWiki. I destroyed all content with my PT Derv and the 7-hero BiP Melee Support or variations of it due to limited team size. There is a downside to playing Dervish though: you can’t buy the Elite-Kurzick-Armor (or the Elite-Luxon, but that’s ugly anyway^^). So you’d have to create another character and play through Cantha to get that armor. Basically, there is no “weak” class in GW1, but when it comes to battling hardmode content, I wouldn’t recommend Monk or Elementalist. That is more personal preference, those classes just felt like they were having a harder time.

You'll need to complete at least two "Elite-Areas" to get 50/50, normal mode is sufficient. I recommend Sorrow's Furnace, it takes a while, but it's easy and the story is fantastic. The second area is basically obligatory anyway, as you have to complete a part of it for another trophy: The Fissure of Woe. Once you have all materials for the Obsidian Armor (you must have them in your inventory!!), complete the necessary quests in the FoW, get the armor and then complete the rest of the quests, two asurans with one boulder :)I can’t recommend doing the Underworld solo. There is at least one quest where certain NPCs can’t die if the quest isn’t to fail. And if it fails, you die and say bye bye UW. If that happens to you after 2+ hours, you’ll eat your keyboard, believe me.

Don’t buy Minipets!! You’ll be hanging around in Kamadan anyway and there are still players around giving away minipets for free or at least dirt-cheap.

For the Monument of Fellowship, the cheapest Hero Armors are the Primeval Armor Remnants for your Nightfall Heroes and the Cloths of the Brotherhood for your EotN Heroes. Take your time in Kamadan to get a bearing of the prices, as some ppl will try to get (much) more than they’re worth.

In August, there is an event called “Wayfarer's Reverie”. Complete this event to receive a tormented weapon, required for your HoM. For the rest just mix farming the materials for the destroyer weapons and the currency for the oppressor weapons.

When it comes to the question of which campaign to play first and whatnot, there really is no optimal way. It depends on so many things. For instance, if you plan to play the PT Derv, you’ll need Eternal Aura to be effective, which is a Factions Skill acquired with Luxon or Kurzick points. At the same time, you’ll want to get those heroes and some of the EotN skills as soon as possible. My personal recommendation would be: create a character anywhere and get it to level 10. Then go to Eye of the North and complete it. Then complete Nightfall for even more heroes, then Factions and lastly Prophecies. Skill and Hero optimization isn’t required until you begin your hardmode journey. Till then, it really doesn’t matter.

I’m sure there are many other tips out there to make things easier, but I think I’ve suggested the most important ones. Well, actually, there is one more, probably the most important of all: have fun. Guild Wars is a great, no, a fantastic and brilliant game. The story alone is the best I’ve played in any game ever and beats the story of the “sequel” by a long shot. You will have fun and you will feel one hell of a sense of achievement when you’re done.

Finally, I do believe my method to be the quickest and easiest, but definitely not the cheapest method to getting from 0 to 50. If you’re unsure which titles you still need, slap “Adelheid Alpenmaid” in the HoM calculator, compare it to yours and see what you’re missing. I’m fairly certain I bought the cheapest possible armors to complete the Monument of Resilience, so just copy me there.

You, sir/madam, deserve multiple thumbs up. Kudos! I cant thank you enough.