Delete ALL stealth or balance the field

cobbah.3102

@"Anput.4620" said:Delete necro or give all professions high damaging yellow pools of AoE to even the playing field!

Or give necros copious amounts of access to stealth and mobility to even the playing field. Necro is basically a free kill. But hey, rock, paper, scissors right? There are counters to most classes and builds from 1 build to another (even that dreaded Soulbeast). But of course, players can't be bothered to learn how to counter, or simply expect the class and build they are playing can't compete with every other class or build.

This doesn't exactly apply to stealth though, there is no real counter to it, because simply, a player can run away if things aren't going their way. Any type of reveal is a joke most of the time. Which basically leads us to.... what is the exact downside to using stealth? How do you punish a player exactly who uses stealth on any available build in the game? Now suppose if Anet implemented a "50% extra damage from all damage sources while in stealth" well now that is a counter and a downside to using it. Currently there is nothing, so stealth should in fact either be limited.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dami.5046 said:Funny how people want holos/mesmer/SB/most classes nerfed, but as soon as some says about stealth people fight hammer and tong not to have it nerfed.Fancy that.

Almost like none of those classes were supposed to have it in excess and that there's one built around it.

Even as a thief I think it shouldn't be stackable, though. INI costs can come down as a consequence and it lets some traits/lines get reworked rather than always hinging on being either OP or useless.

@"cobbah.3102" said:About time stealth was deleted or stopped being perma it is beyond ridiculous or give every character stealth or removal. This game has turned into a mess and not close to being balanced forget the Gem store and balance WvW Thank You

The only part of your post I would dispute is the, "Turned into", part. Stealth was always a mess. In every game. Ever.

While i get the whole stealth hate, i also appreciate that we have such a mechanic. It adds so much diversity to the already adaptive gameplay one can have using and facing it. Over the years, from my observation. It's the same in most cases, deer in headlights once they know a stealther is there. It saddens me that those of us who choose to outright kill said stealther or die trying, i'm happy regardless of the result. Some people just don't like to change the way they play and adapt to the given situation. Now you can dice it six ways to sunday but the fact remains we have to adapt in some way or continue dying.

Take this from someone who has a number of disabilities hindering ones gameplay. Thanks to a few people, likes of Henrik, Supcutie, Gaile Grey, my lovely wife Character Slot "who has more necros than a bull can turd out" and others who have helped me along the way in some way, shape or form, I've adapted, grown & come a long way in many ways in all game modes. When i started WvW couldn't kill a paper bag, now, i can solo roam/group play comfortably and confidently on multiple classes with multiple different builds....that i adapt with on the fly during play.

Despite this, always room for improvement. Adapt, learn & then play the way you want. There are many ways to dice a cake & eat it. Risk it all whole or take your time & slice it into manageable slices. Chew your food peoples.

PS: It helps to dodge, really, it does. :)

~J

I'd love to balance the field but that would involve removing "Marked" and "Watchtower"...WvW is extremely hateful towards Thief, most of its mechanics are designed to give Thief a handicap, so yes, lets balance the field.We could add in mechanics where people take DOT for stacking up in groups of 5 or more.We could add in mechanics that stop Necros from using shroud skillsWe could add in Mechanics to block Firebrand Tomes.

Or is this one of those threads where we want to gut Thief even more?

@"sephiroth.4217" said:I'd love to balance the field but that would involve removing "Marked" and "Watchtower"...WvW is extremely hateful towards Thief, most of its mechanics are designed to give Thief a handicap, so yes, lets balance the field.We could add in mechanics where people take DOT for stacking up in groups of 5 or more.We could add in mechanics that stop Necros from using shroud skillsWe could add in Mechanics to block Firebrand Tomes.

Or is this one of those threads where we want to gut Thief even more?Thieves are like Mosquitos, annoying but thats about it, no real danger.

Not about thief its about the kitten stealth overall .

@cobbah.3102 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:I'd love to balance the field but that would involve removing "Marked" and "Watchtower"...WvW is extremely hateful towards Thief, most of its mechanics are designed to give Thief a handicap, so yes, lets balance the field.We could add in mechanics where people take DOT for stacking up in groups of 5 or more.We could add in mechanics that stop Necros from using shroud skillsWe could add in Mechanics to block Firebrand Tomes.

