There needs to be a way to hide legendary trinket effects.

Helmets, shoulders, gloves, and backpacks can be hidden. Armor and weapons can be reskinned. But if one wants to equip a legendary trinket they have to display the effect? In addition, the legendary trinkets stack and it seems only fair if you have multiple you should get to choose which of the modes is shown. For example if you have all three but prefer the look of two, you are disincentivized from wearing one of them.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:This is one of the reasons why I don't get any of the infusions, either. Yes, looking like a void of space is cool... for awhile. But there's no way to turn it off without buying another piece of ascended gear and changing it manually.

I have my infusion in my backpiece so when I don't want to use it I just hide the backpiece :) But I don't have many that fit my character anyway so it doesn't make a difference to me. It's not a perfect solution but it isn't the worst.

Just giving the trinkets a toggle would go a long way though.

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

@Gop.8713 said:I wonder how complicated it would be to implement though. We've had things before that seemed simple but apparently weren't . . .

I'm no expert either, but I'm inclined to think to think a hide button would be comparatively easy to add. Just don't expect something like that any time soon.

Yeah I wouldn't have thought dye channels on backs would be a big deal either, but I was wrong . . .

It is possible we won't get a toggle for accessory looks any time soon. What might happen (someday) is a wardrobe unlock system for special effects. This means infusions will become accountbound if they are added to the wardrobe. It also means you need each infusion once to be able to stack up effects. Anet may decide a character has three aura slots, which would help curb down effects from characters who stack infusions (much to their chagrin).

That would also let people select which of the legendary trinkets effects they want on their character.

@Talindra.4958 said:I want to make vision and the ring.. but i only like aurora effect.. :( its holding me back from making vision and the ring(While saying this im gathering map material slowly for it incase i do want to make it later)

Same here. Thought in a way I'm glad it saved me having to do the Draconis Mons grind (I have pretty much everything else done), but I just don't like the Aurora effect.

The only infusions I have are the Red and Grey ones that dropped in Halloween, since they are very subtle, and serve as accents to my characters, rather than 'wth is pouring out of them?'.

• 9 months later...

I can't agree more. I use different armor and weapon looks on my main character, so I've not gone for legendary armor or the like, as I wish to keep my differing looks.

Trinkets would be the perfectlegendaries to go for, except they have the effects that one cannot turn of. They completely clash with my look, leaving menot wanting to use them. It's a shame really, since a simple on/off toggle would fix this issue. I really don't understand why Anet hasn't allowed this option so far and would like to know their reasoning.

Especially with the new wvw/pvp trinkets (of which the effects are even less fitting to any look I may come up with) I'm rather dissappointed to still not have the option.

Yeah I stopped making Aurora and Vision because I realized I'd be stuck with auras I do not want. You can't sell them either so what's the point in spending time, money, and materials making them when you can just use ascended? I also think the two new ones look ridiculous so I'm not going to bother with those either. It's nice for those that like that sort of thing I guess.

• 1 month later...

@Treacy.4067 said:Yeah I stopped making Aurora and Vision because I realized I'd be stuck with auras I do not want. You can't sell them either so what's the point in spending time, money, and materials making them when you can just use ascended? I also think the two new ones look ridiculous so I'm not going to bother with those either. It's nice for those that like that sort of thing I guess.

You do realize that the two new ones can be made without the effects? In fact you craft the slumbering version and then that is used to add effects. Just stop at slumbering.

@"Djinn.3970" said:BUMPPlease ArenaNet - let us have to option to hide the obnixous floating orbs

No need to bump a thread that is not even 2 months old. The better option is to make your request known to the devs in the QOL Request thread stickied at the top of the forum: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/53097/suggestions-qol-quality-of-life-ideas

@Etria.3642 said:

@Treacy.4067 said:Yeah I stopped making Aurora and Vision because I realized I'd be stuck with auras I do not want. You can't sell them either so what's the point in spending time, money, and materials making them when you can just use ascended? I also think the two new ones look ridiculous so I'm not going to bother with those either. It's nice for those that like that sort of thing I guess.

You do realize that the two new ones can be made without the effects? In fact you craft the slumbering version and then that is used to add effects. Just stop at slumbering.They could go the reverse route with the older trinkets: add slumbering versions and a MF recipe to change the trinkets into that. Maybe another recipe to allow us to change back if we change our minds. I'd put my trinkets to sleep in a heartbeat.

@Etria.3642 said:

You do realize that the two new ones can be made without the effects? In fact you craft the slumbering version and then that is used to add effects. Just stop at slumbering.

Its a shame the old ones dont have that function.

• 4 weeks later...

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:Helmets, shoulders, gloves, and backpacks can be hidden. Armor and weapons can be reskinned. But if one wants to equip a legendary trinket they have to display the effect? In addition, the legendary trinkets stack and it seems only fair if you have multiple you should get to choose which of the modes is shown. For example if you have all three but prefer the look of two, you are disincentivized from wearing one of them.

TOTATLY agree with this ideia. I'm looking for it since i got them. I really enjoyed the aura when i start using, but after 3 week i cannot use any of them anymore. I wish we could transmute or just hide them.