Pistol 4 - Blowtorch - Quality of Life Fix

The Baws.5164

Hi,

Please could we get a quality of life fix on engineer offhand pistol 4, blowtorch. Due to how the skill comes out, it's really easy to miss the skill hitting the target even if they are in front of you. For example with pistol 2 and 3 you can move your camera around/run around with left+right click and still have 1,2,3 and 5 land where they were supposed to be. 4 however is a different story and basically just fires in front of where ever you're facing. Could this be fixed please?

Thanks

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@archmagus.7249 said:Do you have action camera enabled?The blowtorch... sporadic... behaviour have nothing to do with action cam. It doesnt track a target, it's just pbaoe that appears to follow the actual blowtorch effect, which is at an angle to your right. Sometimes I have absolutely no idea how that thing works.

Hm. Sounds like a client side lag between the animation and the effect. I've never noticed it happening.

• 3 weeks later...

@archmagus.7249 said:

@archmagus.7249 said:Do you have action camera enabled?The blowtorch... sporadic... behaviour have nothing to do with action cam. It doesnt track a target, it's just pbaoe that appears to follow the actual blowtorch effect, which is at an angle to your right. Sometimes I have absolutely no idea how that thing works.

Hm. Sounds like a client side lag between the animation and the effect. I've never noticed it happening.

I can't see what kind of lag this could be. The blowtorch always goes off to the right hand side, even when standing completely still and facing the target straight ahead (and even with no target at all). Every other ranged weapon attack from the engineer and every ranged wapon attack from every other class goes straight to a point in the center of the target's hitbox, except the blowtorch. It's even worse, when you're standing closer to the target. When you're really close to your target (nose to nose i might say), the animation goes almost in a 90 degrees angle to the right side. This skill's effects hit the target no problem, just the animation seems to think the target's hitbox were to the right of where it really is.

As far as I can see this (let's call it a) bug has existed since the game's release. The engineer was the first class/char i ever created on the first day of pre-release and even then the blowtorch went to the side.

Yeah it's just wonky.

I caught this a little while ago:

Blowtorch at a stationary supervisor, almost point blank range, the supervisor is targeted and I am look in his direction and... absolutely nothing. It just didnt connect. Notice also how in this case the fire effect literally goes straight over the supervisor but nope. It's too bad there wasnt any guard on the right or we could have seen if it actually hit way right instead.