Botting problem

praqtos.9035

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:Hi,

I’d like to reply to some of the topics that played addressed in this thread, similarly to what we said in the past here.

Players’ report of potential cheating (referenced as botting in the report tool) are always investigated by the Customer Support Team, whether done via the in-game report tool or an email to exploit@arena.net (only JPG files can be attached, use a YouTube link for video content). If the account is found breaking our policies, actions are taken. We do not communicate about the actions taken and you cannot always see its effects. It’s also worth taking into account the fact that these investigations take time and are not always conclusive based on the valid evidence that we have.

Note that not all players are interested in chatting in-game so their silence may not be evidence of anything. Our GMs check various aspects of the reported accounts to figure out who’s cheating and they do take actions regularly. I’d also like to remind everyone that you’re not allowed to name on the Guild Wars 2 forums a player that you suspect is cheating, or accuse the Customer Support Team to not investigate these reports.

Thanks for your understanding and for helping us catch cheaters.

Thank you very much for doing so!And if I may give you some suggestion that could help you a lot with catching other cheaters:I understand why you might not do that, but think it would be useful for player to get some kind of notice when you ban someone they reported.You dont have to name a person that has been banned, but getting some kind of in-game mail on monthly or weekly based saying"Thanks to your reports we want you to know that we have removed X number of player from a game that have been marked as cheaters.Thank you very much for contributing to GW2 community!"(Definitely do not make it achievement based or giving any reward, but only a notice)

It is very rare that I end up with same people in random queue, so not sure if I have ever ended up in matches with same bot or cheat twice or so, so getting some mail like that would just give everyone a confirmation that reporting someone in game that is not obeying a rules is actually meaningful and would give us hope that it really will get better on this topic.Since have heard many others thinking that reporting someone in game is kind of pointless and many (sometimes including myself as well) do not report someone because of "like that would make any effect" mentality and getting notice like that would really show many that reporting someone in game can really make a difference and you (as Anet) will get more recognition and praises for banning cheaters in game.

Think even if you posted like a monthly report here on forum or somewhere with saying "We have banned XY players that have been considered a cheaters and YX players due to bad behaviour" would make us realized that Anet really is doing as much as they can to make GW2 community as cheatless as possible.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@banJelacic.4201 said:

I’d like to reply to some of the topics that played addressed in this thread, similarly to what we said in the past

Players’ report of potential cheating (referenced as botting in the report tool) are always investigated by the Customer Support Team, whether done via the in-game report tool or an email to exploit@arena.net (only JPG files can be attached, use a YouTube link for video content). If the account is found breaking our policies, actions are taken. We do not communicate about the actions taken and you cannot always see its effects. It’s also worth taking into account the fact that these investigations take time and are not always conclusive based on the valid evidence that we have.

Note that not all players are interested in chatting in-game so their silence may not be evidence of anything. Our GMs check various aspects of the reported accounts to figure out who’s cheating and they do take actions regularly. I’d also like to remind everyone that you’re not allowed to name on the Guild Wars 2 forums a player that you suspect is cheating, or accuse the Customer Support Team to not investigate these reports.

Thank you very much for doing so!And if I may give you some suggestion that could help you a lot with catching other cheaters:I understand why you might not do that, but think it would be useful for player to get some kind of notice when you ban someone they reported.You dont have to name a person that has been banned, but getting some kind of in-game mail on monthly or weekly based saying"Thanks to your reports we want you to know that we have removed X number of player from a game that have been marked as cheaters.Thank you very much for contributing to GW2 community!"(Definitely do not make it achievement based or giving any reward, but only a notice)

It is very rare that I end up with same people in random queue, so not sure if I have ever ended up in matches with same bot or cheat twice or so, so getting some mail like that would just give everyone a confirmation that reporting someone in game that is not obeying a rules is actually meaningful and would give us hope that it really will get better on this topic.Since have heard many others thinking that reporting someone in game is kind of pointless and many (sometimes including myself as well) do not report someone because of "like that would make any effect" mentality and getting notice like that would really show many that reporting someone in game can really make a difference and you (as Anet) will get more recognition and praises for banning cheaters in game.

Think even if you posted like a monthly report here on forum or somewhere with saying "We have banned XY players that have been considered a cheaters and YX players due to bad behaviour" would make us realized that Anet really is doing as much as they can to make GW2 community as cheatless as possible.

