T2 "match fixing"

meixing.5439

Are you saying that a manipulation is the only way that two servers could match in score?How would they accomplish this, given how difficult it is to get everyone on the same map to agree to the same strategy for the night, never mind for the full week?

And other than the novelty of a tie, what benefit accrues to the worlds?

Besides which: neither coordinating nor double-teaming is against the rules.

As someone on a server trying to escape week after week of aforementioned wildly unbalanced cruise control server I still find it somewhat amusing.If two servers can coordinate a successful tie, all the more power to them. At most its a fault of the system, not the players.

~ Kovu

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@style.6173 said:More specifically, ANET should stop giving BG a pairing. Not sure how it is good for WvW as a whole to hear people yell at others to stop playing so that we don't get more points.

Bg actually going to lose. Anet pocketed a nice 35k gems i bet w the 70 tranfers to get it done. Fun to watch tho

Yeah, bet NCSOFT sanctioned this. $437.50 will be massive on the books for the shareholders.

Anyways, non-tinfoil hat reply here - they could just tiebreak based on the background glicko that's still in the code. Not sure if it's worth it though. Kinda feel sorry for them though. They could try to use their influence on the scores to topple BG out of T1, but 'meh'

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Are you saying that a manipulation is the only way that two servers could match in score?How would they accomplish this, given how difficult it is to get everyone on the same map to agree to the same strategy for the night, never mind for the full week?

2 collaborating commanders is how it's done (and they know who they are).

Easy fix for Anet to stop this behavior; move both tied servers up a Tier, while moving the other 2 down. Then watch how fast ties never happen again.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Are you saying that a manipulation is the only way that two servers could match in score?How would they accomplish this, given how difficult it is to get everyone on the same map to agree to the same strategy for the night, never mind for the full week?

2 collaborating commanders is how it's done (and they know who they are).

Easy fix for Anet to stop this behavior; move both tied servers up a Tier, while moving the other 2 down. Then watch how fast ties never happen again.

2 commanders are not going to be able to pull ties off. Ties require more than a little luck, and the stars aligning just perfectly.

@Kovu.7560 said:As someone on a server trying to escape week after week of aforementioned wildly unbalanced cruise control server I still find it somewhat amusing.If two servers can coordinate a successful tie, all the more power to them. At most its a fault of the system, not the players.

~ Kovu

Time to roll up that F2P account (or alt) and help out on a T2 server ;)

@Chaba.5410 said:

@Kovu.7560 said:As someone on a server trying to escape week after week of aforementioned wildly unbalanced cruise control server I still find it somewhat amusing.If two servers can coordinate a successful tie, all the more power to them. At most its a fault of the system, not the players.

~ Kovu

Time to roll up that F2P account (or alt) and help out on a T2 server ;)

Yeah, 'cause that's how I plan to spend my two-hours-per-week of gw2 playtime. =p

~ Kovu

its not hard to manipulate points. supposing server 1 2 3.

each has same score. the strongest one simply has to focus on one team so x or y goes up or down or catches up.

and if the community leaders of each group does it, they can manipulate the score as they will.

only the stronger team can do this, but if one guy decides 1 2 will tie, they will.