Returned again to pvp to test how things are...

Mefiq.7039

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Mefiq.7039 said:Still i hate to say it guys but once you make fights longer roamers like rev thief and mes will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO insanely good. (As a thief i would be mad because i would be something more that decap bot)

Cuz teefs are great in long fights lmao

if fights are longer than 3sec You actually can +1 easy and isnt that Thief only strong point?

@Zawn.9647 said:

@"Vithzerai.3291" said:Skills and traits have varied multipiliers and scaling, so just nerfing everything by a flat percentage isn't very feasable - some things will be out of proportion.And that aside, just nerfing healing won't be enough to stop everything from just surviving indefinitely if you nerf damage so hard.

Did i said to reduce some multipliers?Just a blanket reduction on damage done. Everyone will be scaled completely equally in reductions, thus the current classes would work the same and stack the same, but their damage and healing would be way lower.Also, why "nerfing healing won't be enough to stop everything from just surviving indefinitely"? Currently immortal builds are immortals because of massive amounts of self-healing they can produce. Scale down all healing and their survival will scale down as much as damage of other classes.It seems you have massive problems with math, so i will help you out:

Scenario 1
(about classes who can 1-shot nearly anyone)Class A does 8k damage per sec.Class B does 4k healing per sec.This means that class A does 100% more damage than class B does healing. Technically, class B loses 4K HP per sec, so a class with 20k HP dies in 5 sec (however, in reality it is closer to 1 sec).After nerf, class A: 8000 x 20% = 1.6k damage per secAfter nerf, class B: 4000 x 15% = 0.6k healingSo, after blanket nerf class A does 166% more damage than class B does healing. However, 1-shoting becomes impossible and glass cannons will be forced to play more tactically instead of relying on one trick, because to kill anyone with 20k HP would take up at least 20 sec.Basic math shows that it would solve issue with 1-shot classes and make the game WAY MORE focused on tactical and skillful play.
Scenario 2
(about immortal builds)Class A does 4k damage per sec.Class B does 5k healing per sec.This means that class B does 25% more healing than class A does damage, so class B is technically unkillable by class A no matter what.After nerf, class A: 4000 x 20% = 0.8k damage per secAfter nerf, class B: 5000 x 15% = 0.75k healingSo, after blanket nerf class A does 6% more damage than class B does healing. This would allow class A to kill class B and would solve the problem with immortal classes, but it would not completely delete viability of such classes, because for class A to kill class B (assume it have 20k HP once again) it would take up to 400 sec.Oh, look, math solves everything once again.

best solution... i dont agree with the numbers itself, but its a matter of tweaking. (400s to kill someone is really close to immortal to me)

Drastically reducing damage and healing will just see kitting play (i.e. mobility or sniper builds) becoming predominant and low mobility classes will become useless.

I was playing on and off just like you... Around February I realized that it's just time to let go. GW2 had good PvP in the past and will have some of my best gaming memories forever, but PvP is a shell of it's former self. The playerbase is too low to have consistent competition, PvP updates are extremely slow, and balance has been terribly ever since PoF and has barely gotten better. Unfortunately I haven't found any games good enough to fill the void but c'est la vie; still better than being angry at the state of the game every match.