Incosistencies with Aurora and Vision's effects.

Hi,I finished crafting Vision last week and the way it was fo me until the most recent patch was: Vision and Aurora both shared a visual effect when equipped alone, when equipped together they had a new effect, giving the orbs a different color and making them behave like "lavalamp balls"

After the most recent patch something changed. While having both equipped, the orbs are more blue and look more like the orbs from the first effect, but an "oily shape in a sphere" now sits at the center of the orbs and the orbs are tethered to it by blue lightning. When unequiping either of the trinkets, the effect changes to the lavalamp balls, when unequiping both the effect reverts to original Aurora's/Vision's.

This is only true on my main which had both items equipped by the time of patch. I tried it out on other characters and the trinkets behaved like before the patch.

Oh yeah, it's "Hella-Broken" now! It's WAY WORSE than before the patch! OP, I'm experiencing what you're saying with the "Oily shaped" thing in a sphere above my head with lines connecting to the Orbs.

NOTE: I own Vision and Aurora, and in addition to what I've stated above, my DH (and my Ele now too) have NEITHER Aurora or Vision slotted, yet they have the single trinket Aurora or Vision aura and White swirly balls! WTH?!? And totally exiting out of GW2 and relogging doesn't remove it. (see bottom image.) :angry:

NOTE2: Anet seemingly was trying to fix the bug of losing the Aurora/Vision FX upon downstate and death, which when I tested it after patch seemed to work. So I was happy about that. Then I tried changing maps and got the Oily FX. This was then followed by not being able to remove the single Legendary Trinket FX even though I put Aurora and Vision back in the bank. So I now have NO legendary trinkets at all slotted yet have the single legendary trinket FX on two characters.

xZPAG6V.jpgNyZs6Lp.jpg

@Vova.2640 said:how can u even equip 3 trinket at once ? lol.either way, yes, having crafted grinded my kitten last 2 weeks to get vision these visual bugs are kinda annoying =/

Aurora, Vision and the legendary ring. If I had to guess they applied a fix to the bug where your trinket effects disappear randomly while in combat and only return if you re-equip it. Might have forgotten a check somewhere and now that effect is just applied by default.

@"Krypto.2069" said:editted for brevity

I have exactly this bug on my Dragonhunter, but not on my Scourge. My Scourge has the "old" Vision + Aurora vfx (from last week). If it helps, my Scourge has no gizmos and no visual infusions but has the Sublime chest (as legendary armour) from WvW.

@Adzekul.3104 said:

@"Krypto.2069" said:editted for brevity

I have exactly this bug on my Dragonhunter, but not on my Scourge. My Scourge has the "old" Vision + Aurora vfx (from last week). If it helps, my Scourge has no gizmos and no visual infusions but has the Sublime chest (as legendary armour) from WvW.

On both my DH and Ele, they were fine until I changed maps with the Legendary Trinkets equipped. That's when I think the code got all confused trying to figure out what Trinket FX should be displayed.

See if your Scourge gets the bug if he changes maps while having Vision and Aurora equipped. Also, my DH and Ele permanently now have the Single Legendary Trinket FX even w/o any Legendary Trinkets equipped. (I've tried everything including exiting completely, switching maps, putting the Legendary trinkets in the bank or on other toons, removing all gear and switching maps then jumping off ledge and dying...nothing removes the 1 leg. FX now.)

I posted this comment in the other similar thread, but figured I'd post it here too.

Per the Updated Patch Notes released moments ago:
"Fixed an issue in which the incorrect effect could be displayed on a character wearing a legendary trinket or ring."

I tested it on both my toons that were having the BUGGED FX, and they are indeed displaying the correct Legendary Trinket FX based on having:A ) Zero Legendary Trinkets equippedB ) One Legendary Trinket equipped... andC ) Two Legendary Trinkets equipped!

Also, upon dying, I do NOT have to un-equip/re-equip my Legendary trinkets to get the FX to resume. So they fixed this bug as well. :smiley:

Thank you, Anet! WELL DONE! :+1:

@Adzekul.3104 said:And in the other thread I confirmed it is re-bugged in the latest hotfix. Not sure if I am happy or sad. I can have the Aurora effect (which I rather like) on a character that does not have it equipped.

Interesting. I tested it just now and I cannot get the FX to display incorrectly as they did before being patched. I even tried killing myself and multiple equipped variations with Aurora and Vision, and changing maps, which triggered the bug a few days ago. It's presently working correctly for me.

NOTE: after it was patched/fixed two days ago, I did have to re-equip and then un-equip my Aurora and Vision on the two toons (my Ele and DH) that had been infected with bug in order for them to start displaying correctly. Maybe this could help your toons, too?