What do you do for keybinding?

I use 1-5 and F skills as default. 6-0 are mapped on my mouse's side-butons (logitech G502)Tab as default, \ (key to the left of 1) is also the default weapon swap i think.Shift i use for swim down, Ctrl and Alt are as default.F is default, i switched around AD with QE (so i strafe on AD and rotate with QE).Z stows weapon, X walks, C is my mount skill, V is dodge, most menu binds are as default, but i added U for the PvP menu.I have different mounts as default (on C) but usually jackal, and i have each mount bound to a numpad key 1-5. Numpad 0 toggles action cam mode.< (key to the left of Z) is bound as the 180º skill but i rarely use it.I think that's pretty much it.

• 3 months later...

I know it has been brought up countless times but I really wish they would add an option to change shift from item and skill linking. So many games I play use shift to dodge and it is just easy for me to use. Other than prying the shift key off my keyboard (because I will still press it even with a rebind) does anyone have a solution to this? Half my deaths in PVP are due to me linking a skill and wondering why I stopped moving x.x

I always set R to auto run in any game. For this game I try to stick my mount to the T key (for Travel) and use the Ctrl and Alt combinations to use other mounts. Alt R for skimmer because traversing water is boring.

Z to toggle walking, X to stow and draw weapons, C to select targeted npc/object, V for mount special ability.

I try to not use 6-0 and bind them to Alt 1-5 because one of the previous games I played has a top bar for abilities so everything is reachable.

I also use the standard setup except for the mounts. I have a Corsair keyboard with 6 extra button on the left side.

G1 = RaptorG2 = SpringerG3 = SkimmerG4 = JackalG5 = GriffonG6 = Beetle

Will be a pain to keybind for our upcoming mounts, :lol: :p :p

I use a gaming mouse with 12 thumb buttons.

I have 1-5 weapon skills, weapon swap, stow weapon and dodge all bound to the thumb buttons.

F-abilities (the special ones for each class) are CTRL+thumb buttons.

Mounts are SHIFT+thumb buttons.

I only use my keyboard for my utilities and elite (Q, X, E and C) and my shift and ctrl modifiers for the thumb buttons on my mouse so my hand never has to come off WASD movement keys.

My special action key is also bound to the mouse just under the scroll wheel.

I could never, ever go back to playing MMOs without a good gaming mouse. No less than 6 thumb buttons for me. Best-purchase-ever.

I use:

• A razer orbweaver with one key per action for skills, special action, F1 to F5, up/down arrow keys, dodging and jumping.
  • On my main keyboard, the left programmable Gi keys for mounts and the CTRL key.
  • Mouse for moving, with swapping weapons and auto-run ® on its left buttons, and the F key (interact) on wheel clicking.

@Raithel.1345 said:I know it has been brought up countless times but I really wish they would add an option to change shift from item and skill linking. So many games I play use shift to dodge and it is just easy for me to use. Other than prying the shift key off my keyboard (because I will still press it even with a rebind) does anyone have a solution to this? Half my deaths in PVP are due to me linking a skill and wondering why I stopped moving x.x

Pretty sure you can bind shift to dodge as thats the key ive been using for profession skill 1

Pretty complicated, using autohotkey for right click camera toggle and mapping left/right click for weapon skills 1 and 2 respectively when the crosshair is active (ie when right click camera is held).

Basically I used and modified some of the old combat mode autohotkey script, trimming it down heavily for what I need (only a few things).

Action camera by comparison is not good enough. With autohotkey I can toggle on/off the crosshair rapidly (have this bound to F on the keyboard and also a side mouse button, very easy to reach and use rapidly) for moving the cursor to ground target things like blink, etc (then immediately reactivate crosshair) Has become very easy and fluid. For pbaoe I don't even need to do that - ie if I want to drop chaos storm at my feet I just aim the crosshair down. Even at range it can work - ie for jaunt and blink with "lock at max range if out of range" selected in the options menu - I just pan the crosshair up and hit jaunt or blink, very comfortable to use. Sometimes doesn't work due to pathing and terrain (then I pan the camera down and toggle off crosshair to flick the cursor), bur most of the time.

Targeting I still use tab targeting (different keybinds) for nearest, next, etc. I have pseudo detarget on C through using lock target - very useful key. Sometimes toggling off/on crosshair to manually select something with left click (again fraction of a second to do).

For the record I've been playing like this for years, and it's all simple 1:1 keybinds so nothing wrong with it. If anything it's even more simplified than the old combat mode.

Anyway aside from that:LShift - modifier for skills and free camera (I hold down to pan camera while crosshair is active, allowing me to look around - you can't do this in action camera afaik). Oh, also mount skill 2 because free camera keybind doesn't work there.Alt - also free camera.Space - dodge, mount skill 1Caps - jump/swim up (but I rebind Caps to something else using autohotkey so it isn't actually caps lock).V - about faceTab - interactQ - heal1-4 - shatters (profession skills)E - skill 3Shift+E - utility skillR - skill 4Shift+R - utility skillX - nearest (shift+x next target, also duplicated keybind on mouse for comfort, sometimes wanting to tab through on mouse)Z - stow weapon (shift+z previous target)C - pseudo detarget (lock target, just put cursor or aim away from enemies or any target and you drop target).5, tilde and shift+space = autorun (3 different binds for hand comfort. I just use autohotkey to make two of those keys the same).6 - mapB - special action (hate this keybind, waste of space for wvw but I need it in easy reach for pve...)

