Low FPS since last patch.

Yesterday, about 16 hours ago, the game was running just fine. I took a break and when I returned, 4 hours later, a small patch came out. I updated and since then, my FPS, which normally is 30~70, depending on the area, is now at 6~13.

I have tested multiple maps, and no matter how many players are in the area, the fps won't go up. I also tried lowering the graphics to a minimum, still, no change.Every other game I have runs just fine.

My specs:

Processor: AMD FX 6300 3.50 GHzRam: 8gb ddr3 1333 MHzGraphic Card: AMD Radeon HD 5770SSD: Kingston 120gb (just for gw2)

PrintsFPS after patch with the graphics I normally use: https://ibb.co/JqmDzrmFPS with everything on low: https://ibb.co/yffCGBS

I hope someone can help me.Thank you in advance.

@Xehanort.7936 said:

@Tchurrul.3902 said:I opened a ticket and now i'm formatting my computer, just in case. If that doesn't help, i'll be force to take a break, it seems.

Thank you for the reply!

Mine 8970m is not turning on anymore, and is just this game. Might be an GW2/ATI problem. But since i'm on switchable graphics we dunno.

Sorry to see you're also having issues. But i'm also glad i'm not the only one haha

@Xehanort.7936 said:

@Tchurrul.3902 said:I opened a ticket and now i'm formatting my computer, just in case. If that doesn't help, i'll be force to take a break, it seems.

Thank you for the reply!

Mine 8970m is not turning on anymore, and is just this game. Might be an GW2/ATI problem. But since i'm on switchable graphics we dunno.

If you have switchable GPU, make sure GW2 is set to actually use the better graphics card. You could have lost your settings in Radeon control panel and it's using the worse GPU.

Not sure if its the case with laptops/switchable GPUs but I always had trouble with Radeon Control Panel/WattMan sticking in idle power clock states(150/300 instead of 1340/2030mhz) with Gw2 and only Gw2.

I disabled Radeons control over that and use MSI Afterburner with custom "2d/3D" clock profiles and solved that problem.

@Hitakashi.5063 said:

Thank you for the reply!

If you have switchable GPU, make sure GW2 is set to actually use the better graphics card. You could have lost your settings in Radeon control panel and it's using the worse GPU.

I don't have a switchable GPU. But thanks for the tip!

@"MrFayth.3546" said:Not sure if its the case with laptops/switchable GPUs but I always had trouble with Radeon Control Panel/WattMan sticking in idle power clock states(150/300 instead of 1340/2030mhz) with Gw2 and only Gw2.

I disabled Radeons control over that and use MSI Afterburner with custom "2d/3D" clock profiles and solved that problem.

I tried that yesterday and it didn't help.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

• Try -repair on your Gw2-64.exe shortcut.
  • Make sure you don't have GW2 installed in C:\Program Files\

I formatted my computer just to make sure it wasn't a problem with it. Cleaned it as well. Used old windows updates, but all for no good. Since that tiny patch, my game simply cannot run, no matter what I do.

I've done everything I could. It's clear that this is a mistake they made. I never had any problems with my game. It always ran smoothly. Now I can't play.

Thank you all for the tips and the responses <3

@Tchurrul.3902 said:I formatted my computer just to make sure it wasn't a problem with it. Cleaned it as well. Used old windows updates, but all for no good. Since that tiny patch, my game simply cannot run, no matter what I do.

I've done everything I could. It's clear that this is a mistake they made. I never had any problems with my game. It always ran smoothly. Now I can't play.

Try run GW2 in Windows 7 compatibility mode. Second thing worth trying, run it with Administrator privileges.

I would like to provide a solution for people using AMD switchable graphics. I've tried installing old leshcat drivers but i suppose you don't need to go that far. I tried new drivers and the same problem happened: the card doesn't turn on. But if you go to RADEON SETTINGS > Preferences tab > click Radeon Advanced Settings: Look at the switchable graphics tab and see what programs are listed there, chances are for some reason unknown to me that GW2-64.exe is not listed there, click to add application find your Guild Wars 2 executable then use the high performance profile. That is it. I have added the game on the main Radeon settings app but for some reason it was not working, i even tried rolling the vbios for a unmodded version.

Dis is me setup:Clevo P150EM8970Mi7 3920XM (This processor is a furnace)12GiGis of RAM128G SSD2TB internal HDDS

@MrFayth.3546 said:

I've done everything I could. It's clear that this is a mistake they made.

I think not. Your hardware configuration is still pretty common. The tech support forum would be flooded with like posts if it was a mistake on Anets end.

I reached out to an in game friend of mine who has a similar configuration in one of his computers. After the tests he reached and showed me the screenshots.He is getting 4~28 fps, depending on the areas. 28 In somewhat populated areas, 4 in more populated ones. He used to get a steady 40~50. Never bellow 30.

His setup is:

cpu: AMD-4100 FXgpu: Radeon RX 480memory: 16gb

So I don't believe the problem is on my end at all.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Tchurrul.3902 said:I formatted my computer just to make sure it wasn't a problem with it. Cleaned it as well. Used old windows updates, but all for no good. Since that tiny patch, my game simply cannot run, no matter what I do.

Try run GW2 in Windows 7 compatibility mode. Second thing worth trying, run it with Administrator privileges.

Already did all of those and more. The support team is helping me out and we have tried many things, including those. but no luck so far. Currently they are giving me instructions to change my router configuration. Nothing that I haven't done yet, though. just like the admin mode and compatibility mode. It was something I did because I had nothing else left in my sleeves, since I never heard of internet connection messing with the fps.

They are covering every side of what might cause issues and that is good.

So I will keep trying and following their instructions.

@Xehanort.7936 said:I would like to provide a solution for people using AMD switchable graphics. I've tried installing old leshcat drivers but i suppose you don't need to go that far. I tried new drivers and the same problem happened: the card doesn't turn on. But if you go to RADEON SETTINGS > Preferences tab > click Radeon Advanced Settings: Look at the switchable graphics tab and see what programs are listed there, chances are for some reason unknown to me that GW2-64.exe is not listed there, click to add application find your Guild Wars 2 executable then use the high performance profile. That is it. I have added the game on the main Radeon settings app but for some reason it was not working, i even tried rolling the vbios for a unmodded version.

Dis is me setup:Clevo P150EM8970Mi7 3920XM (This processor is a furnace)12GiGis of RAM128G SSD2TB internal HDDS

I don't have switchable gpus. But I have tested with gpu Z to see if the video card is working properly and it is. I can share the logs, if possible.

I did try to mess with the radeon settings just now, after a few changes, no improvement. So I changed everything back to the way it used to be and I'll wait for the support team, I guess...

I honestly cannot think of anything else. My computer continues to run smoothly with any other game I play. Just the way it used to be. Only gw2 is unplayable. I tried checking the update notes to find the changes they made that night, but there is nothing about a patch after the big one that added the new skyscale skin.

So nothing, so far, made me think it's not on their side. Because I've done everything I could on mine and everything else still works, it's just gw2. In fact, hours before that patch I played and the game was running just fine.

What is more frustating for me is that not only I've been playing since launch, I just bought the game to a friend 3 weeks ago so we can play together and I can't play at all.

Still, I'd like to thank you all, once again, to try and help out!