Would you like to remove Mounts from WvW?

Menyus.4610

Meh, I am resigned to them. There are times when I get frustrated at their existence, but really I get a great kick out of pouncing on downs in zergs and ooc-ing so I can do it again. It seriously makes me crack up every time. My connection can't really handle zerg-play very well, so it is my way of having fun and being a (war)kitten in the process.

Whether we like it or not, the Warclaw is not going to be leaving the gamemode. I just wish we could get a better looking cat skin.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those... you're mad if you think having no dismount feature on this thing upon release is healthy for the game, let alone immune to all CC with triple evade and a health bar that can be bumped from 10k to 12k with any of the 10% max health increasing runes. Not having fun as a predominantly melee class trying to take down this thing... let alone it not being CC-able at all. The first step in the right direction was tweaking it as ineligible for capping/contesting... how far away is that dismount feature they were talking about?

Been said before my myself and others. Mounts should be an out of combat transportation tool, and should give absolutely no advantage in a fight, whether doing damage, or avoiding said fight. Dismounting an enemy should be extremely easy. We shouldn't have to run a broken soulbeast sic em build to do it.

I came back to WvW after a long break, I found it dull before, but I came back in to give it another go hoping it had got better since then, the server was dead, no groups and this was at a peak time there should have been hundreds of people in the map. I shouted up in map chat "where is everyone?" got a reply from 1 person saying WvW was on it's last legs due to "balance patches".I tried not to get disheartened and run around trying to find a group, even a small one would do. I don't have Warclaw because I wasn't there for when people were doing trains to unlock them, I spent 1 hour looking for somebody, ANYBODY from my server to run along with. Got bored and thought I'd beat down an npc guard just for something, anything to do, along comes 1 guy on WC and stomps me dead because I wasn't full health after guard. Left Wvw for good now, there's no point of going back it will just be dead servers and a few people taking advantage of those who don't have WC.If WC was supposed to be for balance it just made it so much worse. It was so boring and the one time anything did happen it wasn't even a fair fight, WvW is a huge waste of time now.Give everyone WC so all have the same equal footing going in or remove them from WvW, idc which, WvW fights should hang on player skill of designing and playing a build, not who got the mount and who doesn't.Yeah I get it people be like "noooooo I like my kitty" but let's face it we all liked WvW a lot more before it when the number 1 cause of player death wasn't boredom.

I don't mean to be a huge downer with this, but that last experience with WvW really hammered the last nail in the coffin in it for me. It's sad it's gone this way tbh.

Mounts that can do damage and finish people in a competitive game mode is stupid. If it could just move from point to point and maybe spat you off of it with stealth so you could move freely? Remove the damage, and keep the rest as I feel like it doesn't really do much more than slaughter roaming (Which already was on the decline) and make it harder to havoc.

I own the mount, love my mount but I still feel like it shouldn't exist within the way and context that it does as it is a gimmick and the game mode is suffering enough without the mount making it worse. You should at minimum make the maps larger and more spread out to compensate for mounts so its not easy to get back into the fray if you're dead. Make it rewarding to play, fun to play because right now its not none of the pvp is and thats a damn shame when you have such a wonderful combat engine..

@JonnyForgotten.4276 said:I voted to keep mounts. I tend to run very high speed thief builds, so actual travel time hasn't been affected much for me, but I do like not having to constantly do my travel rotation to stay at speed. :)

I do think, however, that there need to be some tweaks, namely:

1. Make an instant dismount skill that acts on both the player engaging and the one being engaged.
  2. Make the mount somewhat vulnerable to CC. Essentially give the Crippled effect if it gets hit with Cripple, Immob, or Chill.
  3. MAYBE lower the hp, although this may not be necessary if 2 happens.

I voted to remove mounts.

I feel ANet is wasting development hours on this completely irrelevant feature. Now that Warclaw is in the game people are asking for improvements - more waste.

Cut the losses, remove the mount and use the saved hours on real WvW issues instead.

Where is the option for "I realize mounts are never going to be removed"? Do I like the mount in WvW? I have it and i use it. I enjoy it at times. Does it cause some problems? Yes, it does. Is it ever going to be removed? No, it will not so I don't see the point in this poll.It will have changes made to it, at least that's what has been stated, but it is not going to get removed.