Or is this one of those threads where we want to gut Thief even more?Thieves are like Mosquitos, annoying but thats about it, no real danger.

And which class was balanced and designed around stealth?Which class has traits dedicated to sustain via stealth?Which class has traits dedicated to damage via stealth?Which class has one of the lowest HP pools because its class was designed around stealth?If we removed stealth, which class would need a rework across 3 different E-Specs to compensate?

These questions go on, removing stealth means probably a good year of just re-designing Thief alone.I don't think people realize what they suggest in their knee jerk hate for stealth, a lot of us learnt how to play around it even before the extreme handicapping of marked was introduced and even with the extreme handicapping, most won't bother how to learn to deal with stealth or even ask for help.

.... And before someone jumps at me with thief main accusations, only 1 thief out of 32 characters.. I'm a Tempest main, and even though our ability to track stealth targets via Dagger fire 1 auto attack was removed, there are still ways to track stealthed targets, even as a Tempest of all classes. (on hit proc sigils for example or Air overload)

In fact, I could go through every single class and use reliable skills or ways to counter stealth.DH is probably one of my favorites just from using Spear of Justice for example.

Instead of making "DelEtE StEaLtH" threads, how about posting your class or spec and asking for someone here to help improve your game play?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:I'd love to balance the field but that would involve removing "Marked" and "Watchtower"...WvW is extremely hateful towards Thief, most of its mechanics are designed to give Thief a handicap, so yes, lets balance the field.We could add in mechanics where people take DOT for stacking up in groups of 5 or more.We could add in mechanics that stop Necros from using shroud skillsWe could add in Mechanics to block Firebrand Tomes.

And which class was balanced and designed around stealth?Which class has traits dedicated to sustain via stealth?Which class has traits dedicated to damage via stealth?Which class has one of the lowest HP pools because its class was designed around stealth?If we removed stealth, which class would need a rework across 3 different E-Specs to compensate?

These questions go on, removing stealth means probably a good year of just re-designing Thief alone.I don't think people realize what they suggest in their knee jerk hate for stealth, a lot of us learnt how to play around it even before the extreme handicapping of marked was introduced and even with the extreme handicapping, most won't bother how to learn to deal with stealth or even ask for help.

.... And before someone jumps at me with thief main accusations, only 1 thief out of 32 characters.. I'm a Tempest main, and even though our ability to track stealth targets via Dagger fire 1 auto attack was removed, there are still ways to track stealthed targets, even as a Tempest of all classes. (on hit proc sigils for example or Air overload)

In fact, I could go through every single class and use reliable skills or ways to counter stealth.DH is probably one of my favorites just from using Spear of Justice for example.

Instead of making "DelEtE StEaLtH" threads, how about posting your class or spec and asking for someone here to help improve your game play?

Such a diatribe it isnt about my gameplay i'm fine with it it was about stealth sighh

@cobbah.3102 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:I'd love to balance the field but that would involve removing "Marked" and "Watchtower"...WvW is extremely hateful towards Thief, most of its mechanics are designed to give Thief a handicap, so yes, lets balance the field.We could add in mechanics where people take DOT for stacking up in groups of 5 or more.We could add in mechanics that stop Necros from using shroud skillsWe could add in Mechanics to block Firebrand Tomes.

Such a diatribe it isnt about my gameplay i'm fine with it it was about stealth sighh

why make a thread if youre fine with it?

seems a bit redundant if you ask me and a huge waste of time.

You basically advocated for removing stealth for no reason outside of boredom and wanting to make a thread.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

You basically advocated for removing stealth for no reason outside of boredom and wanting to make a thread.

And you seem to add to the thread with nonsense which is way off the subject , of deleting stealth.

@cobbah.3102 said:

And you seem to add to the thread with nonsense which is way off the subject , of deleting stealth.

I initially responded without knowing you were bored and making redundant threads for no reason.

Now, you're suggesting im the one to blame for your lack of foresight and reasoning? psh

@sephiroth.4217 said:

I initially responded without knowing you were bored and making redundant threads for no reason.