Why would they even bother to give a report out on this.Sure I want all cheats banned and rid of, but short of bringing back the good ole Impending Dhuum into GW2 I would think your suggestion will fall on deaf ears.To be honest, ANET could post out any arbitrary number and it would be meaningless to you and I , just like the annual ban wave number is, because those players that do become snared are soon back in game anyway and looking for ways to reoffend.. you only have to take a look at the well known hack sites to see how many cheats are being offered out to players and then again to players that have been caught, prompting the hacks to be modified to combat detection. Simply put it is a game of cat and mouse, but it unfortunately only works if the cat is prepared to keep playing the game and tries to stay one step ahead.AFK farming is a scourge of the game, but there are worse things .. throwing a net out once a year is neither a block or a deterrent imo, so hearing of one player being snagged in a location that's been a well reported issue for many, many months.. I won't be getting too exited if I'm honest.

I’d like to reply to some of the topics that played addressed in this thread, similarly to what we said in the past here.

Since you have botting accounts that have been flagged multiple times by the community. Accounts that have a inhuman amount of games a season 3,000+ and just easy ways to find and ban botter. But yet some botters have been here for least a year if not more.

Can we really believe what you claim? It really seems from the lack of action taken against the botters shows that no one cares over there about botters running around. Just claims they care.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:Some bots usually log off if receives pm’s.They are running in offline mode 99% of times, everyone who I checked were offline

what if Anet remove offline?? XdChances anet will do anything useful is... not high... NA top1 still occupied by a guy who bought it with real money? Noodic guy made a video about it even and guy who sells top places at NA xDWhat if they dont do anything...?Thats probably a right guess

@praqtos.9035 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:Some bots usually log off if receives pm’s.They are running in offline mode 99% of times, everyone who I checked were offline

what if Anet remove offline?? XdChances anet will do anything useful is... not high... NA top1 still occupied by a guy who bought it with real money? Noodic guy made a video about it even and guy who sells top places at NA xDWhat if they dont do anything...?Thats probably a right guess

Your evidence for the No. 1 spot being a real money transaction is? Forum hearsay is bad, but just randomly spouting that kind of accusation is worse.

About 99.99% of the time someone thinks someone else is cheating, they just did not understand what was going on. I have been playing GW2 for years and another MMO before that, and I have not seen someone cheat before. That does not mean it does not happen.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

Your evidence for the No. 1 spot being a real money transaction is? Forum hearsay is bad, but just randomly spouting that kind of accusation is worse.Probably he just kindly asked "hey guys,make me a god pvp because I'm a nice guy" and they did :joy: . Silver3-gold1 EU suddenly became TOP1 of NA among monsters like TEAM USA.... Ha-ha.Watch Noody channel for video part2 ?

@praqtos.9035 said:

Your evidence for the No. 1 spot being a real money transaction is? Forum hearsay is bad, but just randomly spouting that kind of accusation is worse.Probably he just kindly asked "hey guys,make me a god pvp because I'm a nice guy" and they did :joy: . Silver3-gold1 EU suddenly became TOP1 of NA among monsters like TEAM USA.... Ha-ha.Watch Noody channel for video part2 ?

I watched it... That happened in 2017, and all parties involved were punished. It's a well-known thing that happened years ago and has since become a meme. That didn't happen this year.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

I watched it... That happened in 2017, and all parties involved were punished. It's a well-known thing that happened years ago and has since become a meme. That didn't happen this year.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/members/Malediktus-9250/showpostspost 7post 17nice growth in talent if not suspectgw001.png

@lightstalker.1498 said:

post 7post 17nice growth in talent if not suspect
gw001.png

I dont understand why he would try to protect obvious fact of wintrade/real money payment. Just because they didnt post a video how certan "NA TEAM" gets paid it doesnt mean it didnt happen. Worst thing that when Ben was quoted the thread got deleted, in like 30 minutes?

this is outside of PvP, but I see the same ranger just constantly spamming heals AFK pet farming at Forstgorge Sounds at the exact same spot pretty much 24/7/365, probably farming for Blood, the only time I don't see him there is when there's an in-game event.

reported him multiple times over the past 3 years, he's still there

@Aeolus.3615 said:

what if Anet remove offline?? Xd

Offline is useful for players who don't want to converse or just want to avoid someone else. This feature should not be removed. Just because a player is showing offline doesn't mean they are a bot.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:

what if Anet remove offline?? Xd

Offline is useful for players who don't want to converse or just want to avoid someone else. This feature should not be removed. Just because a player is showing offline doesn't mean they are a bot.

maybe should rename it to DND, that's what it really is, prevent ppl from PM you

@crepuscular.9047 said:

maybe should rename it to DND, that's what it really is, prevent ppl from PM you

I'd rather see them revamp the block, invisible, message and friend system.

