Nerf Mantra Mesmers and Revenants

I just fought against a double mantra mesmer, double rev duo.

There are:

1. No animations to dodge
  2. 17 different targets on my screen
  3. They can be at 3 points simultaneously
  4. If I stop dodging I get one-shot
  5. I'm perma revealed and all of their attacks are unblockable
  6. Stability gets instantly stripped and if you don't die you can't cast any skills because of the cc chains and constant interrupts
  7. You can't run away from them
  8. No-port spots are useless

Mantras should not exist and both builds/classes both need huge damage nerfs and reworks. Matches like these are actually unplayable. There are no ways to fight against builds/comps like these and they do not require any skill to play. Unlike sic em longbow soulbeasts, there are no tells for the damage and you can't defend yourself with line of sight and terrain.

QQ T-T L2P

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@shadowpass.4236 said:I just fought against a double mantra mesmer, double rev duo.

There are:

6. Stability gets instantly stripped and if you don't die you can't cast any skills because of the cc chains and constant interrupts

Mantras should not exist and both builds/classes both need huge damage nerfs and reworks. Matches like these are actually unplayable. There are no ways to fight against builds/comps like these and they do not require any skill to play. Unlike sic em longbow soulbeasts, there are no tells for the damage and you can't defend yourself with line of sight and terrain.

QQ T-T L2P

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I fought a team with double mantra mesmer yesterday and absolutely could not participate in the fight. In the very literal sense. I could not use my skills, I was constantly dazed/stunned. There was no tell, not only is it instant this is compounded by initiating from stealth. If I stopped evading, dead, instantly. Not in a second, not in a half second, instantly or at least in about 250ms which might as well be instantly.

I get the nerf threads on Soulbeast and Holosmith but why has no one made a thread on this until now? I feel like it's pretty broken. I wont even address Revenant, there are already threads on that mess.

Just LoS mesmer, the clones won't passively cc you or hit for 8k

LoS doesn't work. Mesmers can blink/jaunt behind the terrain and still one-shot you. You can't use no-port spots against mantra mesmers either because their burst comes from mostly ranged damage. Gs2, gs3, and the mantras will still hit. They can also gs5 you off.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:I just fought against a double mantra mesmer, double rev duo.

There are:

QQ T-T L2P

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I fought a team with double mantra mesmer yesterday and absolutely could not participate in the fight. In the very literal sense. I could not use my skills, I was constantly dazed/stunned. There was no tell, not only is it instant this is compounded by initiating from stealth. If I stopped evading, dead, instantly. Not in a second, not in a half second, instantly or at least in about 250ms which might as well be instantly.

I get the nerf threads on Soulbeast and Holosmith but why has no one made a thread on this until now? I feel like it's pretty broken. I wont even address Revenant, there are already threads on that mess.Defending sic em oneshot but getting farmed by power mesmer. Learn to dodge/block/invul/los now baby@shadowpass.4236I dont even know, 2 rev/2 power mesmers comps must be banned? Is that what your post about?

I've stated repeatedly that I'm fine with Sic Em getting removed.

There's nothing to dodge when the mantras are instant and the burst can be used from stealth. GS2 is unblockable. You can only invuln if you see the burst coming. Otherwise you just waste the cooldown and they wait it out. LoS doesn't work against the mantra burst because they can just teleport behind the terrain with blink, jaunt, or sword 3.So you are actually complaining about full zerk build without any sustain, any cleanse that use his only breakstun and only stealth on 30s cd that must use all his defense tools to attemtp to kill you... ? Seriously ?Gs2 is the only unblockable that mesmer has on entire class and hit like a wet noodle.Only invul? WHAT? Literally everything works: dodge(1.5-2s later after stealth or when u him raising his hand for mirror blade),blocking, LoS, noport. Without frontloading everything right next to your face it wont kill youOtherwise you just waste the cooldown and they wait it out.If you seen/know about mesmer presence that want to oneshot you, his chance to kill you drastically fall off.Neither see purple sword flying next to you, phantasmal berserk spawned next to you, not trying to find LoS( which is obviously work and u wont ever get oneshot from 2 mantras alone ),not doing anything to anticipate the burst, then you 100% deserved to die.Damn it, tell your team to get 1 thief and they will be stuck on respawn

@praqtos.9035

The mirage doesn't need any of those defenses because the burst will hit 100% of the time if they aren't a potato and can time instant cast ccs. They don't even need the mantras to set up the burst. Blink + Diversion with Confounding Suggestions is effectively an instant 1200 range stun that can be used WHILST simultaneously casting gs2.

