What are the combined trinkets supposed to be or represent?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/bvipum/i_am_loving_the_new_legendary_accessory/

I don’t understand the visual effects or how they are supposed to be aesthetically pleasing... What are the combined effects supposed to be? In what way are the effects supposed to compliment our character’s appearance?

Edit- Ok, so, after a couple years the legendary medium armor was made to look like a “battle dress” that doesn’t make the character look ready for battle in either state. Didn’t, and still don’t, see how it fits with the “Adventurer professions” that are “Masters of mechanical mayhem”, “masters of their natural surroundings” and “expert in the shadow arts.”...

I know everyone has their own tastes, but was I wrong to have imagined the “legendary” armor of adventuring engineers, rangers and thieves to look differently than this?

Now, I’m asking myself what the trinkets are supposed to be from a visual standpoint... Ok, 1 used creates wisps of energy. 2 combined are purplish wisps of energy. 3 combined make wisps of energy that are tethered to a rock inside of a cell wall that hovers above the characters head?

Why are these legendaries so odd individually and combined? Is there a lore purpose that I’m not understanding? I’m completely befuddled again, after a combined total of like 4 years of waiting between the legendary items from raids, as to how they fit our characters or in the gw2 world.

I kind of think it's like a different version of the moral in The Emperor's New Clothes. They're trying to see just how silly and ugly a thing they can make and have people still wear it because of the "status" it represents. All the 3 accessory people will think they look cool, while everyone else snickers behind their backs that they essentially have a big blob of black excrement wriggling above their heads as a status symbol.

I thought it was some kind of buff or effect from the ley line event at world bosses.

It's... certainly something... I can only guess that when you equip the other ring and the amulet it will collapse into a black hole and delete your character.

I certainly don't feel like I'm missing out by not having it. Which is a plus, I suppose, as I don't raid.