Best build for solo queue?

Sileeent.5861

It seems that after a period of PvP inactivity, and the mistake of doing the placement games at night, I'm now in ELO hell or something similar... I guess I need something to carry a bad team. :confused:

I have tried Firebrand, which is almost useless if your teammates have no idea how to fight. Then it's like delaying the inevitable.

I already tried Scourge, that worked very well for team fights. But I can't split myself and it doesn't help if we can't hold more than a single objective.

So I tried Soulbeast to have some range burst and good mobility to be the maid cleaning up wherever help is needed. This worked very well in certain situations.

Then I have tried to queue as Thief or Ranger and quickly switch to Necro before the match begins. My team had always more Necros than the opposing team this way. That worked best, to be honest. In my current ELO, the opponents are extremely overwhelmed fighting against Necros. Therefore, it's very beneficial to have a Necro, while the opposing team has none, or to have two Necros while the opponents have only one. But that feels like I'm manipulating games, even if it seems to be allowed. I want to win, but I don't want to win without any honor. o:)

However, there are many situations in which you depend on your teammates. I have no idea how to compensate bad teammates alone. You always have to tell your teammates that they shouldn't fight off-point, or that they shouldn't focus healers and tanks as first, while they already spend hours trying to kill one of them and are being killed comfortably by enemy DPS. Instead of learning from the mistakes, it's like they're in a time warp, always trying the same crap and eventually blaming others for their mistakes. Some people really never take friendly tips from other players. They seem to know everything better, even though they are constantly failing. :trollface:

I'm always friendly and try to explain nicely, but I'm very tired of such situations. Now I just want to find a quick way back to my old division where not all are that stupid. :#

I would be very grateful for every tip here! :love:

I would begin with not doing this:"You always have to tell your teammates that they shouldn't fight off-point, or that they shouldn't focus healers"

nothing is easier than standing off-node on high ground bombing as a scourge since it's indeed a common myth that you should fight on pointi'd say only fight on point if you can actually decap the node (e.g. you outnumber your enemy and they run away; quickly decap and kill and then go back to the node). If you own the node, i'd only contest it if you can NOT DIE, if you are outnumbered just leave it and focus on something else. Probably some more scenario's but you can easily get into high ranks without ever touching a node, especially on the specs you mentioned.

as for solo queue builds: I have most success on side-noder specs so i'd recommend holosmith, spellbreaker, soulbeast, cmirage

@Koen.1327 said:I would begin with not doing this:"You always have to tell your teammates that they shouldn't fight off-point, or that they shouldn't focus healers"That is completely out of context. I never said that you should never focus on healers. But I would say that you should prefer DPS. Their healers are mightless if you burst their DPS down. But when you flip the cards, you first try to kill the healer. This can take a very long time and the opposing DPS have an easy time to take you out. I would only try to kill a healer first if I also have a healer by my side. But only in certain situations. It usually makes more sense to knock down DPS first.

But if someone would set a healer as target, I'll follow first. But that's usually a bad idea and after a complete wipe I would write something like:"Please lets focus the Necro first!"

@Koen.1327 said:nothing is easier than standing off-node on high ground bombing as a scourge since it's indeed a common myth that you should fight on point

You can defend a point without being permanently on the point, as in your high ground example. So I would not say that you fight off-point in this case. I've only talked about scenarios where ppl are really far away from a point, or chasing someone across the map without a result.

@Koen.1327 said:i'd say only fight on point if you can actually decap the node (e.g. you outnumber your enemy and they run away; quickly decap and kill and then go back to the node). If you own the node, i'd only contest it if you can NOT DIE, if you are outnumbered just leave it and focus on something else. Probably some more scenario's but you can easily get into high ranks without ever touching a node, especially on the specs you mentioned.

This is another big issue that I often see, and you say it, if you are outnumbered then you should leave, there is really no question. There is no point in dying for nothing, so just fight the fights where you have a chance. But a lot players don't think this way and I talk about such people. There are so many of them when you fell low enough.