Screen is getting to cluttered.

Graphic effects are imo increasingly becoming a problem. Not only in terms of FPS (yea, ok, might blame my crappy computer for that), but especially in terms of blocking out the relevant things. The skyscale - much as I like it especially to get to places or even to put in some afk-time without having to resort to a guild hall or the like - for me is becoming increasingly annoying - especially with people fluttering in the middle of the action at the current boss event bonus. In some places it is almost impossible to see what is going on because the entire screen is just covered with either fluttering wings (if you zoom out) or various graphic effects (if you zoom in). It would be great to have an option to turn player 'animation' off.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Friendly reminder that complaining about nametags doesn't make much sense since we already have options to remove them or reduce them to simple dots in WvW.

Which we have no option in open world pve. That is the issue. Zergs is incredibly bloated with nametag spam.

We can take away both friendly and unfriendly name tags in pve

I've been cryi... calling for both an FX reduction + GUI overhaul forever. So have many others, since launch. E.g., reducing the particle effects in size, brightnes and/or opacity, moving or hiding GUI elements and switching off some animations. The boon/condition icons, otoh, could be larger.

All that seems rather trivial, but apparently profound reasons against it exist. Perhaps the GUI is hard-coded and the source code left along with a member of staff? Merely guessing, ofc.

@LucianDK.8615 said:Zergs is incredibly bloated with nametag spam.Color-coded, vertical HP bars with a class icon on top worked better in another MMORPG.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Friendly reminder that complaining about nametags doesn't make much sense since we already have options to remove them or reduce them to simple dots in WvW.

Which we have no option in open world pve. That is the issue. Zergs is incredibly bloated with nametag spam.

please tell me how, never been able to find anything!

@LucianDK.8615 said:

Open up the options, right infront of you near the top of the 'tick' list theres 2 options, 'Show all Player Names' 'Show all NPC Names', just untick them. (Player Pets use the NPC option)

I turn them off whilst doing the WB runs then turn them back on after :) I also go into the Graphics option and turn the character limit down to medium (less players onscreen = Less spell clutter on screen), then back to high once done.

The one thing I want more than anything else is to turn off ability tooltips, some of those cover the ENTIRE top to bottom of the screen and prevent you from seeing anything >< Come on ANET it's 2019, this options been in other games for DECADES!

@Ryukai.6524 said:

Open up the options, right infront of you near the top of the 'tick' list theres 2 options, 'Show all Player Names' 'Show all NPC Names', just untick them. (Player Pets use the NPC option)

I turn them off whilst doing the WB runs then turn them back on after :) I also go into the Graphics option and turn the character limit down to medium (less players onscreen = Less spell clutter on screen), then back to high once done.

The one thing I want more than anything else is to turn off ability tooltips, some of those cover the ENTIRE top to bottom of the screen and prevent you from seeing anything >< Come on ANET it's 2019, this options been in other games for DECADES!

Problem is that it works when NOT in a group. But as soon I go in a group nameplates appears.

@"Mokk.2397" said:Other things are the pops ups like skill definitions and loot boxes right in the middle of the screen .Not good things to happen in combat.Being able to disable some of these things would be a great help .

So much this! :+1: Been asking for tooltip adjustment features for years now. But this usually starts a "Stop being a clicker" discussion, as if that's the only reason a tooltip might block your sight in the middle of combat. You can accidentally mouse over those as well, or over elements other than the skills (if you accidentally click on the XP bar, for instance, it will pop up your Masteries window). And how many times have I accidentally hit the Novelties instead of the Mount icon myself (I right-click the Mount icon to quickly switch between mounts as I don't see a reason to waste keybinds for this, plus the number of mounts keeps growing and my number of keys is limited ;) ).

Anyway, I think we all can agree that adding more convenience to the UI by adding options and customization wouldn't hurt. The graphical effects clutter is bad enough, we don't need the UI to add more inconvenience to combat.

The WvW dot thingie nameplate should be also implented for open world squad. And give us the option to completely hide the nameplate of squad. Having 40 nameplates on the screen really destroys the immersion. It is open world, we don't need that info at all.Lately I've noticed in big groups that my computer is just cutting away characters, maybe even NPCs. They disappear and than pop back in. It is really getting out of hand. I don't have the latest PC but haven't had an issue until lately at all with highest settings for most. Now I am just reducing details everywhere and is still getting worse.