@"Mil.3562" said:I told you ANet. The more you give in to these forum participants, the more they will demand. It never ends.

After giving in to like 80% of their nerfing requests on the mount, now these active and vocal forum participants (which by the way comprises of just a tiny mini fraction of the player base) think " wth, since ANet has given in so much to our requests, might as well try our luck to remove it " lol

ANet doesn't need polls to know what MOST players want. When their player base starts to shrink drastically after certain changes. it couldn't be more obvious that something is wrong. Many casual players, and I really mean many, don't voice out what they are not happy about in the forum, they just stopped playing or take a break or go back to other mmos.

Take me, for example, I am with the game since launch but my playtime is less than 5000 hours. During my active years, including these two years, on average I spent about $50 to $80 every month on gem purchase. Real money, not gold conversation. I don't farm gold. Once, I even bought $200 worth of gems to convert them to gold just to buy the bifrost from the TP. When I enjoyed playing the game, that's nothing. I spend much, much more every month on my personal grooming and cosmetics.

But lately, I only login once every few days and for just 30 mins or an hour the most. And, I stopped spending money in this game after the recent nerfs and tedious content implementation. I don't enjoy playing this game anymore. I don't create topics in the forum and cry out for changes or nerfs. No. I just stopped playing and stopped spending. Simple. And, there are many like me.

Same boat but when they removed team queue and added mounts although I still play daily waiting for better days to come back.

@"GaijinGuy.8476" said:Where is the option for "I realize mounts are never going to be removed"? Do I like the mount in WvW? I have it and i use it. I enjoy it at times. Does it cause some problems? Yes, it does. Is it ever going to be removed? No, it will not so I don't see the point in this poll.It will have changes made to it, at least that's what has been stated, but it is not going to get removed.

Agree with this, however I still voted yes because firstly I can dream. But secondly (and predominantly) to communicate to the devs that many players are very unhappy with the way mounts are currently implemented in WvW. By seeing such a large portion of the players base disliking mounts so much that they would prefer them completely removed might hopefully lead them to compromise.Thus hopefully they will alter mounts so that they become more about out of combat movement rather than a combat dodger/barrier that can be used to completely avoid and/or gain an advantaged in fights.

@Doug.4930 said:

@"GaijinGuy.8476" said:Where is the option for "I realize mounts are never going to be removed"? Do I like the mount in WvW? I have it and i use it. I enjoy it at times. Does it cause some problems? Yes, it does. Is it ever going to be removed? No, it will not so I don't see the point in this poll.It will have changes made to it, at least that's what has been stated, but it is not going to get removed.

Agree with this, however I still voted yes because firstly I can dream. But secondly (and predominantly) to communicate to the devs that many players are very unhappy with the way mounts are currently implemented in WvW. By seeing such a large portion of the players base disliking mounts so much that they would prefer them completely removed might hopefully lead them to compromise.Thus hopefully they will alter mounts so that they become more about out of combat movement rather than a combat dodger/barrier that can be used to completely avoid and/or gain an advantaged in fights.

Indeed.

I see mounts like EoTM, core WvW players didn't ask for it, and when it was released every single commander laughed at what kinda joke it was. We all said it was attracting PvEers only and making it more ktrain, people said we were crazy and it was bringing new blood to WvW... All the same that is being said about the mount, and just like most other PvE content, PvEers grow tired of it (and reward nerf) and left, and the core WvW group that sticks around is left with an even more broken mechanic or totally abandoned map.

Not to mention how mad it makes the core WvW crowd in that those resources could have been given to teams working on balance or other bugs or features or QOL changes WvW players have been asking for, for quite literary YEARS. But nope, those things don't get worked on, no, lets add a totally broken mount to WvW, that requires tons of bug fixes once released and breaks the combat of WvW as a whole and requires even more resources that could be going to anything else, or even alliances.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Indeed.

I see mounts like EoTM, core WvW players didn't ask for it, and when it was released every single commander laughed at what kinda joke it was. We all said it was attracting PvEers only and making it more ktrain, people said we were crazy and it was bringing new blood to WvW... All the same that is being said about the mount, and just like most other PvE content, PvEers grow tired of it (and reward nerf) and left, and the core WvW group that sticks around is left with an even more broken mechanic or totally abandoned map.

