Idea for elite specialization

Lalaboompoo.1289

So as the title shows i have a idea for a elite specialization, alot of the other ideas include ideas for the new weapon, but i think there should be no weapon, allow me to explain. So my idea is the conjurer where they have access to 4 different weapons that depend on your attunement like when you switch to water a water trident is created in your hands and when you switch to lightning you create a lightning spear, you would pick the weapon you want for the stats but instead of the weapon you chose being used, its the weapon you chose being used. Fire would be dual torch, water would be trident, lightning would be spear, and earth would be shield. Im not sure how skins would work out because the weapons would be made out of the elements, but i think it would bring a whole new level to attunement swapping. For the utility skills i was thinking mantra like skills, like there would be conjure fire orb you would spend a few seconds to charge it and you would hold it in one hand and it would increase your burning damage till you cast it. Any feedback good and bad is welcome.

I kind of like the idea of no-weapons, a weapon that changes forms with respect to the attunement and this can allow ele gain access to both melee and range on the same build. Problem is, what to do with the current weapons when on this spec? And conjures will be even more useless, the most useless useless kind of utility.

@Auburner.6945 said:I kind of like the idea of no-weapons, a weapon that changes forms with respect to the attunement and this can allow ele gain access to both melee and range on the same build. Problem is, what to do with the current weapons when on this spec? And conjures will be even more useless, the most useless useless kind of utility.

Well, they kinda are already the most useless utility, people rarely use them, sometimes lightning hammer for open world pve and fgs for dungeons and raids but other than that their not very useful, but i see where your coming from and i think the conjure utilitys should get a rework to make them useful in some form.

@Auburner.6945 said:I kind of like the idea of no-weapons, a weapon that changes forms with respect to the attunement and this can allow ele gain access to both melee and range on the same build. Problem is, what to do with the current weapons when on this spec? And conjures will be even more useless, the most useless useless kind of utility.

Also here you ask what would happen to the equipped weapon and what would happen is that the stats from your weapon would be transferred over to the conjured weapon

@Lalaboompoo.1289 said:

@derd.6413 said:so replace attunment swapping with
new
conjure weapons swapping.

think i'll pass

Well, as multiple people either want longbow or greatsword for the ele's next weapon youll have to learn 20 new skills either way, except in this case theres more diversity.

the thing is: there wouldn't, all it'd do is introduce more cosmetic differences between the attunments at the cost of build diversity because you can't choose your weapon

@derd.6413 said:

new

think i'll pass

Well, as multiple people either want longbow or greatsword for the ele's next weapon youll have to learn 20 new skills either way, except in this case theres more diversity.

the thing is: there wouldn't, all it'd do is introduce more cosmetic differences between the attunments at the cost of build diversity because you can't choose your weapon

You make a good point, but the reason for that is so that it feels like a mix between weapon and element swapping at the same time but tbh i didnt really think about weapons, but i also dont think they can keep having elites adding a new weapon to the class because at some point every class will be able to use every weapon which doestn make much sense. This idea was to focus on the powers of the ele instead of the focus on powers from weapons.

@Lalaboompoo.1289 said:

new

think i'll pass

You make a good point, but the reason for that is so that it feels like a mix between weapon and element swapping at the same time but tbh i didnt really think about weapons, but i also dont think they can keep having elites adding a new weapon to the class because at some point every class will be able to use every weapon which doestn make much sense. This idea was to focus on the powers of the ele instead of the focus on powers from weapons.

that's fine but you can do that without removing the core weapons and no weapon especs would be the same as an espec that uses a statless weapon.

besides attunment swapping pretty much is weapon swapping already

@derd.6413 said:

new

think i'll pass

that's fine but you can do that without removing the core weapons and no weapon especs would be the same as an espec that uses a statless weapon.

Well the reason is that different weapons use different types of skills, it wouldnt make sense for your staff to be thrown like a spear/trident/used as a shield, different weapons have different skills, also the conjure weapons use your base weapon stats so technically conjures are already statless weapons by your definition.

@Lalaboompoo.1289 said:

new

think i'll pass

Well the reason is that different weapons use different types of skills, it wouldnt make sense for your staff to be thrown like a spear/trident/used as a shield, different weapons have different skills, also the conjure weapons use your base weapon stats so technically conjures are already statless weapons by your definition.

Also you say that element swapping is basically weapon swapping anyway which im kinda confused about because it doesnt contribute to your argument

@Lalaboompoo.1289 said:

new

think i'll pass

they're not weapons they're skills (and yes that does make a difference)

Also you say that element swapping is basically weapon swapping anyway which im kinda confused about because it doesnt contribute to your argument.

it does because your suggestion takes away from the class (the weapons and the stats they bring) for what amounts to a cosmetic change. the fact that attunment swapping already is like weapon swapping for the ele reinforces how little your idea would actually add to the class

you still havent explained why you think it would remove the eles stats, the stats from the equiped weapon would be added to the conjured weapon, you keep the stats as i have made clear several times, and you say it would add little to the class where your simply thinking of the weapon cosmetics when im thinking of the conjure side, as in multiple different combo abilitys for different weapons, i also had the mantra idea where you would create items that give buffs and different affects till you choose to use them.

