Making a Legendary "Not Transmuted" Again

Zionophir, never fear!

It'll still ping as "purple" and say it's legendary grade when someone hovers over it. It'll just say it was "transmuted." NO BIGGIE, in my book. Many folks transmute their legendary gear, me included (some of mine anyways). :smile:

@"Krypto.2069" said:Zionophir, never fear!

It'll still ping as "purple" and say it's legendary grade when someone hovers over it. It'll just say it was "transmuted." NO BIGGIE, in my book. Many folks transmute their legendary gear, me included (some of mine anyways). :smile:

but i want my transmuted legendaries to be reverted to their vanilla state/just out of the mystic forge by applying the original skins on them.

@zionophir.6845 said:but i want my transmuted legendaries to be reverted to their vanilla state/just out of the mystic forge by applying the original skins on them.Sure, I can see why. And that would have been a decent idea, had ANet thought of it before the Wardrobe launched.

However, I hope you can see why it's not just a few lines of code to set this up to happen on an ongoing basis. It would open up some can or cans of worms to track down all the different places this matters, make appropriate adjustments, and then test it to make sure there aren't unexpected consequences.

I'm not at all against the idea; it just seems unlikely they'd prioritize this.

@zionophir.6845 said:

@"Hafgrim.7026" said:You want, but that doesn't mean you'll get your original lege again. Get a title "Twice-Told Legend" then.

Not sure s/he can make a second warbringer tho

can another warbringer give you twice-told legend?

You can get title with 1st gen legendaries only.Imo you can get the moot twice which is the cheaper one.Just remember that you can't craft it twice as a collection.Get the pre from tp and craft it and also bind it.

@Seteruss.4058 said:

@"Hafgrim.7026" said:You want, but that doesn't mean you'll get your original lege again. Get a title "Twice-Told Legend" then.

You can get title with 1st gen legendaries only.Imo you can get the moot twice which is the cheaper one.Just remember that you can't craft it twice as a collection.Get the pre from tp and craft it and also bind it.

If you get hold of the precursor by any means, you can craft a second of any Gen1 legendary. And a third and ... (I crafted two Quips from TP precursors myself(1). Quip+Quip asura Daredevil is ... slightly surreal.)

(1) One day I'll get around to sending a character to barf in the necessary fractals so I can finish the collection. Maybe.

@Seteruss.4058 said:

but my legendary Mace is in Vanilla state. i have very few legendaries and the Warbringer is only the transmuted one..

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@altermaven.7385 said:This sounds like a cosmetic bug. It should be reported as such.

It has been this way since day one of transmutation charges. You transmute it and it stays transmuted.Well, the unfortunate factor is there. I guess it's only logical that the game wants to say it's been transmuted before, but even my head can't wrap around the logic that you've transmuted a weapon into its own skin and it says it's transmuted as that skin. Alas, it's only cosmetic. It's not like it's gonna break the game to the Mists and back... /shrug

@zionophir.6845 said:

@"Krypto.2069" said:Zionophir, never fear!

but i want my transmuted legendaries to be reverted to their vanilla state/just out of the mystic forge by applying the original skins on them.

And I wanted my warrior to have no crafting disciplines, but I accidentally clicked "make me an armorsmith" while trying to buy stuff from the armorsmith NPC (I often use crafting stations as banks). So now she's an armorsmith.Also, my Eternity is transmuted.

@Seteruss.4058 said:You can get [Twice-told] title with 1st gen legendaries only.You can get the title with any legendary except the first four 2nd generation ones.

The reason that those four can't be told twice: the precursor can only be produced once, since the only method to do so is via a one-time collection. First generation precursors drop in the wild and are traded in the TP (as are the legendaries). Gen 2.5 legendaries have precursors that are craftable, without restriction.

@"sitarskee.5738" said:Maybe I am stupid but what exactly is the problem since you transmuted it back to Warbringer? I honestly cannot see any issue here.

It's a preference, not an "issue."On their screen, when they read the "flavor" text of the weapon, it says "transmuted", even though it's the "physically" same weapon they originally produced. The game doesn't keep track of the original source: each time you transmute, it only knows the current skin and the last previous; any previous history is gone.

That's an artifact of how transmutation worked before the Wardrobe existed and requires new infrastructure to change.

I say "preference" rather than issue because it doesn't affect gameplay; it just undermines the peace of mind of some players.(I think the idea is worth considering; I'd just be surprised if it turned out to be something easy or cheap for ANet to implement, so I think it's unlikely to happen).

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"sitarskee.5738" said:Maybe I am stupid but what exactly is the problem since you transmuted it back to Warbringer? I honestly cannot see any issue here.

It's a preference, not an "issue."On their screen, when they read the "flavor" text of the weapon, it says "transmuted", even though it's the "physically" same weapon they originally produced. The game doesn't keep track of the original source: each time you transmute, it only knows the current skin and the last previous; any previous history is gone.

That's an artifact of how transmutation worked before the Wardrobe existed and requires new infrastructure to change.

I say "preference" rather than issue because it doesn't affect gameplay; it just undermines the peace of mind of some players.(I think the idea is worth considering; I'd just be surprised if it turned out to be something easy or cheap for ANet to implement, so I think it's unlikely to happen).

remember how the Catholic Church transformed by just debating the divinity and humanity of Jesus Christ..

everything matters. what composes 1 second? lots of microseconds.

@zionophir.6845 said:

remember how the Catholic Church transformed by just debating the divinity and humanity of Jesus Christ..

everything matters. what composes 1 second? lots of microseconds.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 wasn't saying that it doesn't matter. It does matter to the player (because it looks a bit weird to have, as I do on one character, a "Bo" that has been transmuted to be a "Bo"), but it doesn't matter in any game-mechanical way (because the skin in use does not matter in a game-mechanical way(1)). My "Bo" was just as effective when it looked like a Suntouched Scythe as it was when it was a plain "Bo" and as it is now that it looks like Bo again.

(1) Subject to some caveats related to the impact of fancy Legendary skins on frame-rates.