[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

the game desperately needs a checkbox option in the keybinds section for character-only keybinds. being forced to use the same keybinds on every character and every build is awful and the "solution" to just rebind my abilities every single time i change characters or builds is not a solution at all. other games have had this option for years, gw2 needs to catch up.

Please, improve in-game report tool. As for now players could only select the reason for report. My suggestions:1) Make a chatbox for description.2) If it's possible, it would be nice to have screenshot attach option or linking from Documents folder directlyWhy this?Just a simple explanation:Recently on matriarh i saw 3 ppl on a 3 different acc, that entered the agame 1 after another. All of them are core engineers with char-names like: Experiment A, Probe B, Someshit C...My thoughts that it might be multibotting. All i can do is to send Botting repoort on 3 different accounts without any description or screen-proofs for faster reaction.(Ofc i could try to do this through support, but supp is for in-game problems, i think. Not for reporting. And i should have an opportunity to report in-game).So, can u made improvements to report tool?(P.S.: many ppl could see such engineers stacks on 9:00 + metatrains, teq e.t.c. Even on ascalonian ghosts dust farm. Is this legal? Some reaction?)To prevent discussion "Multiboxing &/not/ botting" lest give another example:Recently on wvw one mithril pew-pew soulbeast was killing me and my friend in a row. Its OK. Nobody cares about my skills exept me. But then he blocked me and started whispering abusing me, my skill e.t.c . (and i can't reply aniything, nice). I wanted to have an opportunity to add chat screens for reason of 100% ban but i could not do this. All i could is to send verbal abuse report.

Letting us decide if we want to start Living World Season 2 Like (HOT,POF and other living world episode) would really help.Because then after completing (Killing Zhaitan + Scarlett's war recap) we will have no quest pointer.

A lot of people wanted to remove quest but this is as close at it is going to get i guess which is very easy for anet to implementAs, options to manually turn on content already exist ( POF + HOT) main story line also people can complete lvl 80 quest like zhaitan storyline which is not that long like lws2 and also rewarding and be done with story marker in their alt character.

Please add salvage all rare and lower to the salvaging kits.It irks me that there is a salvage all masterwork and lower option, salvage fine and lower, but under rare, the option is just salvage all rare.Surely, if you are prepared to salvage all rare, you do not care about masterwork and fine?Please add "and lower" to the salvage rare option.

@"knh.9102" said:the game desperately needs a checkbox option in the keybinds section for character-only keybinds. being forced to use the same keybinds on every character and every build is awful and the "solution" to just rebind my abilities every single time i change characters or builds is not a solution at all. other games have had this option for years, gw2 needs to catch up.

AgreedI THINK the ideal version is:Save as many different keybind profiles as you want with different namesAll your characters have access to all the profilesEach character saves its currently selected profile separately

This way you can have keybinds setup for multiple builds on the same character, and non-combat activities as well like Dragon Ball and Instruments.

I don't know the logistics behind it, but I think it would be a great QoL feature to allow players to choose the orientation of the skybox/picture in Twilight, Sunrise and Eternity. I'm sure a good portion of the player base have their own favourite portion or colour of the pictures, but when doing content we tend to use the same perspective which understates how dynamic the skyboxes are. If we could rotate the picture It'd spice up the feel of the weapon while also letting it feel more customizable and expressive.

@"Stu Grockalot.2937" said:Please add salvage all rare and lower to the salvaging kits.It irks me that there is a salvage all masterwork and lower option, salvage fine and lower, but under rare, the option is just salvage all rare.Surely, if you are prepared to salvage all rare, you do not care about masterwork and fine?Please add "and lower" to the salvage rare option.

I suspect most people use a more expensive salvage kit for rares and so would not wish to salvage lower quality items with it. Of course, if your suggestion was implemented, one could still use a cheaper salvage kit to salvage all masterwork and lower first.

Slightly buff other mounts so that they’re not so completely outclassed by the Skyscale.

Raptor, Jackal, Beetle: Give 25% faster endurance regen. Faster speed makes them more useful and using their skills more often makes them more fun to use.Springer: Decrease charge time for its high jump by 25%. The Skyscale can go higher than the Springer ever could. Let the Springer jump faster so that it is still useful for going up fast.Skimmer: Let it swim. Do we really need to go from a ground mount on land, then switch to Skimmer on shallow water, then switch to a (whatever new) swimming mount when we go under water, then switch back to Skimmer for shallow water, then switch back to ground mount on land?Griffon: Give it a slight forward lunge when it jumps so that it’s not completely worse than the Skyscale for everything but long range travel.

