Help me perfect Support Deadeye

iKeostuKen.2738

Hey everyone, after days of playing firebrand I decided I needed something fast paced but also missed the aspect of supporting teammates with tons of boons. After doing some random experiments with slotting stuff on and off I think I came up with something unique.

Build for WvWhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaUnkFD9Oh9FDOGDUGjFaCTLAMhmNehhvwGifYmMjmA-j1BEQBJS9HDcCAmx+D3VJIAOCAE4BAYXlfBAOAY7AgUARs0C-w

The idea is to push out as many marks as possible in order to constantly keep getting new stolen abilities.

Every Mark Gains teammates3 stacks of might and 10 seconds of fury you get from thrill of the crime for each time you mark an enemy.Then the 10 seconds of vigor as well for you party is also added on.But the icing on the cake is when Improv and Fire for effect work together to give 2 stolen abilities that give16 stacks of might and 24 secs of fury for both you and 9 lucky party members. with the use of your f2 ability.

Every mark gives enemiesConfusionPoisonWeakness2 specific class specific debuffs.

With mercy this is a free shot at repeating the process.

If used on a series of downed targets you could be possibly the best fury/might/vigor/swiftness provider in game.

But thats where my theorycraft came to a end. Im not specifically good with deadeye to get the best bang for your buck with this build and was hoping those with more experience could provide stats/sigils/runes which could make this better.

Personally, I feel that FfE is a lackluster trait for a grandmaster, its effect is negligible and requires improvisation to become somewhat decent.Also, you're taking One in the Chamber, that effectively puts you on 24 might and 30+ secs of fury.

However, I think that Fire for Effect should also (in addition to its current effect), provide a relative buff/debuff in an AoE around you and the target.

As for the build, idk really, what the point of that? Confusion on maradeur just reducing your ability to output might...

what scale do you want to fight in? i guess from what you wrote there with 9 lucky party members that it is larger scale.now in largescale if you just go into offtime ppt zerg, go for it, your good. but if you want to fight with your zerg against zergs in similar size, then i dont think deadeye on support can compete for a slot with other options.fury, might , vigor and swiftness are already up when needed in a decent squad with only professions that bring far more to the field than deadeye. you will probably be asked to switch to staff thief.without understanding quite what you actually want to do i cant help you optimize the build. from what i understand from your post i can just say: no deadeye cannot be made into a valueable supporter for large scale zerg vs zerg combat.

@dDuff.3860 said:Personally, I feel that FfE is a lackluster trait for a grandmaster, its effect is negligible and requires improvisation to become somewhat decent.Also, you're taking One in the Chamber, that effectively puts you on 24 might and 30+ secs of fury.

However, I think that Fire for Effect should also (in addition to its current effect), provide a relative buff/debuff in an AoE around you and the target.

As for the build, idk really, what the point of that? Confusion on maradeur just reducing your ability to output might...

I thought the same also at first till I accidentally put on Improv. The 2 traits work wonders with eachother especially in a team setting.

I noticed being able to easily stay at 25 stacks of might as well as keeping a group of allies supplied with permanent boons thanks to one in the chamber. Saves a ton of initiative also since I wont have to be spamming unload/rifle 3 to keep it up.

Confusion on mark depending on how you use it can give 12 stacks. Even on marauders thats a lot of damage and for me its more reliable then daze since I fight a ton of warriors or classes that dont even notice it.

@MUDse.7623 said:what scale do you want to fight in? i guess from what you wrote there with 9 lucky party members that it is larger scale.now in largescale if you just go into offtime ppt zerg, go for it, your good. but if you want to fight with your zerg against zergs in similar size, then i dont think deadeye on support can compete for a slot with other options.fury, might , vigor and swiftness are already up when needed in a decent squad with only professions that bring far more to the field than deadeye. you will probably be asked to switch to staff thief.without understanding quite what you actually want to do i cant help you optimize the build. from what i understand from your post i can just say: no deadeye cannot be made into a valueable supporter for large scale zerg vs zerg combat.

