Stat Reset Advice Wanted!

nosleepdemon.1368

My Rev is pure Viper's, or rather was, until her accessories got a stat reset recently and now I can pick them again. That got me thinking, maybe I'm done with my Viper's / Kalla / Fractal build. Maybe I want to choose a new set of stats that would possibly suit a wider selection of game modes such as wvw as well. But having not played for a while I don't want to muck this up. So:

• My weapons and armour are Viper's and ascended.
  • I have a set of power swords (including Bolt) that are also ascended but the secondary weapon is exotic (staff and hammer)
  • I also have a set of zerker accessories somewhere, possibly, which may also have been stat reset? Who knows.

I was thinking of switching to Diviner's to carry groups in fractals with alacrity, but I'm unclear whether that actually means pure Diviner's stats or some mix.

I play in Fractals mostly, and in WvW occasionally.

Advice from my fellow 1%'ers that also play Rev very much welcome :)

The three gear types I wear are Berserkers, Vipers, and Harriers. Though for WvW I use a berserk/marauder mix.

This advice comes with a caveat: I haven't done fractals in months. Not sure I even can anymore. When I was last there, every group I was in kept debating whether you should have healing rev + boon firebrand, or healing firebrand + boon rev. I'm still not sure that's been figured out yet. But, your best bet is to go with Harriers or Diviners.

Viper's is alright... for raids. In fractals, the ramp up is worse than you'd expect. If you're in a group with other experts in full power gear, the enemies all die before Unyielding Anguish finishes pulsing. The bosses phase pretty fast, too. I don't know how well they'll do in WvW, either.

Berserkers is a good mainstay. However, the biggest problem you'll be facing is negative press. People don't care how reliable and easy the berserker build is, because currently power rev is at the bottom of the stack at sub 30k DPS. If you get on to a group, you won't have any problems. Only other people will have problems with you.

WvW is a weird beast. I haven't played since the warclaw went live, so I don't know if zerg combat is even the same anymore. I imagine that harriers would still work there. You'll be frail, but you'll still have excellent heals and buffs. I imagine that hammer backline is still a thing, too.

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:My Rev is pure Viper's, or rather was, until her accessories got a stat reset recently and now I can pick them again. That got me thinking, maybe I'm done with my Viper's / Kalla / Fractal build. Maybe I want to choose a new set of stats that would possibly suit a wider selection of game modes such as wvw as well. But having not played for a while I don't want to muck this up. So:

• I have a set of power swords (including Bolt) that are also ascended but the secondary weapon is exotic (staff and hammer)
  • I also have a set of zerker accessories somewhere, possibly, which may also have been stat reset? Who knows.

I was thinking of switching to Diviner's to carry groups in fractals with alacrity, but I'm unclear whether that actually means pure Diviner's stats or some mix.

If you mostly play fractals learn Diviner’s rev and then get other gear sets as you go for other roles you want to play. But diviner’s is the best thing that rev can do in fractals right now. Can find gear and build info at snowcrow’s website

I ended up going Diviner's on my trinkets and zerker on my weapons and armour. This was mainly due to it being the most cost efficient way to run the build with the items I have. I slapped concentration and force sigils onto the weapons, but armour was more tricky. I'm running 2x firework and 4x pack for 20% boon duration, which in retrospect is stupid since for some reason, the gw2skills site showed me at 80% boon duration with food yet in game, I'm at 90%.

Anyway, the build is great, and it's very hard to die when you don't want to. I run Dwarf as my second legend for the extra group survivability.

Good choice on the diviners. Zerk (wvw), Vipers (PvE raids), and Diviners (fractals/pve raids), is your go to setup. You could work towards a harrier set if you want, but honestly Healbrand is super common, and tbh you really don't need a healer for a good CM+T4 group anyways.

Though you should work on a legendary set so armour is a non issue.

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:My Rev is pure Viper's, or rather was, until her accessories got a stat reset recently and now I can pick them again. That got me thinking, maybe I'm done with my Viper's / Kalla / Fractal build. Maybe I want to choose a new set of stats that would possibly suit a wider selection of game modes such as wvw as well. But having not played for a while I don't want to muck this up. So:

The only meta build Rev has for fractals is Divinegade, which is 100% diviners gear across the board. (Full Diviners + Concentration Sigil + 150 AR/pots gives you exactly 100% boon duration... You can use like some Zerker+Pack or Leadership instead of Scholars if you want to be cheap on restating--it won't be as min-maxed, but as long as you get to 100% duration, you'll be ok.)

There's a harrier's variant as well, but honestly, this is not popular in LFG and if you want to play it, you will have to be the one forming the group so you can build it around yourself.

@narcx.3570 said:

The only meta build Rev has for fractals is Divinegade, which is 100% diviners gear across the board. (Full Diviners + Concentration Sigil + 150 AR/pots gives you exactly 100% boon duration... You can use like some Zerker+Pack or Leadership instead of Scholars if you want to be cheap on restating--it won't be as min-maxed, but as long as you get to 100% duration, you'll be ok.)

There's a harrier's variant as well, but honestly, this is not popular in LFG and if you want to play it, you will have to be the one forming the group so you can build it around yourself.

Everywhere I've read shows 100% boon duration to be overcapped, from playing ~80% gets you constant alacrity up time, so wouldn't the extra 20% be better used as other stats?

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:

Everywhere I've read shows 100% boon duration to be overcapped, from playing ~80% gets you constant alacrity up time, so wouldn't the extra 20% be better used as other stats?

It doesn't "over-cap" it in the sense that you have wasted stats... It over-caps it in the sense that you'll have your f4 off cooldown before alacrity runs out, which is fine if you're stacked and just straight dps'ing the entire fight. But in lots of fights you can't always use it immediately, due to people off doing mechanics or whatever. And then there's going to be times like when you're doing mechanics, or the group splits (100CM first and second boss, Siax in 99cm, etc.) Or say for example, you have to delay a couple seconds because you don't have energy and need to wait for your legend swap, or you need to save some energy/delay a legend swap refill to wait for NPNG to proc so you can strip it, or need to burn energy on a cc instead. There's tons of situations where you'll appreciate the extra alacrity overlap... Even at the very least it lets you prioritize other skills in your rotation/energy allocation.

Also, it's not just alacrity, but you'e generally looked at to be the might bot too when there's no BS running PS (like first/second boss of 100cm)... Plus the times when you need to run jails for stab.

All those little things add up to more group dps than you having a few more zerker pieces does... Especially like, being able to prioritize more energy towards soul cleave uptime.

For your reference:https://discretize.eu/builds/revenant/hybrid-renegade