1. Preview infusions and auras with our legendaries/weapons or equipment with effects PLEASE!

2. There are 2 ways to acquire legendary weapons. Precursors randomly dropped in the world through various means then using them to craft combined with gifts in the mystic forge or starting the collection associated with that item.

Currently these collections are the only way to gather specific gadgets like the Tiny Chromatic Ooze. Those working on the legendary via the mystic forge method will miss out on such gadgets. >

My request for QoL change is to unlock such gadget toys on the account or provide the item in inventory (such as the ooze) for each time someone completes the mystic forge method of forging a legendary. Such gadgets can be reaquired via a vendor/per completion of a mystic forge recipe (if i want to forge more than 1 Juggernaut, i would get that many ooze gadgets in inventory if space permits )

Doing the collection only rewards it once as it should be.

Please give us an option to bind a "Hide/Show All Players Name" toggle to a some key, something just like the "Show/Hide UI" (ctrl shift H) but with our life and skills on.(I know there's an option in menu to hide it, but a keybinding shortcut would be great, doind the world bosses this week all I see is green scribbled letters everywhere).

Dear developers,

With the recent change of stat selectable items, including trinkets, maybe it is also a good time to reconsider to bring back those ascended trinkets removed from the laurel merchants back in Sep. 3, 2013? Or, maybe they will eventually return in another form?

i.e., following:Jewel of AhdashimStar of ElonaThe Golden LotusSandford's MedallionThe Shiniest ShinyVekk's Solidified Aether CircuitSnaff's GyreYakkington's RingCircle of LightMarriner's CompassArmbrace of TruthEgg of the Crystal QueenConsortium CharmMoon Shell

Thank you!

@"NeverLoseGuy.3894" said:Fists.

That's right, just fists. I wanna punch people with barehands and no weapons. You could make a set of profession-specific skills when unequipped or just give a universal set like uppercut, or a chained punching skill. If it's a profession that already has physical skills you can replace it with something more unique like say, "Warrior's Charge" that burns enemies or something.

I second this idea. I have a Rev that I'd like to use shield and fist instead of shield and sword (cosplay reasons). Creating a sword that is basically just your fist would be pretty awesome. Give it some flair or flashy move, I dunno. It might be easier to implement instead of a new profession or class skill, but I like this idea.

So, hear me out fully, but... another of my fav MMOs did something that I feel like GW2 would really benefit from implementing in its own way: They removed the level-zone correlation. Bear with me here—

I know we already have level scaling in reverse. When you're above the level of the zone and still play there, you're scaled down. That's cool. A+. However, I suggest expanding upon this now that we have game expansions and expansion-specific maps. I'd like to see central Tyria (and ONLY central Tyria), opened completely to any character, level 1-80. Most of the storytelling in these zones is highly environmental. There isn't a through-line until you get to the very high level maps, so I don't see there being much point in level-blocking them. Keep the dungeons level-blocked. Keep the personal story level-blocked. Keep expansion and living world maps level 80 only. But for goodness sake, trying to level in Ascalon is a hot mess! The level 30-40 zone isn't even connected to the level 15-25 zone. Same with Kryta/Maguuma for that matter with Gendarran fields. It doesn't make sense, and it's frustrating for the player.

I truly feel like creating an open playing field, where mobs are universally leveled in central tyria, and the progression you have from level 1-80 comes in the form of unlocked skills, traits, unlocked story instances, gear, and higher level gathering, will make the base game much more enjoyable.

And on a different note: Please give me the option to skip the tutorial instance after my first character of that race...

