Should the combat restrictions for mounts go away?!

@InvaGir.9158 said:it happens especially in the desert maps when almost every enemy NPC can dismount you with 200% accuracy range attack.

Where are these enemy NPC that can dismount you? All I've seen in the years I've been playing in POF zones is mobs that deal damage to the mount, damage than be avoided with skill usage (mounts got skills, use them), positioning and simply running out of range. I've never been dismounted by a single attack.

@Etria.3642 said:I'm heading to go do the something else I was already on the way to. It isn't worth fighting for ten minutes for the ore.

If it takes you 10 minutes to kill some ibogas you have a different kind of problem.

I voted Yes but ONLY with a long enough cooldown on par with an elite skill. Also add a reduction in the mount's attack damage while in combat. Mount attack should only be full strength if you are not in combat when you strike to give the added effect of surprise. If you are in combat then the damage is halved or some reasonable level. If you are mounted and haven't attacked but an enemy gets the drop on you then your mount's damage is reduced. If you remount after cooldown but are still in combat the damage is reduced. Only surprise attacks should get full damage.

Another option is for them to eliminate mount damage entirely during combat remount but replace it with a boon given to allies or conditions to enemies. Each mount could give a different boon or condition.

@Adrianna.3092 said:the real problem isn't the mounts... or the enemies... it is the aggro range...This. The problem is not with mounts. The problem is with some maps having mob density (and aggro range) that put you in combat within seconds almost anywhere, with only very few safe spots (often placed out of the way).

I still remember the original Orr maps. And i still remember, why the mob density and respawn rates got reduced severely there. Too bad someone forgot the lesson from that time, though.

I can't even mount because my necromancer minions are hell bent on not following me. It is the same for any class that spawns something.

It takes me 30 seconds or longer of running and avoiding more mobs in front of me (if I'm even successful of doing that) before I can even mount and leave the area. I don't even have the option to despawn the minions.

I would gratefully appreciate it being an invisible debuff based on the last time you received damage from an enemy.

I'd rather have them fix the in-combat range than this. It is, as the OP stated, quite annoying to be stuck in said state even when already "miles" away and the enemy isn't even chasing you! (In that case you have to track back and kill the enemy in question before you can run at normal speed again, mount up etc.)

@runeblade.7514 said:I am conflicted. I would vote no. But the long condi duration annoys me a lot when I kill all the enemies and I can't get on the mount because of the condi inflicted.

That should be looked into as well. It makes zero sense that you can't mount up while suffering from a condition like crippled or weak. Only the in-combat state should count towards that mechanic. But I guess it would involve additional work to figure out how a condition would affect your mount.

I agree with @Ashantara.8731. lt's silly I am still in combat but the foe I decided not to kill is already completely rehealed (which happens when he's out of combat), but apparently still is locked on you so you cannot mount. And moving away isn't always an option, as you'll guaranteed be moving into another area swarming with new foes that will happily keep you from mounting.

@LadyRhonwyn.2501 said:I agree with @Ashantara.8731. lt's silly I am still in combat but the foe I decided not to kill is already completely rehealed (which happens when he's out of combat), but apparently still is locked on you so you cannot mount. And moving away isn't always an option, as you'll guaranteed be moving into another area swarming with new foes that will happily keep you from mounting.

Find something to glide off of. It will break combat and you can mount in the air if you have that unlocked.

Would be nice if you could remount after a certain amount of time of not having attacked (x) and not being attacked (y), x>>y, both resetted upon normal ooc status.

That would rule out repeated Mount-wiping. The goal, after all, is to help when you are travelling, esp in a train, whether meta, hp, or bounty, or even just a party, all of which require u to keep up with the main body. You don't need an adventure/journey every time you want to travel somewhere that you've already explored before. You can get that fix elsewhere. You only explore once - after that, you have specific destinations and goals in mind.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:I'd rather have them fix the in-combat range than this. It is, as the OP stated, quite annoying to be stuck in said state even when already "miles" away and the enemy isn't even chasing you! (In that case you have to track back and kill the enemy in question before you can run at normal speed again, mount up etc.)

Agree!

@runeblade.7514 said:I am conflicted. I would vote no. But the long condi duration annoys me a lot when I kill all the enemies and I can't get on the mount because of the condi inflicted.

That should be looked into as well. It makes zero sense that you can't mount up while suffering from a condition like crippled or weak. Only the in-combat state should count towards that mechanic. But I guess it would involve additional work to figure out how a condition would affect your mount.

It is the in combat state that counts - having a condition keeps you in combat. What they would have to do is create specific exceptions, and that seems needlessly complicated to code. There's a much simpler sollution: slot condition removal when in areas with long duration conditions.

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:It is the in combat state that counts - having a condition keeps you in combat.

Should have phrased that more clearly. I meant "in combat" as in being aggro'd by an enemy. Yes, conditions keep you in combat as well, you would have to separate the two in order to make it possible to mount up while sufferig from a condition.

@Yargesh.4965 said:

@LadyRhonwyn.2501 said:I agree with @Ashantara.8731. lt's silly I am still in combat but the foe I decided not to kill is already completely rehealed (which happens when he's out of combat), but apparently still is locked on you so you cannot mount. And moving away isn't always an option, as you'll guaranteed be moving into another area swarming with new foes that will happily keep you from mounting.

Find something to glide off of. It will break combat and you can mount in the air if you have that unlocked.

A bit difficult if the reason you want to mount up is because you're in a gorge somewhere :p