Should the combat restrictions for mounts go away?!

They exists since I remember myself playing a few years ago, but they weren't so bad...running away from combat using waypoints is not really that bad nor importantBut with the mounts its different because you explore the area you're already in and its also getting more annoying with every foe forcing you into combat whether you want to fight or not.I think its very annoying we can't explore the maps without being forced to stop by that random harpie shooting an arrow at us to kill it, or being hit by a gas or a trap ,or worst when it get glitched and no matter how far you try to talk away from it you are still in combat.

Imo we should be able to mount while in combat, the mounts are not busy while we mount/dismout all day long but when we get hit by random foes suddenly they feel the need to disappear instead when we need them the most.I see no logic in this.

Of course they should not remove foes ability to dismount us and if they were to dismount us we should have a cooldown instead for maybe 5 seconds until we can mount again.

No, that would make everyone with a mount waaaaay too OP and turn the game into a complete joke for anyone that has mounts. We'd also have to (again) deal with low level areas with OP one-hit-kill raptors, except then, even damage scaling wouldn't help much except if mounts were given close to no damage on dismount.

There is a soultion for everythinglike applying a long cooldown for every mount skill attack easily that way people can't abuse it.

Also there is no challange with fighting regular foes, its pointless and obstructive especially when you have a goal in mind.Imagine being stopped every minute just to fight a foe, maybe get glitched and stuck in combat because why the kitten not and get time wasted.it happens especially in the desert maps when almost every enemy NPC can dismount you with 200% accuracy range attack.

@"InvaGir.9158" said:There is a soultion for everythinglike applying a long cooldown for every mount skill attack easily that way people can't abuse it.

Also there is no challange with fighting regular foes, its pointless and obstructive especially when you have a goal in mind.

It forces you to deal with an obstacle. You might not enjoy this, but it certainly is not pointless. Reaching your goal has less value when you have to invest 0 effort into reaching it or when you have 0 chance of failure.

Imagine being stopped every minute just to fight a foe, maybe get glitched and stuck in combat because why the kitten not and get time wasted.

I don't need to imagine this. I have no issue with this happening on a regular basis. If you do, maybe you need more practice in how to avoid enemies on mounts, how to time mount skills and how to make use of all your options given. Mounts already trivialize content to a very great extent.

it happens especially in the desert maps when almost every enemy NPC can dismount you with 200% accuracy range attack.

If only mounts had something similar to dodge which makes them immune to damage for a short amount of time... oh wait, they do (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enhanced_Evasion).

Now if only mounts had something which allowed a less skilled player to dodge twice as often... oh wait, they do (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bond_of_Vigor)

i voted yes, but with limitations. I find i very annoying that when i get to a spot something can't attack me, but because i'm apparently still in range or some stupid thing, but stuck in combat and nothing is hitting me, is plain rediculous. I would say allow mounting in combat, but only if something hasn't actually attacked/damaged you for like 10 seconds or something like that.

I would kill for this. I don't get knocked off, generally, instead I choose to dismount, to gather, collect a treasure chest, talk to an npc, etc. I am usually NOT in combat when I dismount.

However, POF maps being what they are, once I am dismounted, 3568744 enemies suddenly spring out of the woodwork as opposed to the one or two I anticipated fighting to remount. I wouldn't mind just killing a Harpy or two or a sand shark or Iboga but yeesh it is NEVER just a couple.

There is a rich Orichalcum vein in Desert Highlands that I think I have harvested once only because every time I am near it I glance around...ah yep two Ibogas. That really means ten plus. I'm heading to go do the something else I was already on the way to. It isn't worth fighting for ten minutes for the ore.

Even if they just reduced the aggro range I'd be happy. I do not have this problem in core maps or HOT. Even the little raptors aren't that terrible to deal with.

the real problem isn't the mounts... or the enemies... it is the aggro range... being surrounded by enemies from out of nowhere and enemies attacking and initiating combat from soo far away i believe 1200 range now... or maybe it was 1500... either way they can see and attack you from farther away than most classes can even hit them... its especially annoying with static defenses that initiate combat with you and then you cannot mount even if you get away from them cus your still "in combat" with a non-moving target

@"Adrianna.3092" said:the real problem isn't the mounts... or the enemies... it is the aggro range... being surrounded by enemies from out of nowhere and enemies attacking and initiating combat from soo far away i believe 1200 range now... or maybe it was 1500... either way they can see and attack you from farther away than most classes can even hit them... its especially annoying with static defenses that initiate combat with you and then you cannot mount even if you get away from them cus your still "in combat" with a non-moving target

and they chase down and you give in and go to attack them, they hit you once and then run off becoming invulnarable... that gets old real quick

I can see why the OP would like it. I've been "stuck" in combat before and it can be annoying to try to find a safe spot.

I can't see why ANet would want to do it. There are already ways to avoid mobs, to evade attacks. I find the game more interesting because I'm never in "god mode" where the environment (and its denizens) can be safely ignored.

Plus the situation isn't unique to the Mount Era. That's Orr 1.0 during 2012-13. If anything, I'd say it would be better to allow Waypoint usage, without allowing to mount up, because that allows people to escape combat.We don't even have to wonder what that would be like: we have exactly that in Dragonfall after the shrines are up: they are non-waypoint waypoints that can be used during combat. Stuck in too many foes to get to the next objective? Use the shrine. Hurrying from one boss in the post meta to the next? Use the shrines. We still don't get to mount up.I think that's a useful compromise in the context of the meta event. The rest of the time: hey, an island spawned by a dragon from out of the mists is bound to be dangerous.