If you block someone specifically they should not be able to friend you, see you on any lists (like guild), their messages to you should just go to the bit bucket without them knowing your status and you should be invisible to each other in the game world. You could be standing beside them and neither of you would know.

The invisible system should prevent others from seeing you online on friends or guild lists. I would say in the game world but that could create it's own set of issues so you should be visible in the open world just not on lists. Of course this should only apply to PvE. If the player goes to PvP or WvW they shouldn't be invisible to others in those game modes but still invisible to people in PvE.

PMs shouldn't reflect if you are online or offline no matter your visibility status. There should just be the assumption that if you are offline it goes to your mail.

The friend system should require approval on both parties to connect you. X friends Y, Y approves then X & Y are friends. If one removes the other then neither player are on either of their friends lists. Basically the way Facebook handles friends and unfriending.

There are valid reasons why someone would want to unfriend someone or be invisible to friends in the game. Anyway this is probably a topic for another thread...

Like others I was dubious about the botting claims, so I decided to prove/disprove it for myself. Last season I added players with suspicious in-game behaviour to my friend list. Using the inhuman amounts of games played to measure I found at least 6 bots. There may have been more, but 6 I could say with confidence were bots. Each were reported and I will be watching with interest to see if they are still playing this season. Also, like others, I have little faith in Anet taking action despite there repeated echo's of "we investigate".

What the Op describes is exactly what eles and revs players do. I seriously doubt there is a program that can determine what map is being played at the start and walk/run them to a exactly to the centre of a cap and then start doing unkillable rotations. That level of sophistication is beyond a simple program. I would say that would require A.I. and since the largest companies and militaries on the planet can't even produce A.I. that people wouldn't laugh at, I doubt some basement dweller could.

@Vague Memory.2817 said:What the Op describes is exactly what eles and revs players do. I seriously doubt there is a program that can determine what map is being played at the start and walk/run them to a exactly to the centre of a cap and then start doing unkillable rotations. That level of sophistication is beyond a simple program. I would say that would require A.I. and since the largest companies and militaries on the planet can't even produce A.I. that people wouldn't laugh at, I doubt some basement dweller could.

This logic also helps prove botting. Remember when the new changes were made to Eternal Coliseum that added new obstacles? Botters who didn't realize this for some reason still ran the same scripts containing the same pathing, which made them run straight into obstructions the entire match.

I understand Arena Net don't want to provide any information regarding the botting, but this is getting out of hand and im seriously annoyed by it !

Yestarday and Today, in Ranked que, i get 3 people botting in my team , 3 freaking people !They all run the same build, they all run the same path. Since the other team might have gotten ahead of what is going on, the bots would just rush all 3 close point,the other team would capture Far and Middle and just sit out our home. They would do this over and over again, the 3 bots would spam the same skills, run together in same small group , do exactly everything together in the same timing, withouth being in a pre-made(incase you though it would be a pre-made duo queing).

I have seen even revenants bot now ? They do the same thing, spam their auras and wait till the clock for start game hit 0, then they start moving.All the bots i saw work that way, Wait for clock to hit 0, start moving towards close or middle. Proceede, with dashing out all your combo wombos, and then survive till the next(not saying some playrs dont play that way), but this people were the same over and over, i keep reporting , keep sending tickets for various reasons.

How am i supposed to enjoy this, when in Ranked que, i get 3 bots in my game that do stupid patterns and we get obliterated because of that?

We do not communicate about the actions taken and you cannot always see its effectsHow does that help? We have 0 idea if you guys are doing anything about this? We keep getting bots, idle players and plain leavers, and we all get is,that you are investigating each report, but can't tell us about it. At least some heads up, some info? This is super annoying. I love PvP, i might not be the highest ranks or the top player, but i just wish i could have 1 game where there is no Bot, either in my team or my enemy team, a normal nice match..

Arenanet, please fix this, dont ignore it with just a simple copy-paste from a notepad reply...We invets in you, so that we can get quality game, not a copy-paste notepad reply!