Not to mention how mad it makes the core WvW crowd in that those resources could have been given to teams working on balance or other bugs or features or QOL changes WvW players have been asking for, for quite literary YEARS. But nope, those things don't get worked on, no, lets add a totally broken mount to WvW, that requires tons of bug fixes once released and breaks the combat of WvW as a whole and requires even more resources that could be going to anything else, or even alliances.

Well said and on point.

I'm pretty sure most of the people who would have voted "Yes" have quit. I definitely did, but I've got time to burn to post here and no other game is really holding my interest.

Seems silly to create a poll about such a divisive feature so long after it released when so many people accuse(d) it being being game-breaking, which with all the bugs and power at launch, it absolutely was.

Let's be objective here about the mount:

• It cuts visibility (weapons, etc.)
  • It increases visual clutter (more, large things moving on-screen)
  • It throws a huge monkey wrench into balance (huge hp, stability, movespeed, stomp)
  • It deteriorates a number of tactics employed for objective control due to its movespeed/escape potential in home turf (small groups cutting off respawns, etc.)
  • It alienates players away from the format who do not have the expansion

Those are facts. Regardless of opinion of how fun the content is, it's how it is. Game-wide, these aren't positives.

Even as just a perma-swiftness tool with none of the combat applications, I'd still be opposed to the idea from visual clutter/obfuscation alone because those things matter when you play off-meta and take disadvantaged fights, but would at least be somewhat indifferent about its existence.

My vote was No. I like the new gameplay.

• I have never been a fan of WvW. Travel on foot was too slow. I'm not very good so I'm a pretty soft target. I rarely get kills outside of being embedded in a zerg.
  • Threatening to Roleplay in /team chat is fun though! :smile:
  • Mounts increase my rate of travel to a pace that I enjoy, and give me additional durability. Being able to kitty-stomp someone who is downed gives me a greater chance of participating in a meaningful way besides giving out boons and hoping to tag enemies.

Adding this mount led to many positive things for me. If the vote is any indication, a majority of players like the change. I'm one of them.

WvW is far more fun for me since the Warclaw was added.

I still think the Warclaw should be a core game mount though and available to all players not just those with Path of Fire.This would solve some problems in WvW and in PvE as well and greatly diminish the feeling of Pay to Win that some people feel when they are unable to keep up with mounted players in both gamemodes.

There should be some punishment to being dismounted in WvW, perhaps a short CD on a players utility skills and they loose 10-15% of their health when dismounted or they dismount into a thick stack of vun giving the player who dismounted them a chance to get some big damage in before they can recover.I get why some feel it's a bit broken atmDismount someone only to end up in a 1v1 situation where they have full health and full access to all their skills while your hard hitter skills are all on CD having been wasted on the Warclaw.

• 7 months later...

I know this thread is from last year, but I'm bumping it because I think mounts in WvW are a really bad idea, unless they are super-easy to get.

This is because you now need them just to keep up with the zerg (if you can call it that, these days).

Haven't played at all for a couple of years and haven't played regularly for about 3.

Last time I played there were gliders, in WvW, but not mounts.

Really didn't like the Raptors in PVE, when they were introduced (they made me feel seasick), so didn't feel like jumping through the hoops required to get any of the other quirky mounts.

I then left the game (partly because of these mounts!) and came back to (not surprisingly) find mounts were now required in WvW, too.

Looked at the way to get them and it didn't look too bad, until it turned out the info on how to get them seems to be incomplete in the achieves description and is mixed up, with other mount-related achieves, on the Wiki page.

I don't even want the mount - I don't even like most of the mount designs, in general.

I'm only saying all this, because I doubt I am alone.

I just came back to take some screenshots, for another forum, thought I would quickly do some WvW (even though I have at least half forgotten everything!) and basically found I couldn't really do it, without a mount that I don't want and that is too complicated to get, for something you don't really want.

Don't get me wrong, I like mounts in other games - I just don't like the way they are done here, the way you are expected to get them, the lack of proper, clear instructions on how to get them and the fact that they have become more-or-less required in virtually every part of the game.

If this hadn't happened, I might have hung around, played a bit more and (inevitably!) spent some money here.

As it is, I probably won't.