WvW need some kind of timer based destroyable mobile Waypoint portal siege machine

Knighthonor.4061

@"getalifeturd.8139" said:You mean something like this from Elder Scrolls Online? https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Forward_CampsWell the reason for that is because the distances between single objectives in ESO is larger than or roughly equal to the entire length of EB. So for a map thats... I dont know, ~25 times larger than any GW2 map... you kind of wanted more waypoints closer to battle to keep up the pace of combat. One of the reasons Cyrodiil fell flat on it face upon launch was that the forward camps where broken (and still broken 2 months later I think).

Anyway, point is there is a reason for the forward camp in ESO to exist. There is no such reason in GW2.

No, this is not a good idea ... there needs to be SOME kind of time penalty for deaths. The whole point of defeating your enemy isn't so they pseudo-instantly pop back into the action. Warclaw has lessened the while keeping the time penalty reasonable and also not completely risk free either.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"getalifeturd.8139" said:You mean something like this from Elder Scrolls Online?
Well the reason for that is because the distances between single objectives in ESO is larger than or roughly equal to the entire length of EB. So for a map thats... I dont know, ~25 times larger than any GW2 map... you kind of wanted more waypoints closer to battle to keep up the pace of combat. One of the reasons Cyrodiil fell flat on it face upon launch was that the forward camps where broken (and still broken 2 months later I think).

Anyway, point is there is a reason for the forward camp in ESO to exist. There is no such reason in GW2.

Rofl I remember when I started playing eso I didn't know how to use the travel system. I rode my horse a couple times from spawn to keeps on the front line until I asked in chat how to use it. People don't know what large maps are until they experience that...

@"getalifeturd.8139" said:You mean something like this from Elder Scrolls Online? https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Forward_Camps

Wow yes very good addition to WvW. I want to see more defensive large scale fights on towers and other structures besides SMC and keeps. I wouldn't mind a good 20 min battle every now and then at one of these places.

If it transform you into a Simple-Foot Soldier with Minimal Stats and Attacks for 10min , after you have you used Forward Portal .(ppl using the Core game , or Lowlvl, or No Elites are excluded)Or whoever holding the portal should be marked in the mapOr simply using the newly WvWvW mount to go there

• 1 month later...

No it needs plain and simple balance, some care and attention to detail taken by developers that actually care what is going on. That is literally all it needs along with listening to the concerns of the player base that actually plays WVW as opposed to snowflakes who played PVE.