(edited for an unfinished sentence)

@"Tawniey.3796" said:So, hear me out fully, but... another of my fav MMOs did something that I feel like GW2 would really benefit from implementing in its own way: They removed the level-zone correlation. Bear with me here—

I know we already have level scaling in reverse. When you're above the level of the zone and still play there, you're scaled down. That's cool. A+. However, I suggest expanding upon this now that we have game expansions and expansion-specific maps. I'd like to see central Tyria (and ONLY central Tyria), opened completely to any character, level 1-80. Most of the storytelling in these zones is highly environmental. There isn't a through-line until you get to the very high level maps, so I don't see there being much point in level-blocking them. Keep the dungeons level-blocked. Keep the personal story level-blocked. Keep expansion and living world maps level 80 only. But for goodness sake, trying to level in Ascalon is a hot mess! The level 30-40 zone isn't even connected to the level 15-25 zone. Same with Kryta/Maguuma for that matter with Gendarran fields. It doesn't make sense, and it's frustrating for the player.

I truly feel like creating an open playing field, where mobs are universally leveled in central tyria, and the progression you have from level 1-80 comes in the form of unlocked skills, traits, unlocked story instances, gear, and higher level gathering.

And on a different note: Please give me the option to skip the tutorial instance after my first character of that race...

There are very practical, real-world issues with trying to create a single open map from Central Tyria. I won't go into them, but they're not going to do that. It SOUNDS like you're not utilizing the tools and tricks available to you to level up QUICKLY. If you think you need to follow your progression with the level of map, you don't. The map XP increases with your level, maintaining a consistent XP increase. TBH, ANet all but makes you level 80 ASAP, but there are some strategies as to how to do that FASTER.

I recently took a character from level 40 to 80 in about 6 hours of play, all without going to more than seven and a quarter maps (the cities and Queensdale, with some of Ashford, IIRC).

First, I started with a level 2 (you always start with level 2 after Pre), and popped the level 40 cookie I had. I then got some XP bonuses that give XP for "all game types" of XP, and mapped all of the cities. Once I was a higher level (I was 45, I think), I got level appropriate masterwork armor and weapons (you can use the gear you get from level rewards, but most of it will be lower-level by the time you're done, I usually just dump it, since it can't be salvaged or sold).

Then I used every XP bonus I could get - food and utilities that were 45 or higher - buffs that weren't level restricted as well. You can get them from multiple sources (Statues, Black Lion Chests, they give you some as well as you level), went into Queensdale and just slaughtering everything - including the yellow, non-hostile creatures (they typically give substantially more XP than red critters, and often times more than an event will give you). I did this until I had mapped the entire thing, leaving no creature I came across alive. By then I was about a level 70, and the place had been depolulated. I ran into Plains of Ashford to finish off the leveling (but it could have been any other lowbie map, too) by doing the same thing there. Everything dies. The idea behind that is to kill something every 60 seconds to keep a max XP kill streak alive for the entire time.

The trick is to pile on as many XP buffs as you can get, and to increase the buffs as you level up (you get more XP in some cases - usually on foods, sometimes on utilities - as you level up). Those all stack, so you can be getting around 300% more XP per kill, and 100% more for all XP types (like event and heart XP rewards). Something to keep in mind is that as you level up, your XP will increase, even if the map doesn't change. Your base XP is character level-based, plus the buffs. This means you're not killing goats for a month to get to max level because your XP reward scales up with your level.

It's really not about having to follow the levels in the map. It's about leveling up where you are. You can do that in ONE map, if you have enough boosts. Completing two or three lobie maps with minimum buffs will do it, too, pretty much from scratch, if you KILL EVERYTHING and maintain the kills streak bonus. You can also buy the XP bonus cookies with laurels from the vendor. The real trick to leveling isn't so much events (which if they involve XP on kills, are AWESOME if it's an annihilation event where you defend against mobs). It's just killing EVERYTHING you encounter, at least once. Your XP reward per kill will scale upward as you level, so lobie kills give about the same XP with the bonuses as they do in highbie maps with bonuses. It also means you don't HAVE TO GEAR UP more than twice - once at your level after mapping the cities, and once for your level 80 gear.

All of this without going anywhere outside of Central Tyria. It's actually very easy to level up a character. ANet practically throws experience at you to get you to 80 ASAP where your character will be for the rest of its life. It's possible you're just not utilizing the tools and tricks that let you level up as quickly as you want. But this is just ONE way of doing it. There are a lot of other ways, which you can try out to suit your playing style. Just one more point of advice: If you have buffs on and need to walk away from the computer, LOG OUT ENTIRELY. That will save your buffs from burning themselves out waiting for you to get back.

Hope this helped.

Now, to stay topical, I've read a few suggestions I heartily agree with.