Getting stuck in combat while trying to follow a tag during a PoF meta becomes a player imposed challenge as the rest of the group runs by on mounts ASAP, leaving those who were stuck just a little longer to deal with the leftover scaled up group of enemies.

So is having additional mobs swarming you while fighting because someone else on a mount ran by you on a PoF map.

Being forced into these situations by other players feels like something against the ToS (griefing, harassment), even if in reality the other players are just plain inattentive like so many are. Mounting in combat provides a chance for a reprieve instead of a guarantee for an annoyance.

I'm on board with the idea

IF

We make ALL enemies completely immune to crowd control so we can't just spam mount engage CC all day.

@"DaFishBob.6518" said:Getting stuck in combat while trying to follow a tag during a PoF meta becomes a player imposed challenge as the rest of the group runs by on mounts ASAP, leaving those who were stuck just a little longer to deal with the leftover scaled up group of enemies.

No matter what they are doing, the 5 seconds you're "stuck in combat" won't be enough to make you miss out on literally anything, no worries!

So is having additional mobs swarming you while fighting because someone else on a mount ran by you on a PoF map.

Mobs don't have long leash ranges. You were already in their range if this happened. It hasn't happened to me at all. Most of the enemies are hesitant to attack a moving target anyway.

Being forced into these situations by other players feels like something against the ToS (griefing, harassment), even if in reality the other players are just plain inattentive like so many are. Mounting in combat provides a chance for a reprieve instead of a guarantee for an annoyance.

Mobs die so quickly and rarely anybody would be mounted and ignore somebody who isn't on a mount. Why are you not on a mount? Are you fighting already? Unless they're breezing by on a beetle they usually help out because it takes 2 seconds to do so. What is annoying is an extremely long range attack, like the awakened archer aoe fields hitting you from a mile away. Or an Awakened Canine chasing you while ON MOUNT over the entire map with his dig attack with 0 ways to avoid it really. That I can understand.

@Blocki.4931 said:

Mobs die so quickly and rarely anybody would be mounted and ignore somebody who isn't on a mount. Why are you not on a mount? Are you fighting already? Unless they're breezing by on a beetle they usually help out because it takes 2 seconds to do so. What is annoying is an extremely long range attack, like the awakened archer aoe fields hitting you from a mile away. Or an Awakened Canine chasing you while ON MOUNT over the entire map with his dig attack with 0 ways to avoid it really. That I can understand.

Or a branded rock chucking a branded rock at you while standing on a floating out of reach branded rock. Look it may be true most people won't ignore a person not on a mount, but then again it may still happen that people will ignore a person. I can certainly remember doing an event entirely by myself while everyone else just hops on by on their mounts so it's not impossible which is the problem. And there's no mitigation available once bogged down in combat with a never ending stream of enemies.

The out of combat restrictions should be generally be replaced with a cooldown... the formerly combat restricted action should go into cooldown every time the player is hit. So if a player doesn't get hit for 20 seconds (or some other number), then they could mount up, swap gathering tools, etc.Mobs often de-aggro and go out of combat while players are still hitting them, and players are often stuck in combat after mobs run away. It is time this mess gets improved.

Or Anet could just change it so players get flagged out of combat if they neither attack or get hit for 20 seconds (or some other number). Amounts to the same thing.

@Random Wax Orc.7695 said:The out of combat restrictions should be generally be replaced with a cooldown... the formerly combat restricted action should go into cooldown every time the player is hit. So if a player doesn't get hit for 20 seconds (or some other number), then they could mount up, swap gathering tools, etc.Mobs often de-aggro and go out of combat while players are still hitting them, and players are often stuck in combat after mobs run away. It is time this mess gets improved.

Or Anet could just change it so players get flagged out of combat if they neither attack or get hit for 20 seconds (or some other number). Amounts to the same thing.

one of the main enemies with this sorta problem are stationary enemies.. like turrets and such... you can still be in combat with these enemies even if they can no longer hit you and combat wont end until you get ridiculously far away or you defeat that enemy... so i agree with your idea... however 20 seconds might be a bit much... that would probably make it take even longer to get on a mount that in currently does in most cases.

I feel like the reason this is a problem is in some areas enemies are both very difficult to escape from AND trivial to kill. So if you hop off your mount for whatever reason and are unlucky enough to get tagged you either have to run an absurd distance on foot or kill a bunch of nothing enemies until you've cleared a space big enough to get ooc. This serves no purpose other than to annoy the player and could be improved by either reducing the size of the area an enemy is willing to chase you though before giving up or make the enemies a legitimate threat so that there is actual risk involved. OP's suggestion could also be tweaked to solve the problem, but would be less desirable than either of these other options . . .

Far too easy to abuse as others have said.

Removing the restriction would see endless waves of people mounting and using their attack skill over and over to CC spam normal enemies into stunlocks while making breakbars a complete joke.

What I would argue for instead is the removal or refinement of that annoying combat lock that reduces your movement speed when you take damage and stops you from being able to swap your Utility skills around.This lock has been a severe nuisance in Gw2 ever since the game came out, largely in part to the fact it bugs out all the time and keeps you trapped in combat after defeating your target or the target loosing interest.It can also trap you in combat with skills you don't want to use such as signets you only have equipped for the movement speed boost, Mounts have remedied this a bit thanks to their mobility but it's still an annoying issue for people without them.

This system needs to be refined imo, for starters getting rid of the combat speed drop in PvE so if we choose to run we're not being crippled by slower run speed because the game bugged out and the thing that hit us is still trapping us in combat when it's not even in our view distance anymore >.<