Mounting/Camera bug

There is a mount related bug where upon mounting, the mount doesn't appear, the camera freezes in place, and if you move you can see your character half through the floor running off into the sunset without the camera following. Both my roommate and I have experiences this bug on multiple occasions. It doesn't seem to matter which mount you use either. We've seen it happen with all five.

This happens for me sometimes, if I arrive at some spot after a loading screen, immediately mount and immediately start running after the loading screen has finished. The camera is fixed for a second or two, and I see my character speeding away without the camera following. One second later, the camera pops to my character, I am displayed as mounted, and all is normal again.

It's some kind of lag, probably due to the game still loading textures/graphics assets after arriving at this spot. While the game is still loading graphics assets, it seems the camera is fixed at the starting point if the character is in mount mode. This does not happen if not mounted. If I start running unmounted and not all graphics assets are loaded, the camera is following and was always following for the past years.

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:A patch fix was released long ago for this issue. For most players, that solved the problem.

It may be your old computer, or something else. You can contact the Tech CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below, if you so desire.

Good luck.

In my experience, it's working correctly these days for gemstore skins, but still bugged on default skins. It's more pronounced the longer your load times are (due to slow hard drive, full memory, whatever).

When the mount skin is still loading, the camera is stuck in one spot, though the invisible mount is free to move around. Once the skin loads, the camera snaps to the mount's location. If the player dismounts before the skin loads, they find themselves at the stuck camera location instead of the mount location (that is, they are teleported). Only happens for me with default skins, so I mostly notice it on my key farm characters or skyscale.