Mouse has many binds including blink and weapon skill 5 on thumb buttons, swap weapon on scroll wheel (when crosshair active. When crosshair inactive scroll wheel is zoom in/out of character) and middle mouse button when I want to be precise.

Other mouse buttons (don't really want to share what mouse I have as it's likely something most would never consider buying unless also using for things like star citizen) are uses for crosshair toggle, targeting, utility skills and elite (Jaunt is really easy to reach being just next to left click). I also have tilt mouse for dodge in case my hand gets tired of pressing spacebar sometimes - duplicate keybinds are crucial for comfort and avoiding strain, in my opinion.

Probably more I can't remember but that's a good chunk of it.

Edit - just seeing some other posts reminded me that A and D are not strafe left/right by default which totally boggles my mind. Keyboard turning is alien to me, I don't know how anyone can use it, so of course WASD is strafe in all directions only with mouse for camera turning. ;)

F1 to F5 unchanged.1 to 4 unchanged. Z for weapon skill 5.Two additional mouse buttons for healing and first utility skill, Q and E for two more utility skills. R for elite skill.F for contextual action, V for dodge, C for "special" (counter magic).Ctrl+[number] to both mount and dismount, V and X for mount skills 1 and 2.Simple Tab cycle or a mouse click for targeting (yeah, target play is my weakness).

Lefty here so I have left hand on mouse and right on keyboard.

Mouse left and right click are unchanged (camera+ selection).I have a Razer Ouroboros so I have two side buttons bound to interact and my auto-attack skill and the sensitivity clutch rebound to dodge.

Return is chatI use arrow keys for movementRight shift is jumpRight ctrl is swim downNum-0 is healNum-period is swap weaponsNum-1, 2, 3, and Enter is skill 2 through 5 (weapon)Num-4, 5, 6, and + is utilities and eliteNum-7 is the contextual special skillNum-8 is elite profession mechanic (e.g. soulbeast meld)Num-9 is mountDel, Ins, Home, pg-up and pg-dwn is usual profession mechanics (e.g. pet attack, return, pet swap, ele attunements etc.)End is stow weapons

It sounds so cacky handed but I'm so used to it now its second nature.

Strafe Left = aStrafe Right = d

Weapon skill 1 = qWeapon skill 2 = eWeapon skill 3 = rWeapon skill 4 = fWeapon skill 5 = t

Healing Skill = Mouse

Utility Skill 1 / Mount Skill 1 = Left Shift (shared bind)Utility Skill 2 = MouseUtility Skill 3 = Left CtrlElite Skill = Mouse

Profession Skill 1 = 4Profession Skill 2 = 3Profession Skill 3 = 2Profession Skill 4 = 1

Special Action = ZAuto Run = \

Dodge / Mount Skill 2 = Mouse (shared bind)

About Face = g

Call Target = 6

Mounts are f1 -- f5, with ` for beetle

• 11 months later...

I have bound the skills I need to use for fighting on my left keyboard, and the rest is on the right. [split keyboard, two distinct halves]. I often even put the right side away so I can put the mouse closer to the left....

On my mouse I have two keys: the auto attack and the elite skill.

@Raithel.1345 said:I know it has been brought up countless times but I really wish they would add an option to change shift from item and skill linking. So many games I play use shift to dodge and it is just easy for me to use. Other than prying the shift key off my keyboard (because I will still press it even with a rebind) does anyone have a solution to this? Half my deaths in PVP are due to me linking a skill and wondering why I stopped moving x.x

i have shift binded as dodge in almost every game and i found a way to avoid that in gw2 is to click on ur chat box to make it active and then shift click items u wanna link, this way ur character will never dodge. but yea options to change that is always welcome if they ever pay attention.

• 1 year later...

Can I add to this? I am struggling with this as well. I am happy that GW2 does not need so many bindings for your core skills. But I still keep hitting the wrong keys or move the hand to the wrong place when returning to WASD after hitting that skill not so close to them.

The most important keys to me are Space, Q, E and X, Mouse 4 and 5 (I have just a basic gaming mouse). These are all easily accessible with my thumbs or do not take my middle finger from the W key. Anything out of this is a problem for me; even the 1-5 keys as they are too far off WASD.

So I try to use these keys only and modify them with Shift and CTRL which I can easily access with my pinky. That gives me 6x3 keys which SHOULD be enough for everything important. BUUUUUT, the mental model is not straightforward. It is a lot easier to mentally assign keys inline with the UI interface (i.e. 1-5 keys for 5 skills, or RFV for a group of 3 skills like the Guardian's virtues). I have a suboptimal bindings now as I was mainly playing open world to complete the map POI achievement. But when I tried AC with my low level Guardian it showed. I have a Razer keyboard and a G9 mouse. So there are a lot of options I am not exploring like custom lighting and mouse modifiers. I will experiment with those.

I would love though to have access to mods. My WoW interface had the buttons arranged to mimic their disposition on the keyboard. It was so much easier.

I got a logitech g600 mouse with 12 side buttons. Movement is WASD, weapon skills are 1,2,3,Q,E. On the mouse bottom row is prof skills 1-4, second row is heal and utility skills, top row is elite, prof skill 5, special action, skyscale. Weapon swap on pinky button.