1. Deleting items shouldn't need to type in the name. Adding an extra "Are you REALLY sure", by pointing out what it is you're throwing away AGAIN, would be sufficient. Unless it's an anti-account hijacking thing, it's really a pain. This was suggested earlier.
  2. Unless they're used in that form in recipes, anything you normally store in the wallet should auto-consume on acquire. This was also suggested earlier.
  3. This MIGHT have been suggested earlier. Boss loot bags are a hot mess (pun intended). Simplifying them to ONE KIND and having them all stack would be hugely beneficial. Call it a "reward container" and let THAT spawn all the separate boss rewards and combined chest stuff. The extraneous loot that is often picked up should be put into their own containers inside the reward container. This would greatly reduce the junk that piles up in longer metas like Dragon's Stand because every different champ seems to drop a different type of bag that opens into different rewards (and even different reward bags). So if it's a drop from a boss, or a chest, then it goes into the reward container to be sorted at leisure.
  4. On that note (and also probably a previous suggestion), how about just making ALL the rare and lower weapon/armor drops go into a corresponding container like they have for them? It's nice to open them to get the occasional bonus out of them, but some folks just want to salvage and move on. This would spare them from a lot of inventory hassles one runs into regardless of how many bag slots there are, and still provide for a chance to get a bonus for those of us who like opening presents, all without cluttering things up. The process seems to be there, and I keep hoping that's the direction the game is going in.

@"mathion.8549" said:

There are very practical, real-world issues with trying to create a single open map from Central Tyria. I won't go into them, but they're not going to do that. It SOUNDS like you're not utilizing the tools and tricks available to you to level up QUICKLY. If you think you need to follow your progression with the level of map, you don't. The map XP increases with your level, maintaining a consistent XP increase. TBH, ANet all but makes you level 80 ASAP, but there are some strategies as to how to do that FASTER.

I recently took a character from level 40 to 80 in about 6 hours of play, all without going to more than seven and a quarter maps (the cities and Queensdale, with some of Ashford, IIRC).

First, I started with a level 2 (you always start with level 2 after Pre), and popped the level 40 cookie I had. I then got some XP bonuses that give XP for "all game types" of XP, and mapped all of the cities. Once I was a higher level (I was 45, I think), I got level appropriate masterwork armor and weapons (you can use the gear you get from level rewards, but most of it will be lower-level by the time you're done, I usually just dump it, since it can't be salvaged or sold).

Hey there, friend. I appreciate your input, but unfortunately, my suggestion had 0% to do with leveling. I have 45 characters, and I'm well aware of techniques to level quickly.

My suggestion was about making the base game content more enjoyable on the whole, as I've found that other MMOs, when changing from a level-gated zone system, to an open world system, became much more interesting to play in. The idea is that, while the backwards-leveling system we have right now allows for high level players to assist low level players, there is very little other draw to complete zones you've outleveled. In addition, as you said, even leveling players have little draw to complete other zones, as you can effectively level from 1-80 in one zone, and why travel halfway across tyria for mobs your level when you don't have to?

There's so much lovely environmental storytelling in this game. There's little jokes and hidden storylines in events and interactions. Getting a Gen1 Legendary weapon shouldn't be the only reason I'm experiencing these things. In addition, the base game maps are very very infrequently visited these days. Opening Central Tyria to all players regardless of level creates more opportunity for interaction between players old and new. New players wouldn't feel as pressured to get to 80 quickly to partake in "veteran content" just to be on an active map. Older players would have a rekindled spark to play the base game. It's truly a win-win all around.

Yes, I understand that there are challenges in changing the level system. I did not suggest one map for the entirety, though, so I think that was misunderstood. I'm simply suggesting that ALL zones be battle-scaled. There should be no penalty for taking my level 12 character to the Iron Marches if that's where I'm interested in visiting. Since there is very little story through-line between zones, it doesn't make sense to effectively be punished for wanting to experience more of the lore of the world, especially from the perspective of a new player.

Any chance that summon consumables (e.g. Fire Elemental Powder, Ogre Pet Whistle, etc.) can be made account-bound instead of soul-bound? Most of these items are already locked behind events which you need to have participation in, before you can purchase them. I think that's probably enough to ensure that players 'earn' the item, so I don't think it's unfair to give players the freedom to swap these items around between characters.