@Lalaboompoo.1289 said:you still havent explained why you think it would remove the eles stats, the stats from the equiped weapon would be added to the conjured weapon, you keep the stats as i have made clear several times, and you say it would add little to the class where your simply thinking of the weapon cosmetics when im thinking of the conjure side, as in multiple different combo abilitys for different weapons, i also had the mantra idea where you would create items that give buffs and different affects till you choose to use them.

i reread all your comments and i think you might want to explain your concept slightly better because you've completly lost me.

So basically you equip a weapon with say 1k strength, all your conjures replicate the stats of the weapon you chose so that you dont lose the stats of the weapon, the reason there are multiple weapons for the conjurer that are based on element is because they use abilitys that are dependent on the weapon animation, for example there could be one ability where you throw a lightning spear and it summons lightning at the target location you chose forcing you to pick a new attunement till the attunement recharges, basically the conjures have skills that require the animation of the weapon as you cant throw/swing a scepter.

@Lalaboompoo.1289 said:So as the title shows i have a idea for a elite specialization, alot of the other ideas include ideas for the new weapon, but i think there should be no weapon, allow me to explain. So my idea is the conjurer where they have access to 4 different weapons that depend on your attunement like when you switch to water a water trident is created in your hands and when you switch to lightning you create a lightning spear, you would pick the weapon you want for the stats but instead of the weapon you chose being used, its the weapon you chose being used. Fire would be dual torch, water would be trident, lightning would be spear, and earth would be shield. Im not sure how skins would work out because the weapons would be made out of the elements, but i think it would bring a whole new level to attunement swapping. For the utility skills i was thinking mantra like skills, like there would be conjure fire orb you would spend a few seconds to charge it and you would hold it in one hand and it would increase your burning damage till you cast it. Any feedback good and bad is welcome.

Problem is weapons contain stats and runes. If you have no weapon you don’t have any of them. If you simple have a normal ele weapon and it is made to look like something else by your attunement it would be weird.

Again i will say, anything on your chosen weapon will be transferred to the conjured weapon meaning all the stats, runes, etc will be transfered just like normal conjures. And your weapon itself wouldnt change rather you would be unarmed while not in combat and when entering combat your weapon would appear based on your attunement. Like your scepter wouldnt have lightning extend out of it to become a spear rather you wouldnt have the scepter in your hand, you would have the scepters stats, just not the visual for said scepter.

@Lalaboompoo.1289 said:Again i will say, anything on your chosen weapon will be transferred to the conjured weapon meaning all the stats, runes, etc will be transfered just like normal conjures. And your weapon itself wouldnt change rather you would be unarmed while not in combat and when entering combat your weapon would appear based on your attunement. Like your scepter wouldnt have lightning extend out of it to become a spear rather you wouldnt have the scepter in your hand, you would have the scepters stats, just not the visual for said scepter.

This is quite a limiting thing and would be a terrible implementation, IMO.People already complain that ele is limited in certain ways due to his weapon choice and not having weapon swap. Now you are even removing the weapon choice.What this would do is that there is only one way to play the elite spec.

A staff weaver plays differently from a sword weaver. A staff tempest plays differently from a scepter/warhorn one.Your idea of the conjurer would be completely limited to its conjures.IMO, that would be terrible.

@Lalaboompoo.1289 said:So basically you equip a weapon with say 1k strength, all your conjures replicate the stats of the weapon you chose so that you dont lose the stats of the weapon, the reason there are multiple weapons for the conjurer that are based on element is because they use abilitys that are dependent on the weapon animation, for example there could be one ability where you throw a lightning spear and it summons lightning at the target location you chose forcing you to pick a new attunement till the attunement recharges, basically the conjures have skills that require the animation of the weapon as you cant throw/swing a scepter.

that's not so much a weaponless spec and more a spec with different weapon animations depending on attunement. this really is nothing more then a cosmetic change

@derd.6413 said:

@Lalaboompoo.1289 said:So basically you equip a weapon with say 1k strength, all your conjures replicate the stats of the weapon you chose so that you dont lose the stats of the weapon, the reason there are multiple weapons for the conjurer that are based on element is because they use abilitys that are dependent on the weapon animation, for example there could be one ability where you throw a lightning spear and it summons lightning at the target location you chose forcing you to pick a new attunement till the attunement recharges, basically the conjures have skills that require the animation of the weapon as you cant throw/swing a scepter.

that's not so much a weaponless spec and more a spec with different weapon animations depending on attunement. this really is nothing more then a cosmetic change

Its worse.Its a spec where you get one set of skills independent of the weapon you use.So you get the same skill bar regardless of using a staff or a dagger...Something like having a permanent conjure weapon that you can never drop.

The next elite spec ele needs (if there another one and that is in real doute) is boon control. Weapon swap will do nothing for the class filling a different roll. Right now ele and its 2 elite spec have no boon control at all so there is a real need for it.