Now, you're suggesting im the one to blame for your lack of foresight and reasoning? psh

No actually your the one to blame for running your mouth off about totally irrelevant subject matter, never once did I mention I was bored with stealth just that it was boring and should be deleted

Theres nothing irrelevant about my posts in fact.

I went to offer someone help and turns out they just want stealth deleted for no reason.Not only that but I gave sound and reasonable feedback about how it might effect thief in a bad way and you become super defensive about it.

Im sorry if your lack of forethought backfired on you but this is what happens when you waste peoples time with redundant posts.I feel like a moron for even trying to help somone that has thier head up thier ***.

At least we could clarify that theres no issue with stealth except your own issues, bored with stealth as you say.

So off that clarification, I dont believe stealth should be deleted just because your bored, there should be solid grounds to base your side on but there isn't except youre bored.So stealth is fine. You said its fine too, so why even bothet with all this nonsense to begin with?

To Clarify I am not Bored with stealth I said it is boring and crippiling this game I have played since the beginning so if you would care to dismount from your high horse and read statements correctly. pftt

@Androx.8572 said:Not a single person likes losing, specially if they feel they have put too much on their character.Stealth is not stupid , it is a skill which has pros and cons.What I think , is that player who dont stealth need to TRAIN to have a good strategy versus people who stealth.Change your strategy , and you might find it easier, because after all , characters who use stealth are ultra squishy.xoxo

Sadly the characters, that tend to have stealth might be ultra-squishy, but at the same time they are also ultra-mobile, because stealth alone doesn't win the game. What I typically see happening is that the stealthers attack and if the attack doesn't pay off as intended, they stealth and gtfo with no chance of catching up - unless you are also on one of those ultra-mobile classes.I am sure counterplay against that is possible, but it's not easy at all. You can try to stunlock or CC your opponent, but if you mess up once, it's typically over. No chance to catch up then.

@cobbah.3102 said:

No actually your the one to blame for running your mouth off about totally irrelevant subject matter, never once did I mention I was bored with stealth just that it was boring and should be deleted

Theres nothing irrelevant about my posts in fact.

I went to offer someone help and turns out they just want stealth deleted for no reason.Not only that but I gave sound and reasonable feedback about how it might effect thief in a bad way and you become super defensive about it.

Im sorry if your lack of forethought backfired on you but this is what happens when you waste peoples time with redundant posts.I feel like a moron for even trying to help somone that has thier head up thier ***.

At least we could clarify that theres no issue with stealth except your own issues, bored with stealth as you say.

So off that clarification, I dont believe stealth should be deleted just because your bored, there should be solid grounds to base your side on but there isn't except youre bored.So stealth is fine. You said its fine too, so why even bothet with all this nonsense to begin with?

To Clarify I am not Bored with stealth I said it is boring and crippiling this game I have played since the beginning so if you would care to dismount from your high horse and read statements correctly. pftt

exactly, you think stealth is boring and in turn that boredom created this thread. its not hard to understand. Key factor is you and your boredom, no one elses.But thats enough discussing this, its such a simple subject to understand that no one should ever have to explain it.

so..The thread wasnt based on anything substantial except your own boredom, which is fine. The point being is that boredom is what created this instead of anything substantial and backed up with the info about thief I personally say its one of the worst ideas ive ever heard in 6+ years.

I am reading properly but you're not comprehending what youre saying.

@cobbah.3102 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Its people like you that unnecessary destroy this great game with your selfish and thoughtless posts just because your effin bored.

My my you really have a problem with understanding plain english , love pontificating people like you , you are the one on about thief you must love them so. pfft

My english is fine but it feels like Im having a discussion with someone who isn't even 16 yet.

The thing about thief is that its one logical and sound reasoning and feedback as to why removing stealth would be more of a hassle than anything positive.

Again, why create these threads? it was constructive feedback of which you clarified that you only made the thread due to your boredom.

