World Restructuring

Gaile Gray.6029

@Raymond Lukes.6305 said:

@Kovu.7560 said:Wow. That's something.It was good knowing you, Fort Aspenwood.

Still, a complete overhall
is
the only way to rebalance the population, so I can't really complain.Glad you guys have been hard at work designing this new system.

~ Kovu

The evolution of this post was amazing <3

It was like watching realization creep in writing.

@FromFallen.4801 said:This whole idea seems very nice for the very big WvW only guilds but for a guild that is PvX and loves to go around to all types of content such as raids, fractals, open world events, or wvw, this change sounds like a living hell. I dont know if there have been changes made since there are almost 50 pages of comments but it sounds to me if this goes through that player will be forced to play with 1 guild or another for WvW and be unable to play with their main guild that isnt very focused on wvw but still enjoyes it from time to time.IE my guild has been SBI for 6 years now and we of course there are those of us who wvw more than others and are in a separate guild for more intense wvw sessions, but we currently have the ability to play together without trying to get into an alliance who doesn't want us simply because we don't wvw as much as a whole will make trying to play with each other a nightmare.Ive heard nothing but excitement from my friends who ONLY wvw and ONLY play with their wvw guilds but it does not seem like the right path for the majority of the playerbase who likes to just occasionally dip into wvw with some friends when those friends are in guilds that require players to wvw a certain amount or alliances that will be against a guild joining that only a handful of players are heavily into wvw.

What makes you think your pvx guild is the main guild? depending on the parameters, pvx guilds are probably larger than wvw. not all wvw guilds will be looking to group up with other wvw guilds. there will be options to build an alliance as each sees fit. at the every least, it will add some administrative capabilities.

Hmm...

It's kind of ironic that we're still waiting for an answer...

When the original person who posted this article is gone...and the "game director" that provided the vision behind this World Restructuring is also gone.

Over the years on the old & this new forum...

I've predicted many things that have come to pass...long story short...I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an answer.

Just enjoy what this game already has to offer...or learn to move on with life...imho

It's ok to do both...if this helps you.

Yours truly,Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

@Woop S.7851 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:
A message from McKenna Berdrow:
The goals of the World Restructuring system are:
  • Create great matches
  • Handle population fluctuations
  • Balance teams
  • Diversify WvW experiences

Below is an "analysis" of GW1 Alliance Battles versus GW2 WvW, please note this post is only an analytical approach in order to
address the above 4 items mentioned
. GW1 Alliance Battles (even though small in scope compared to WvW) had elements that worked in the long-run, and possibly could inspire direction/creativity, it's always good to challenge our own opinions in order to remove blind-spots that can cost us dearly; is it really the Server links that is the issue? Is it the design? Mechanics? Player behavior? Why are Commanders always competing on the same side or in voice? Why is blobbing the main trend? in PvP mode (5v5), similar skills/traits are used, but at an smaller scale, could what's done there be carried over to balance a 10 v 20 fight?10v100 fight? (Scenario analysis needed from Big Data) Why is the WvW party search window always empty? In no way do I claim what is right or wrong, but only offer an perspective below.
GW2 WvW has tons of potential! the scope of WvW is very big, it is my hope this post might inspire "Constructive Feedback" that could help the developers to improve this Game-mode in the long-run
, with the reality of limited resources, to re-develop servers of this magnitude is no easy feat, something to keep in mind. Constructive comments welcomed! :)

XNt2DQN.jpg

I loved gw1 alliance battles. It was so much fun. Was very disappointed in wvw but couldnt go back to ab it was dead.

I saw that gw1 and gw2 comparison and although I never played gw1 alliance battles, I can tell right off the bat that it's superior on all categories. It really punishes player shenanigans. Build diversity in gw1, as with everything else in it, BLOWS gw2 out of the water. In gw2, all you get are FB/Scourge/Scrapper zerg trains. It's stupid.

@JTGuevara.9018 said:I saw that gw1 and gw2 comparison and although I never played gw1 alliance battles, I can tell right off the bat that it's superior on all categories. It really punishes player shenanigans. Build diversity in gw1, as with everything else in it, BLOWS gw2 out of the water. In gw2, all you get are FB/Scourge/Scrapper zerg trains. It's stupid.

fb scourge rev scrapper zerg trains =)

Likely the right move especially for people who represent different guilds. I love my PvE guild and hated their choice / reasoning for jumping servers in WvW so i joined a guild specific for WvW and choosing would suck. You want to fix WvW try monitoring behavior and trends first, so many issues; cross server spies who pull ewp, servers that team up, mount mastery cost etc.

Being Ranked #1 needs to be earned & come at a cost.

I think it would be easier & more straight forward if they did this instead of Alliances:

1) Remove the current match-up system, but keep a system for World Ranking.2) Assign each World server a "single map" to defend - (Single BL or a Single unit of Multiple maps owned by the same server).3) Let players pick any three "server owned maps" to fight on weekly.4) During the week show players the top three enemies attacking their "home owned maps".5) Finally only reward players when they fight on a map or an enemy map that is "Ranked Higher or Equal to" their home map.

Simple mechanics is the best way to go...

Simple mechanics like this will allow us to have a never ending cycle of healthy competition between ALL servers...(not just a few)...in the long term.

Healthy competition can be thought of as two sides of a coin...1) Ideas are like cream, good ones rise to the top.2) What goes up...must come down.

We need a simple & straight forward solution...imho

Yours truly,Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.