Anywhere from Roaming to Zerg is the scale I was shooting for. Usually popping on shortbow if needed for poison fields.

I have done the DD staff role and it is pretty amazing support and offense. But at times where there is a lack of water fields and a ton of scourges I get screwed pretty fast, not to mention a lucky arc divider every once in a while completely destroying me amidst all the chaos.

What I was aiming for was a build that functions in more of a safe way to support allies from a distance in multiple scenarios(large scale, small scale) while being able to sustain myself also in multiple engagements(solo roam).

Sorry just now realized i never made the build in the WvW tab.

Updated build, also in op nowhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaUnkFD9Oh9FDOGDUGjFaCTLAMhmNehhvwGifYmMjmA-j1BEQBJS9HDcCAmx+D3VJIAOCAE4BAYXlfBAOAY7AgUARs0C-w

Role is Ranged team Support while still maintaining high damage

My question is, Are the runes and sigils a good choice for the build or are there any better choices for the role?

I usually take Premeditation and Rending Shade when I'm on DE, that extra Might doesn't feel as pertinent to dropping their support fast as taking full boon stacks and burning cc counters under quickness like a quick breakbar phase with interrupts and pulls can be clutch in flipping a push. Learn to Death's Retreat without overthinking it so it's immediate and you can bounce to where you need to be with Snipers Cover or revives or whatever and test ledges and walls whenever you have downtime so you now where to increase your reach in future fights. I'd also get to a more WvW friendly baseline like Marauders or something for health and all that, then adjust depending on matchup maybe, you need to take a hit. I run around on fireworks or pack runes with soul pastry mostly to carry openers further but Infiltrators feels like a good pace in action.

I don't get p/p over s/p for what you're trying to do except it provides some of that Might you wanted, I'd rather have Inf Strike and Pistol Whip along with the off hand. I might also try to fit in some quickness from sigils or take BQoBK or both. You might feel the need to drop Flare for Shadowstep, mercy is good but I ended up taking Blinding Powder in general, if for nothing else it can cover blind and mask a quick group or duo shift if you or your support is getting focused and you keep a stun break. Heals and Elites are whatever, size up the fights your squads are having that night and mess around with all of them.

You could also go Daredevil with shortbow and help out as much if not more.

@MUDse.7623 said:you could go pack rune, but i am still not conviced that the idea behind your build is a good one.

I thought about pack, but I provide those boons permanently already.

@kash.9213 said:I usually take Premeditation and Rending Shade when I'm on DE, that extra Might doesn't feel as pertinent to dropping their support fast as taking full boon stacks and burning cc counters under quickness like a quick breakbar phase with interrupts and pulls can be clutch in flipping a push. Learn to Death's Retreat without overthinking it so it's immediate and you can bounce to where you need to be with Snipers Cover or revives or whatever and test ledges and walls whenever you have downtime so you now where to increase your reach in future fights. I'd also get to a more WvW friendly baseline like Marauders or something for health and all that, then adjust depending on matchup maybe, you need to take a hit. I run around on fireworks or pack runes with soul pastry mostly to carry openers further but Infiltrators feels like a good pace in action.

I have tried using Rending shade as well, the shadow line really helps with survivability and would probably consider that over trickery, but the loss of initiative and vigor is a bit scary as well as the insane boon stripping support potential.

Those are actually some really good tips. I recently started using Death's retreat over SB 5 for mobility and retreating since it also applies weakness. Will dabble into learning more escape routes and porting locations. Would Marauder be better then something like Commander or Diviner?

I don't get p/p over s/p for what you're trying to do except it provides some of that Might you wanted, I'd rather have Inf Strike and Pistol Whip along with the off hand. I might also try to fit in some quickness from sigils or take BQoBK or both. You might feel the need to drop Flare for Shadowstep, mercy is good but I ended up taking Blinding Powder in general, if for nothing else it can cover blind and mask a quick group or duo shift if you or your support is getting focused and you keep a stun break. Heals and Elites are whatever, size up the fights your squads are having that night and mess around with all of them.