I'm not going to argue this point any further.

@praqtos.9035 said:

There are:

QQ T-T L2P

I get the nerf threads on Soulbeast and Holosmith but why has no one made a thread on this until now? I feel like it's pretty broken. I wont even address Revenant, there are already threads on that mess.Defending sic em oneshot but getting farmed by power mesmer. Learn to dodge/block/invul/los now baby@shadowpass.4236I dont even know, 2 rev/2 power mesmers comps must be banned? Is that what your post about?

I am not sure 2 Mesmer and 2 rev even manage to win (assuming equal skill). If the opponent team has and FB, scourge, SB and whatever, the 2 Mesmer and 2 rev team will be obliterated.

@praqtos.9035 said:

The mirage doesn't need any of those defenses because the burst will hit 100% of the time if they aren't a potato and can time instant cast ccs. They don't even need the mantras to set up the burst. Blink + Diversion with Confounding Suggestions is effectively an instant 1200 range stun that can be used WHILST simultaneously casting gs2.I'm not going to argue this point any further.Running berserk build with no safe-nets and just 2 evades = dont need any defense?Almost 7 years mesmer do the same over and over and people still cant learn... If they rework completely GS and give mesmer a new(viable) way to play that would be great tho.Why you made a thread and crying about POWER mesmer if you dont want to argue ?:DDDDDDDDDDDDD

Oo5b1hQ.png?1

lol this is my second time playing this berserker power mirage build and I went 26-0 with 40% of the team's damage cause the bursts are so easy to land

in a 12 min 30 second match that means I was getting roughly one kill every 27 seconds

"dont need any defense" 4Head OmegaLUL

@shadowpass.4236 said:

The mirage doesn't need any of those defenses because the burst will hit 100% of the time if they aren't a potato and can time instant cast ccs. They don't even need the mantras to set up the burst. Blink + Diversion with Confounding Suggestions is effectively an instant 1200 range stun that can be used WHILST simultaneously casting gs2.I'm not going to argue this point any further.Running berserk build with no safe-nets and just 2 evades = dont need any defense?Almost 7 years mesmer do the same over and over and people still cant learn... If they rework completely GS and give mesmer a new(viable) way to play that would be great tho.Why you made a thread and crying about POWER mesmer if you dont want to argue ?:DDDDDDDDDDDDD

Oo5b1hQ.png?1

lol this is my second time playing power mirage and I went 26-0 with 40% of the team's damage cause the bursts are so easy to land

in a 12 min 30 second match that means I was getting roughly one kill every 27 seconds

"dont need any defense" 4Head OmegaLULUnranked arena 4head OmegaLUL

@praqtos.9035 said:

Oo5b1hQ.png?1

lol this is my second time playing power mirage and I went 26-0 with 40% of the team's damage cause the bursts are so easy to land

Where do you think I fought the mantra mesmers? Ranked. They farmed my pugs there so just cause you can't time your bursts doesn't mean other people can't.

It's actually ez mode lmao

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Oo5b1hQ.png?1

lol this is my second time playing this berserker power mirage build and I went 26-0 with 40% of the team's damage cause the bursts are so easy to land

"dont need any defense" 4Head OmegaLUL

Then stop playing unranked and get in the top 10 one season with it. How can we even determine anything from one screenshot of an unranked game you played?

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Oo5b1hQ.png?1

Where do you think I fought the mantra mesmers? Ranked. They farmed my pugs there so just cause
you
can't time your bursts doesn't mean other people can't.

It's actually ez mode lmaoHow to prove somethign : go unranked, farm some noobs, claim that what you are played is "absolutely busted" . Ok.