I truly dislike how stealth works in this game. It might be the most non interactive form of stealth I have ever seen. Usually stealth mechanics have limitations such as slower movement speed, being more visible when close to enemies in front of them, getting unstealthed when hit and having limited capability of restealthing in combat. GW2 stealth violates all of these potential downsides of stealth.

However, thief was designed around this broken mechanic because other professions can have double the health for merely existing with no significant drawback. I also remember when guardian and ele used to have more boons because of this and ele had more damage. Good times. There has been a tendency of nerfing or giving away the mechanics that compensated for the low HP that these classes have. You have so many different professions running around with the same or better boons than an elementalist, while needing less defensive stats to sustain themselves. You have engineers and rangers having ample access to stealth, despite having medium HP pools and numerous advantages over thief, such as better burst and better sustain.

How about we do something about these issues before we destroy these classes more? Yes, even guardian. If firebrand was not the only stability bot what exactly do you think would happen? Either give thief some real advantages or fix the HP disparity before looking at stealth. And no, mobility is not an advantage here. It was given away to higher HP tier classes. Though the other low HP tier classes didn't get much new mobility. Really makes you think.

Not liking stealth or being annoyed by players using stealth is understandable. Problem is a class (thief) has been designed down to it's very core to rely on mobility and stealth as its means of survival. If stealth gets anymore nerfs as its already suffered many thief would have to get significant compensation elsewhere, especially if stealth in combat was removed. As much as a lot of u guys hate thief as a class and want it deleted it is a part of this game as much as any class is. U guys want a glassy class to have part of its survivability removed. Thief is already the fragile killer class that doesnt have the ttk that's fast enough to win most fights but cant sustain itself in longer fights and u want stealth nerfed more lmao c'mon. I myself thing a cloaking ability woulda been far better than true invisibility line the predators cloak. Its should a been long duration as well so players of thief could enjoy being sneaky against unaware players who arent paying attention to their surroundings and woulda got rid of the need for carpal tunnel inducing stealth stacking we have now constantly leaping through smoke fields for most of ur playtime which isn't fun. All while making stealth less broken.

@Kaiser.9873 said:

@Androx.8572 said:Not a single person likes losing, specially if they feel they have put too much on their character.Stealth is not stupid , it is a skill which has pros and cons.What I think , is that player who dont stealth need to TRAIN to have a good strategy versus people who stealth.Change your strategy , and you might find it easier, because after all , characters who use stealth are ultra squishy.xoxo

Enumerate the cons to stealth.

Try to 1v1 a holosmith as a deadeye without stealth to see what you give up to have access to so much stealth.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

@"Anput.4620" said:Delete necro or give all professions high damaging yellow pools of AoE to even the playing field!

Or give necros copious amounts of access to stealth and mobility to even the playing field. Necro is basically a free kill. But hey, rock, paper, scissors right? There are counters to most classes and builds from 1 build to another (even that dreaded Soulbeast). But of course, players can't be bothered to learn how to counter, or simply expect the class and build they are playing can't compete with every other class or build.

This doesn't exactly apply to stealth though, there is no real counter to it, because simply, a player can run away if things aren't going their way. Any type of reveal is a joke most of the time. Which basically leads us to.... what is the exact downside to using stealth? How do you punish a player exactly who uses stealth on any available build in the game? Now suppose if Anet implemented a "50% extra damage from all damage sources while in stealth" well now that is a counter and a downside to using it. Currently there is nothing, so stealth should in fact either be limited.

If necro is so bad then why is most of WvW necros? Sounds like their lack of these things is a tradeoff for being good in other things hmmmm...

Try to 1v1 a holosmith as a deadeye without stealth to see what you give up to have access to so much stealth.

Sure, but you would have to heavily buff all professions that use it. What specific issues are you having with stealth professions (I'm assuming Deadeye if it's "perma")? For instance if you're a scourge built for WvW zerging and getting jumped by roaming deadeye when you're lagging behind your team then that's acceptable. They are built specifically to kill those kinds of players and you are not built to deal with that kind of situation. They wouldn't have such as easy time against something like Dragonhunter on the other hand who has reveal, good melee AoE and good ranged pressure. You make builds with trade offs which means not every scenario will be in your favor and most just don't build with fighting a stealth profession in mind.