The reason for p/p is because there is less issues for me when I play, the S/P combo is very inconsistent for me because of lag and buggy gameplay. Theres times I immobilize enemies with Sword 2, just to have the game inch them away while I attempt pistol whip. Its happened so much that I kind of just got sick of trying it. I use unload not really for the might stacking at this point but for the consistent reliable damage. If it turns out im fighting a enemy with a ton of reflects I usually reset the fight, quickly put on MH dagger and go back in.

Flare has been dropped for shadowstep lol. Much more useful unless im just clearing camps or ktraining. Will be looking into trying blinding powder later today, especially since roll for initiative has been throwing me into even more dangerous spots.

You could also go Daredevil with shortbow and help out as much if not more.I have, it works really well but needed something with more range due to how a lot of roamers are scourges, berserkers, and mirages. Best to avoid the explosive collateral damage and not get hit by a lucky arc divider.

There are plenty of options depending on what kind of support.

Do you want to provide offensive boons? Do you want to provide defensive boons? Do you want to provide projectile denial? Do you want to provide resurrection support? Do you want to provide stealth to allies in smaller coordinated groups? Do you want to help your allies lockdown targets for kills? Do you want to tip enemy boons?

Support is pretty broad as a category. I’d recommend you pick a few areas to focus on.

@saerni.2584 said:There are plenty of options depending on what kind of support.

Do you want to provide offensive boons? Do you want to provide defensive boons? Do you want to provide projectile denial? Do you want to provide resurrection support? Do you want to provide stealth to allies in smaller coordinated groups? Do you want to help your allies lockdown targets for kills? Do you want to tip enemy boons?

Support is pretty broad as a category. I’d recommend you pick a few areas to focus on.

Currently what I have is permanent offensive and defensive boon support from any range, ontop of boonstripping and high mobility.Damage is mediocre, but pays that price for putting a good amount of conditions on enemies that do not require me to stat into condition damage.

I was just wondering if there was anything I could do for the build to further push its capabilities around the Long range support role. Wheter it be better traits, stats I could take or sigils/runes.

I was running a tanky S/P quickness spam boon duration build for a while, the boon support from repeated marks was really nice. I built into the boonsteal aspect, using celerity and energy on rifle with absorption and draining on S/P, using that with binding shadow meant I got tons of quickness, fury and vigor and the repeated interrupts and boonsteal really messes up opponents. There's definitely something there, it's just a case of fine tuning I think.

• 3 weeks later...

You are not going to get much out of a support build if you don't focus on the deadeye's strengths and instead try to cram as much stuff as possible. A deadeye is not that great with applying and maintaining defensive buffs on others because they come from Mark skills. These are entirely dependent on what you mark and they are very limited. However, their offensive buffs are strong and spammable.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAVUnkFD9OhFOBOGDUGjFaCTLAMhmNehhvQZg/XWMjmA-jVSBQBT8QAYSlgZU5XEeAA0Y/hHcBAsk6P5TXAAOCAkCIilWA-w

Your build is close to mine, but I use a slightly different setup for a few reasons.1.) Valk armor and marauder weapons/trinkets boost my HP to 19k, so I can soak a little extra damage up. The less you die, the more you can support.2.) Strength Runes because longer durations allow you to maintain higher stacks of might on others. You will also have 25 might a majority of the time.3.) Malicious Intent instead of OitC because that's one less malice you have to build up, meaning less initiative usage. Remember, your defensive buff capabilities are not that great on other players.4.) Silent scope instead of Payback because the stealth on dodge gives you much more access to Death's Judgement, a free TRB damage-wise. You will be using this to drop targets quickly. And this is incredibly important because of Renewing Gaze and On Steal effects.5.) Signet of Agility instead of Shadow Flare because SoA provides endurance and aoe cleanse. Also because I am not using OitC.6.) Sleight of Hand instead of Bewildering Ambush because more Mark usage.(missed one)