issue of alts filling a server

Sovereign.1093

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@neven.3785 said:Their metrics go by players exceeding a threshold of play hours in wvw. So if someone is using an alt beyond that threshold, they are technically playing for your server and this issue is moot.

so players can fill the server with alts and therefore lock a server from opening :/

But they'd actually have to invest time in said alt, even if it just means being afk. Still takes away time that they could spend on their main. Unless of course they use scripts to keep them from being kicked for being afk while doing other things... in which case they really must have something against your server shrugs

@volpenvieh.3201 said:

@neven.3785 said:Their metrics go by players exceeding a threshold of play hours in wvw. So if someone is using an alt beyond that threshold, they are technically playing for your server and this issue is moot.

so players can fill the server with alts and therefore lock a server from opening :/

But they'd actually have to invest time in said alt, even if it just means being afk. Still takes away time that they could spend on their main. Unless of course they use scripts to keep them from being kicked for being afk while doing other things... in which case they really must have something against your server
shrugs

Lots of ppl run multiple accounts simultaneously, only have to move it once every ten minutes to keep it active. I can't believe there are enough for it to make a difference in a server's status, but it's def a thing . . .

EDIT: And now that every server has a link, 'full' status is kind of a meaningless expression at this point anyway . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

But they'd actually have to invest time in said alt, even if it just means being afk. Still takes away time that they could spend on their main. Unless of course they use scripts to keep them from being kicked for being afk while doing other things... in which case they really must have something against your server
shrugs

Lots of ppl run multiple accounts simultaneously, only have to move it once every ten minutes to keep it active. I can't believe there are enough for it to make a difference in a server's status, but it's def a thing . . .

EDIT: And now that every server has a link, 'full' status is kind of a meaningless expression at this point anyway . . .

Unless they have a bot to make all their accounts follow a commander tag and gain WXP then it's not happening. You need to have playtime in WvW but you also need to be, you know, doing stuff.

@Honest John.4673 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

shrugs

Unless they have a bot to make all their accounts follow a commander tag and gain WXP then it's not happening. You need to have playtime in WvW but you also need to be, you know,
doing stuff

The only quote we have from anet is that they measure number of wvw players and wvw play hours. It would be nice to believe they are only counting players that are participating, but we have no way to know . . .

Either way, it's not likely a significant issue . . .

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:unless theyre multi boxing in some corner in OS, but I don't think anyone is that tryhard.

they may be few but i do know atleast 10 players who do this. 2 comps accounts on x server y server. and 3 guys with for comps.

i have 3 units too but only if my friends would visit and play there toons, back in the tourney days x single days.

i think some ppl use some too.

Most host servers must be full, because of PVE players; who log in for dailies and Fairweathers, when there is double xp or some other new shiny reward.

It doesn't make sense for some host servers in the EU to be full, who only have queues on reset, but it also depends on the population on linked servers.

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:Most host servers must be full, because of PVE players; who log in for dailies and Fairweathers, when there is double xp or some other new shiny reward.

It doesn't make sense for some host servers in the EU to be full, who only have queues on reset, but it also depends on the population on linked servers.

That just means they are playing at non peak times, but they exist. I play during night or mornings where like 2 people are awake on my server lol