Wild Eye Miller is back

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ashantara.8731 said:The bar just moved by 1 pixel, so it might be working after all. ;)

Do we have to stand by and wait for the final reward or is it safe to log out of the game?

I risked logging out. I did all the achievements I 'think' I could do, including repeating the one for a full 15 AP.

I was seeing a dev post via massivelyop article that said it will unlock a new mystic forge recipe for everyone, so I can't imagine we need to be logged in for that?

@notebene.3190 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:The bar just moved by 1 pixel, so it might be working after all. ;)

Do we have to stand by and wait for the final reward or is it safe to log out of the game?

I risked logging out. I did all the achievements I 'think' I could do, including repeating the one for a full 15 AP.

I was seeing a dev post via massivelyop article that said it will unlock a new mystic forge recipe for everyone, so I can't imagine we need to be logged in for that?

There is also a dev post on this very forum . . .

It's probably safe to log out, I'm guessing the fact that only ppl who stuck around last time got the karma was part of the bug? Idk but either way it's just karma, certainly not worth hanging out for . . .

Leaving this here for anyone missing the announcement on the News subforum

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:We have another update on this event series! Some good news to start: We've sorted out the bug that caused the event to stall last time.

In addition, to make the event less confusing, Wild-Eye Miller will be more clear that this is a donation as part of a global community effort, and will announce when the new recipe is unlocked.

The new Mystic Forge recipe will be available for all players once it's unlocked, and players can progress the related achievements during all of the events in this series regardless of whether or not they participated in the first event.

We know some of you are disappointed that you didn’t get to participate in the first round, and we expect future events will last longer to give more people a chance to contribute.

With all of that said, we hope you're ready for the next event in the series, because Wild-Eye Miller is waiting for you in Lion's Arch right now!

What category are the achieves in? I got them (other than the repeatable one that was broken for mithril) but now I can't find them to see if anything's been added. The wiki page on the Wild-Eye Miller research events does not yet include a link to the related achieves.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Mewcifer.5198" said:And AGAIN there was no way to find out about this except players noticing and telling other people or stumbling into it yourself. ANet why? Would it be so hard to send out a mail?

I’m not saying that this was an effective announcement but just that there was one.

If they even added it into patchnotes it would have been better, because then bots specifically meant to notify players of changes made to the game would pick up on it.Outside websites are not the right place to post news.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

@Mewcifer.5198 said:And AGAIN there was no way to find out about this except players noticing and telling other people or stumbling into it yourself. ANet why? Would it be so hard to send out a mail?

I’m not saying that this was an effective announcement but just that there was one.

If they even added it into patchnotes it would have been better, because then bots specifically meant to notify players of changes made to the game would pick up on it.Outside websites are not the right place to post news.

Well they posted it here on the forum and on twitter, which is where they told us in advance they would announce it. The announcement also mentions that the event is designed to last longer this time so ppl have more time to find out about it before it goes away. Always room for improvement, but I think they made a sufficient effort to inform interested players . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@Mewcifer.5198 said:And AGAIN there was no way to find out about this except players noticing and telling other people or stumbling into it yourself. ANet why? Would it be so hard to send out a mail?

Well they posted it here on the forum and on twitter, which is where they told us in advance they would announce it. The announcement also mentions that the event is designed to last longer this time so ppl have more time to find out about it before it goes away. Always room for improvement, but I think they made a sufficient effort to inform interested players . . .

This is implying that people actually knew about the event the first time it came around and had come looking for more information on it. Which many players probably don't even know the first one happened, much less that they had to look on twitter for the second. It's bad communication.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

This is implying that people actually knew about the event the first time it came around and had come looking for more information on it. Which many players probably don't even know the first one happened, much less that they had to look on twitter for the second. It's bad communication.

No, no implications necessary, just a brief description of past events, a record of which can be easily found in the News and Announcements subforum . . .

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Gop.8713 said:magic better than mithril . . .How so?

Someone estimated maxing the current achievements would cost 40 gold worth of volatile magic (if the VM were converted to crates instead).

Even at current prices it would take over 70g worth of mithril to max all the related cheeves. And that's at current prices. Players unfortunate enough to come in a few hours late to the first event -- but not so late as to miss it entirely -- would have spent four times as much . . .

But that's not what I was referring to. For me the fact that players who were logged in when the event went live and the players that arrive a few hours later sacrifice the same value is the real benefit to the magic . . .